Author Topic: Perkins on the move again? (Rumor)  (Read 4846 times)

Perkins on the move again? (Rumor)
« on: February 20, 2013, 08:12:04 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Another source said there was All-Star break talk of Oklahoma City exploring Marcin Gortat and P.J. Tucker for Kendrick Perkins, Jeremy Lamb and a first-round pick. Arizona Republic
Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#hAgobjVJbuJUfFdm.99

Via hoopshype. I find this interesting especially with all the Perkins love from the locker room and members of OKC staff and such. Not sure why the Suns would trade Gortat for Perk though. As much as I love Perkins I see that as a downgrade.

Re: Perkins on the move again? (Rumor)
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 08:14:44 AM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Another source said there was All-Star break talk of Oklahoma City exploring Marcin Gortat and P.J. Tucker for Kendrick Perkins, Jeremy Lamb and a first-round pick. Arizona Republic

Via hoopshype. I find this interesting especially with all the Perkins love from the locker room and members of OKC staff and such. Not sure why the Suns would trade Gortat for Perk though. As much as I love Perkins I see that as a downgrade.

They want first and lamb,, perk is just for salary matching

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 08:17:21 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

They want first and lamb,, perk is just for salary matching

I just dont see how the last pick in the draft and Perkins would help them more than Gortat. I feel like they could possibly do better.

Great deal for OKC though.

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 08:20:47 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Jeremy Lamb gets traded again if it happens..Poor guy. Be 3 teams in 4 months for him.
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 08:39:35 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Very good trade for Oklahoma if they can pull it off.

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 08:42:13 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I don't buy it.  The Suns are not going to take on more money for more years for a late 1st rounder. 

They do the opposite.  They like to sell late 1st rounders and keep under the cap.

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 08:45:01 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I don't buy it.  The Suns are not going to take on more money for more years for a late 1st rounder. 

They do the opposite.  They like to sell late 1st rounders and keep under the cap.
This might be the trade they go for if they can't land Smith or another "impact" player. Just gather more "assets"?

I'd think Gortat would fetch better, unless they really like lamb.

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 09:04:21 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
You guys are totally underestimating Lamb. He was a lottery pick who can produce at the level of Beal and Barnes. He's got potential to be a great scorer. Just because OKC is too deep with vets to play him doesn't lessen his talent

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 09:05:29 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Doesn't the Thunder have Toronto's first?  Via Houston from the Harden deal?

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 09:07:32 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
You guys are totally underestimating Lamb. He was a lottery pick who can produce at the level of Beal and Barnes. He's got potential to be a great scorer. Just because OKC is too deep with vets to play him doesn't lessen his talent

This..totally agree
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 09:10:08 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Doesn't the Thunder have Toronto's first?  Via Houston from the Harden deal?
Yeah the weird guarenteed to be lottery but not top 5 pick one.

I forgot about that, that pick is probably the key to getting Gortat.

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 09:11:36 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Don't forget that OKC has the Raptors 1st rd pick this year (top 3 protected). That's one of the picks they received in the Harden deal, which Houston originally acquired from Toronto for Kyle Lowry.

So the trade would look more like this:

OKC receives:

Gortat
Tucker

Phoenix receives:

Perkins
Lamb
Toronto 2013 lotter pick (top 3 protected)

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 09:14:35 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
To me J Lamb is a very very unusual situation.  I think these situations will happen more in the future but there is no good or fair reason that Lamb should be in the D League and someone like Austin Rivers gets minutes every night. He is totally a victim of circumstance. Houston overdrafted trying to land Howard. Didn't work. Donatas is in the same situation. Then they traded him with Kevin Martin to get Harden. OKC obviously said "Well if you're getting Harden and we're getting a 30 year old making 13 mill coming off the books we obviously need the kid too." Then they stuck him in the D League to give him reps and have him work on his body and defense. I personally think he's going to burst onto the scene. He's more athletic than people thought with a better shot than people thought that he can get over anyone. It's just about his body and defense and you can say that about any kid.

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2013, 09:19:26 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Might be the Toronto pick, considering the weak draft.

Love it for OKC. Tucker is a nice fetch for the playoffs, as well -- a physical defender.

For PHX, Gortat has really been going into the tank there to get himself out of town. As I've pointed out in my Rondo trade idea, i think they are desperate for an identity. Perkins is the kind of player who thinks single-mindedly about winning, and takes no crap. They could use a player like him, regardless of one year more of salary.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2013, 09:33:40 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
'd like to second the Lamb endorsement and say that he and PJIII are probably two of the top-10 talents in last years draft. Getting either of them while moving a disgruntled Gortat would be a win for Phoenix. Especially if they don't have to take back Perk's salary. Something like Lamb/Martin/1st for Gortat/Dudley would work $ wise. OKC would probably try to opt out of the pick if they're moving Martin though. His $12M expiring is a nice thing to have.

If they need someone to take Perk off their hands I'd be happy to oblige :) Perk for Bass and our 2014 1st!