Author Topic: 4 team trade idea (C's, Atl, LAC, Utah)  (Read 786 times)

4 team trade idea (C's, Atl, LAC, Utah)
« on: February 20, 2013, 11:10:49 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=b64ng7o

Boston:
Josh Smith
Big Al
Bledsoe

LAC:
KG

Utah:
Pierce

Atlanta:
Jordan

Boston does it because they get younger and add 3 young pieces to a young nucleus, which also includes Rondo, Bradley, Green, Sullinger, Lee, etc.

The Clippers are in "win now" mode and the Jordan & Bledsoe for KG has been much discussed.

Utah is loaded at PF/C, but have a major weakness at SF and overall perimeter scoring. Marvin Williams is their current starter and is averaging 8 ppg and 3 rpg on 42% from the field and 33% from 3's. They're also not likely to re-sign Big Al and Pierce still has one year on his contract should they choose not to waive him. The deal makes them better today and gives them options next year.

Atlanta is 2 days away from letting Smith walk for nothing. They have also wanted to move Horford to his natural PF spot for some time. Jordan gives them young return value and allows them to move Horford to the 4.

Perhaps Atlanta gets a few picks from a couple of the teams, but the above is basically the key pieces of the deal.

Re: 4 team trade idea (C's, Atl, LAC, Utah)
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 11:36:46 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227
Yeah i'm sure Ainge would love having the phone call with Pierce telling him he's traded to the Utah Jazz..

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 11:38:34 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Haha.

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 11:38:41 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
Yeah i'm sure Ainge would love having the phone call with Pierce telling him he's traded to the Utah Jazz..

The day he dreads having a phone call with a player to tell him he's traded is the day I don't want him as our GM.

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 11:41:33 AM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=blx24ky

Combining the 3 rumors it makes sense for all teams

Celtics trade: rondo pierce garnett
Celtics get: bledsoe Howard smith

Lakers trade: Howard
Lakers get: rondo, Jordan

Clippers trade: bledsoe, Jordan
Clippers get garnett

Hawks trade: smith
Hawks get: pierce
Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 11:43:45 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227

The day he dreads having a phone call with a player to tell him he's traded is the day I don't want him as our GM.

There's a difference between telling a player he's traded and telling a player who has been a franchise cornerstone for the past 15 years he's traded.....to the Utah Jazz.

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 11:46:26 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

There's a difference between telling a player he's traded and telling a player who has been a franchise cornerstone for the past 15 years he's traded.....to the Utah Jazz.

But that's why he's the GM. If it's in the best interest of the C's and he gets gun shy because it's Pierce and it's to Utah, then it's time for Ainge to go. And I doubt Ainge is gun shy.