Author Topic: Championship team? *Green colored goggles deactivated*  (Read 3679 times)

Championship team? *Green colored goggles deactivated*
« on: February 19, 2013, 11:51:35 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Your best players are pierce and kg, two guys far past their primes. You have a team that loses its identity when KG sits. Collins and wilcox are his backups. Also, bass is your starting PF. Championship team? Not even sure they could win it all in my dreams.

Re: Championship team? *Green colored goggles deactivated*
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 11:53:10 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Ah, didn't take long to overreact to a loss against a team we particularly don't match-up well, in a game where the free-throw differential was 36 to 16... color me unconcerned by it.

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 11:56:11 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Ah, didn't take long to overreact to a loss against a team we particularly don't match-up well, in a game where the free-throw differential was 36 to 16... color me unconcerned by it.

I'm not overreacting to anything. I've been consistent about my feelings towards this team since rondo went down and even before that. We weren't a championship team before the loss and we're not now.

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 11:57:16 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

I'm not overreacting to anything. I've been consistent about my feelings towards this team since rondo went down and even before that. We weren't a championship team before the loss and we're not now.

Oh, I know you've been consistent on it, but still an overreaction to a loss.

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 11:57:42 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

It doesn't matter if we are one now. It only matters if we CAN be one in the Playoffs. Like Cuban said, 5%.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 11:59:25 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

It doesn't matter if we are one now. It only matters if we CAN be one in the Playoffs. Like Cuban said, 5%.

Uhhhh...unless kg and pierce go back to being 27 and our backup bigs aren't collins and wilcox we won't be one in the playoffs either.

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 12:34:23 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

And Pierce shot 2/14
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 12:40:24 AM »

Offline FreeGreen

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 19
A close loss to the team with the best home record in basketball?

Abandon ship!!

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 12:45:23 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
A close loss to the team with the best home record in basketball?

Abandon ship!!

Yeah, too bad everybody knows the real story.

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 12:56:39 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Yea, we play so well without Rondo  ::)

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 12:59:06 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Yea, we play so well without Rondo  ::)

We played real well with him too. ::)

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 01:53:44 AM »

Offline ozman

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
Your best players are pierce and kg, two guys far past their primes. You have a team that loses its identity when KG sits. Collins and wilcox are his backups. Also, bass is your starting PF. Championship team? Not even sure they could win it all in my dreams.

no team should play to loose. sentimental thoughts for kg and pp aside, this team providing we make the playoffs does have a chance to win it all, just like every team that makes the playoffs. we match up well with every team in the east, we have great experience and strengths that that in the playoffs type series, outweigh the flaws.

is it likely? probably not, but you gotta be in it to win it.

i definitely recommend you read current forum topiic. 'the rebuilding myth
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=63019.msg1410972;topicseen#new'

basically, for every team that has a successful rebuild and becomes contenders in a short amount of time (very very few) there are 10-15 teams whos rebuilding effort gets them stuck in a hold of mediocrity. We are in a good position, good assets, future cap room. and more importantly, we have a team that right now has a chance to make a run in the playoffs.

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 04:23:08 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

no team should play to loose. sentimental thoughts for kg and pp aside, this team providing we make the playoffs does have a chance to win it all, just like every team that makes the playoffs.[/color] we match up well with every team in the east, we have great experience and strengths that that in the playoffs type series, outweigh the flaws.

is it likely? probably not, but you gotta be in it to win it.

i definitely recommend you read current forum topiic. 'the rebuilding myth
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=63019.msg1410972;topicseen#new'

basically, for every team that has a successful rebuild and becomes contenders in a short amount of time (very very few) there are 10-15 teams whos rebuilding effort gets them stuck in a hold of mediocrity. We are in a good position, good assets, future cap room. and more importantly, we have a team that right now has a chance to make a run in the playoffs.

Stopped reading right there. I'm not talking about pipe dreams here. Everybody that plays the lottery has a chance to win as well. The odds are so stacked against you tho its pretty safe to say it ain't happening.

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2013, 06:10:43 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
We are like a 1 in 30 chance.

http://www.oddsshark.com/nba/nba-championship-odds

We were 1 in 25 earlier in Nov.

I don't think we have a realistic chance to win it all.   I will be rooting for us to win though.

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2013, 06:26:05 AM »

Offline tyrone biggums

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91

If they have the same roster at 3pm tomorrow then no. If they add a legit center or josh smith for green + bass + pick then yes.