Author Topic: It's painful when KG hits the bench  (Read 2116 times)

Re: It's painful when KG hits the bench
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2013, 10:35:30 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Despite all the improvements over the past 10 games, Boston still needs another rim protector, even if he's not a good offensive player. Wilcox, Bass, and Collins aren't shot blockers.

On a somewhat-related note, Bass is driving me nuts. He keeps getting heavy minutes, and Doc barely uses my boy Wilcox. Bass played the entire first quarter last night, despite committing an ugly turnover that resulted from him trying to dribble the ball upcourt (and which led to a Denver fast break for 2 pts), then getting the ball slapped out of his hands on an attempted (and forced) post-up of Iguodala. His 9 rebounds were nice, but man, is he awful on offense.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2013, 11:05:17 AM »

Offline wahz

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 101
our best bet to save this season and but also alter the club for a more consistent future is to get a very good big for Rondo and Bass. Obviously it upgrades TODAY but the big would have to be good enough to lose Rondo over. I fear losing Rondo as he will drop 18-15 and 10 on us 4 ever, but I don't fear losing his inconsistency. And though Playoff Rondo is a top ten player, he can't shoot a defended jumper and didn't have great 7th games.

Everyone else has thrown out a ton of ideas but there shouldn't be much doubt we could get a solid guy for those two.

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2013, 11:15:10 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Noticed it a lot tonight

I'm sure Ainge did too.

That's why, I think that if Ainge thinks that he can't get a decent backup big to spell KG, and at times play alongside him and clog the paint, he blows it up and moves KG/PP.

Nuggets really exposed us last night.
I was more concerned about the offense, which repeatedly failed to step on Denver's chest and finish them.

Tommy was too in the post-game last night. He talked a lot about old, tired legs and front-rimming shots.

Those comments seemed to be a departure from his pre-game comments about KG/PP. Almost like he actually was changing his mind about trading them.
I couldn't bear to listen to the post game (mostly because I expected the usual dose of Tommy gripe about the one-sided officiating). What else did he say?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2013, 11:48:50 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
To me he seemed kinda depressed, discouraged about the way they played, especially the vets.

Now this is really reading something into it and is soleley my opinion but:

Tommy seemed like he was resigned that something was gonna happen. I've never seen him so down post-game.

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2013, 11:57:45 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I was thinking it was 50/50 for a deal, I am leaning more towards 60/40 today but this all means nothing.