Author Topic: What would you like to see by Thursday @ 3:01  (Read 5423 times)

Re: What would you like to see by Thursday @ 3:01
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2013, 03:17:38 PM »

Offline quidinqui33

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 71
My vote is for Green/Bass/and (picks/melo) for Josh Smith.

That lets us compete now, let's KG and P retire as celts and gives us a sold core for of Rondo and Smith for the future.  Those two are good friends as well.

I think a change of environment will be great for Smith along with playing alongside KG and Pierce.

I would hate to see Green go, but you have to give to get.

That is the best deal out there for J. Smith (much better than Humpries and M. Brooks) and I think Danny will let the hawks sweat for the next couple of days and hope they bite on thus.  If the Hawks are set on not re-signing Smith, they just might pull the trigger come Thus.

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2013, 03:19:05 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I don't consider 2 more years "a lot of years left", and ideally "upgrade" is more of a roster notion, than a player vs. player notion. If you can grab a center of comparable talent, then that's an upgrade for the team.
You swap your starting PF for a backup C and that's a roster upgrade? Because Garnett isn't going back to PF, and you're still one big man short even after this swap.

What?

There are plenty of PF/C types, or at least PF with more length than Bass. And KG can very well move to PF if needed be. Don't see the problem with that at all.
Who is out there that makes around what Bass makes, has a team willing to take on salary, and wants to move a rotation caliber player?

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2013, 03:21:04 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I'd love to add smith for a bag of balls.  :)

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2013, 03:21:43 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I don't consider 2 more years "a lot of years left", and ideally "upgrade" is more of a roster notion, than a player vs. player notion. If you can grab a center of comparable talent, then that's an upgrade for the team.
You swap your starting PF for a backup C and that's a roster upgrade? Because Garnett isn't going back to PF, and you're still one big man short even after this swap.

What?

There are plenty of PF/C types, or at least PF with more length than Bass. And KG can very well move to PF if needed be. Don't see the problem with that at all.
Who is out there that makes around what Bass makes, has a team willing to take on salary, and wants to move a rotation caliber player?

No clue. Just saying, if the option is out there, you do it. If not, I'm content with staying pat. I'm not making any trade proposals, just using a player and providing possible motivators that could be used to trade him, if that particular need exists around the league... motivators that have been frequently used in trades that have left some scratching their heads because they don't comprehend the value some people place on certain aspects.

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2013, 03:22:09 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590
Mikki Moore resigned
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2013, 03:25:36 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

What?

No clue. Just saying, if the option is out there, you do it. If not, I'm content with staying pat.
If its not an option you can actually craft a scenario for then why bring it up? That tells me there is no such option.

I'd like to see Pierce + Melo + Picks for LBJ. That's the sort of deal that "upgrades" Bass, one that the other team wants no part of.

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2013, 03:26:21 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Josh smith on the celtics.

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2013, 03:27:40 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
What would I like to see at 3:01 on Thursday?

A thread titled "Why Didn't Danny get Smith?"
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2013, 03:36:59 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86

Both ESPN's Chris Broussard and CBS' Ken Berger are reporting that the Bucks and Hawks are talking about a trade involving Monta Ellis and Josh Smith.
The Hawks reportedly think that Ellis and Jeff Teague would mesh well together in their backcourt. The Bucks, meanwhile, have bigger plans up their sleeve. If they can pry Smith from the Hawks, they'd perhaps then try to trade defensive stopper Luc Richard Mbah a Moute and a pick to the Magic for J.J. Redick. That would leave them with a very solid starting five of Brandon Jennings, Redick, Ersan Ilyasova, Smith and Larry Sanders. It's a potential deal to monitor as the Hawks weigh their options ahead of Thursday's deadline.

Source: CBS Sports

I think if bucks pull out of deal. We have a better shot

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2013, 03:44:09 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Both ESPN's Chris Broussard and CBS' Ken Berger are reporting that the Bucks and Hawks are talking about a trade involving Monta Ellis and Josh Smith.
The Hawks reportedly think that Ellis and Jeff Teague would mesh well together in their backcourt. The Bucks, meanwhile, have bigger plans up their sleeve. If they can pry Smith from the Hawks, they'd perhaps then try to trade defensive stopper Luc Richard Mbah a Moute and a pick to the Magic for J.J. Redick. That would leave them with a very solid starting five of Brandon Jennings, Redick, Ersan Ilyasova, Smith and Larry Sanders. It's a potential deal to monitor as the Hawks weigh their options ahead of Thursday's deadline.

Source: CBS Sports

I think if bucks pull out of deal. We have a better shot

Can you see JSmoove agreeing to sign longterm in Milwaukee? I can't.

Howewver, Bucks may be willing to take the chance on a rental. Not sure, though, that the Bucks would do that.

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2013, 03:44:43 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
If what they're giving up is Ellis a rental is fine.

Ellis has an opt out and is likely to exercise it.

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2013, 03:48:39 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
I'm waiting for Smoove to pull a Melo/D-Will and kill his midseason trade value by claiming he won't resign anywhere not named Boston. In all seriousness though the only trade I'd be happy with is if we got Smith for minor pieces (i.e not Pierce) which probably wont happen.

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2013, 03:51:00 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

Do the Hawks do it if they view Ellis as a rental if he opts out?

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2013, 03:55:17 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

Maybe they're interested in resigning Ellis at his market value more than Smith? They also could be interested in the other assets involved, most other scenarios have longer term salary attached so an de-facto expiring + assets isn't a bad offer either.

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2013, 04:00:37 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

Maybe they're interested in resigning Ellis at his market value more than Smith? They also could be interested in the other assets involved, most other scenarios have longer term salary attached so an de-facto expiring + assets isn't a bad offer either.

Wish I had a crystal ball.

All this conjecture is fun though.

Personally, I hope we keep KG/PP and somehow acquire someone like Dalembert or Hickson. KG needs some backup.
One of those two and Kmart with the core of our current roster is what I'd like to see.

Josh Smith is unlikely and my preference, but not for PP.