Author Topic: Dwight Mocks Kobe  (Read 10117 times)

Re: Dwight Mocks Kobe
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2013, 03:38:06 PM »

Offline JoT

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
Dwight has definitely overstayed his welcome in LA and the Lakers fans I know want him gone. Kobe and Shaq didn't get along in those early years but I bet Kobe appreciates him now. Shaq was a jokester who had fun, but when it was game time he showed up to play.

Also I don't think I've ever seen an athlete fall from the media's and public's good graces the way Dwight has, I don't even think LeBron.
He went from good guy Dwight to Dwightmare.

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2013, 03:44:44 PM »

Offline BlountTrauma30

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 4
Howard is a very talented idiot and it obviously isn't smart for him to be causing problems with the leader of the team that just traded for him but I am fully in support of him mocking Kobe.  I'm surprised at how many people think Howard is really in the wrong here. 

Kobe has been probably the worst teammate in the league for more than a decade and he is finally getting a taste of his own medicine.  Kobe has berated his teammates, mocked them publicly and pushed Shaq out of town, a HoF player who Kobe rode the coattails of to his first 3 championships. 

A lot of people defend him, saying things like he's a winner and only the losers he's played with can't take the abuse.  But Duncan isn't like that and he's won 4 championships, and neither are any of the leaders of the other recent champs so I don't think that rings true.  Maybe Howard is the only person with enough balls to call him out for what he is without being worried about the repercussions. 

I'm glad this is happening because if it means the Lakers do trade Howard, they will be much worse off for the future.  I want to see the Lakers and their fans suffer like we did from the period after Bird's retirement until KG came to town.

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2013, 03:51:11 PM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
Dwight to MIA
Wade to ATL
J. Smith & Kyle Korver to LAL

who says no?

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2013, 03:53:17 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Howard is a very talented idiot

Dwight Howard is very talented or just tall with freakish athleticism? I see more skill at the local YMCA

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2013, 03:54:25 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Well, I guess we all expected this Kobe-Dwight thing, they deserve that as much as anyone in the league. Kobe has thrown everybody under the bus whenever they've lost, he's never wrong, and yeah, the "big boy pants" thing was directed at Pau.

Pau saved the Lakers in the 07-08 season and beyond, he's the main reason they made the Finals three straight years. The Odom-Pau-Bynum frontcourt was key for their success, Pau may be soft, but he's skilled and can pass, shoot, rebound, post up and make their teammates better. The 2010 FMVP was a travesty, Joey Crawford and Pau should've won it, never Kobe. The 2009 FMVP could be argued, although if you watch the Lakers before getting Pau and after, it's clear he was the piece that put them over the top. Kobe is a great offensive player, but he can chuck his team out of games. Their frontline put them into contention, and Pau (and Odom) were key. But all the credit goes to Kobe, just like almost everything on that organization (where's the Mikan retired number and the Minnesota references at the Staples Center? well, you know...)The difference between the Celtics and the Lakers is that they swap players like baseball cards. We respect tradition.

Now, they swap Bynum for Dwight after getting rid of Odom... they deserve this.

Kobe doesn't deserve any more ring, he won his 4th because of Pau and the KG injury, and his 5th was giftwrapped by the refs. He can retire tomorrow and he'll go to the HOF anyway.

Nash deserved his ring right until he went to the Lakers. I'd love to see him traded to a real contender as he's a long time favorite for me, but as long as he wears purple and gold, I can't root for him or any other Faker.

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2013, 04:11:36 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Dwight to MIA
Wade to ATL
J. Smith & Kyle Korver to LAL

who says no?

Any team with "Dwight to..." in front of its name.

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2013, 04:21:50 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Dwight has helped the Lakers implode (along with dumb management)

He is a Celtic hero now.

I would still take him in a heart beat. 

He is still the best big man of his generation.  The best big man of every generation has won a title.   

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2013, 04:30:25 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Lakers could still win the title.  It's not out of the question when you have that kind of talent on the team. All it takes is a win streak.  They are only 3.5 games out of 8th and if they make the playoffs they have just as good a shot as any team to win.

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2013, 04:59:42 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

He is still the best big man of his generation.  The best big man of every generation has won a title.

Indeed.  This one won a couple with the Lakers

Yup

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2013, 05:03:25 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
I really think Howard's biggest problem is that he's just not funny. No one he's trying make laugh is laughing at his jokes.  He just looks like a big dork who can't get out of his own way.

He's not a bad guy.  He's just not funny, and he thinks he is.
Yup

« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2013, 05:10:08 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
I really think Howard's biggest problem is that he's just not funny. No one he's trying make laugh is laughing at his jokes.  He just looks like a big dork who can't get out of his own way.

It's way more than just whether he's funny or not.

I think he just doesn't know how to please people when he needs to. Telling bad jokes wouldn't make a contender miss the playoffs, would it?
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2013, 05:18:58 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Dwight has helped the Lakers implode (along with dumb management)

He is a Celtic hero now.

I would still take him in a heart beat. 

Pretty much..

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2013, 05:22:09 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

It's way more than just whether he's funny or not.

I think he just doesn't know how to please people when he needs to. Telling bad jokes wouldn't make a contender miss the playoffs, would it?

I dunno,  His jokes are pretty awful  ;)

Point taken, and I agree that it is more of a general social skill type thing than merely his lack of ability to be funny.
Yup

« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2013, 05:22:33 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I don't think Dwight means ill in this case, but he MUST know that there is a proper time and place for jokes and fun.

Right now? With the situation that the Lakers are in...with Dr. Buss being in the hospital (at the time)...

Dwight Howard just needs to grow up a bit.

With all that talent he has - even if he has played injured most of the season, he is still far and away one of the best centers out there.

The Best Center is in Green, by the way...

Slightly off-topic, but did anyone here see Kobe Bean Bryant's defense on LeBron James in that All-Star game?

Kobe Bryant is truly one of the best of All-Time...he blocked LeBron at least twice, and had a part in perhaps LeBron's worse all-star game so far. I saw that performance from Kobe, and thought about Jeff Green's Defense on both LeBron and Melo...

Danny: PLEASE don't trade Jeff Green - or any other Celtic, for that matter.

But yeah - DH just needs to grow up a bit...need to learn when and where to do stuff like this.

« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2013, 05:24:05 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
funny how DH's smiling gets under people's skins...........

they wanted him......because they are the Lakers......they by Devine right should have the best big man always......it is written

be careful what you wish for

they got him, and now he will do the same to the Lakers as with Orlando, be wishie washie. , string them along ....just like a high school girl friend.......LoL....

they deserve each other