Author Topic: Dwight Mocks Kobe  (Read 10115 times)

Re: Dwight Mocks Kobe
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2013, 02:40:41 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
This guy should never win a championship and I want Kobe to win his 6th ring, which means this piece of garbage needs to be thrown out of the team before he ruins everything.

Clown Howard is a pure loser, as displayed by his antics. This guy should never win a championship and always regret his misdoings. When he gets older (mid to late 30's), he should be crying and wishing for a championship, and never get it, because he doesn't deserve it.

Even though I am a Celtics fan and shouldn't be supporting Lakers, I fully support them in this situation. This guy is an awful role-model, player, and person. His personality is being a loser.

My sentiments exactly. I support Kobe, but never Dwight. GO TO CHARLOTTE.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2013, 02:47:43 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I never thought Kobe could become a sympathetic figure to me. Wow.

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2013, 02:50:34 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
If I were Kobe I'd throw Gasol under the bus too.  He's been utterly useless the past two seasons and his contract is an absolute joke. 

Keeyon Dooling played better in the last playoffs then that soft 7 foot girl scout.

The guy was averaging 41% from the field last I checked - for a 7 foot post player!!!

Gasol at this point in career is a bad joke.  Pierce, Duncan and KG are all significanly older than him, yes they are all playing at a far higher level.

The Lakers can't even trade him - nobody in their right mind will touch that contract.

Kobe (m. He has much as I can't stand him) is one of the most extreme competitors in today's league, and he leaves it all on the line every single night without debate. Without him the Lakers are probably a 5 win team right now. He has every right to speak up when other guys (no matter who it is) and not giving effort.

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2013, 02:51:55 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
When did Kobe throw Gasol under the bus though??

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2013, 02:54:48 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

not sure if this counts but earlier this season when Gasol was struggling and battling injuries I think and I quote...Kobe said "time to put on your big boy pants on". I think that was directed at Gasol

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2013, 02:55:18 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

not sure if this counts but earlier this season when Gasol was struggling and battling injuries I think and I quote...Kobe said "time to put on your big boy pants on". I think that was directed at Gasol
No, that was about Howard.

edit: Or maybe not.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2013, 02:55:26 PM »

Offline quidinqui33

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 71
This guy is a total clown.

He did the exact same type of "mocking" antics to stan van gundy who basically helped him become the player he is.

He has no respect for anyone that pushes him which is exactly why I don't want him on the Celts.  Doc is a tough coach known for "tough love".  Dwight would be a nightmare here as well.

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2013, 02:56:23 PM »

Offline quidinqui33

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 71
This guy is a total clown.

He did the exact same type of "mocking" antics to stan van gundy who basically helped him become the player he is.

He has no respect for anyone that pushes him which is exactly why I have never wanted him on the Celts.  Doc is a tough coach known for "tough love".  Dwight would be a nightmare here as well.

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2013, 02:58:57 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Sources: Kobe OK with Howard trade

Whether center Dwight Howard is a part of that attempted revival doesn't matter to Bryant, sources familiar with Bryant's thinking told FOX Sports Ohio.

Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak has strongly nixed the notion that Howard could be moved prior to Thursday's trading deadline. But if Kupchak changes his mind, he'd have Bryant's full support, according to sources.

While Bryant and Howard aren't close, no rift exists between them, either. Still, Bryant appears uncertain if Howard is the right fit on a team that must put together a fervent finish just to qualify for the postseason -- and one that is unlikely to possess home-court advantage in any round if it does get there.

The Lakers exited the All-Star break at an underachieving 25-29 and 3˝ games out of the final playoff spot.

Optimists will point to the fact they've won eight of their previous 12 games. But they lost 125-101 to the Clippers on the final night before All-Star weekend -- in a game that resembled little more than 48 minutes of garbage time.

The acquisitions of Howard and point guard Steve Nash prior to the season immediately made the Lakers the popular favorite to win the Western Conference. They were considered a sure title contender, boasting a lineup that could greatly assist the 34-year-old Bryant in his quest to obtain a sixth championship ring.

Instead, the Lakers started slowly, fired coach Mike Brown after five games, replaced Brown with Mike D'Antoni, and have continued to look out of sorts.

Howard alone can hardly be blamed, and Bryant even admires how Howard has played through back and shoulder pain. But sources say Bryant also wonders if Howard has the right approach, mental toughness and overall willingness to help the Lakers flourish in what has become their most important stretch.

Bryant is not alone in his concern, sources say. Nash, Pau Gasol and several others also seem fairly uneasy about Howard's commitment to the cause.

According to sources, a number of Lakers have their doubts about whether Howard takes the game seriously and "wants it" enough for the challenges the team now faces.

Howard's $19.2 million contract is second-highest on the Lakers (behind Bryant) and expires at the end of the season. It is believed he too would be OK with a trade, and likely welcome one if he were sent to a preferred destination. Brooklyn and Dallas are said to be among the teams with which Howard would agree to a contract extension this summer.

Sources insist it's still possible Howard could re-sign with the Lakers, but that he hasn't made up his mind and won't come to such a decision until the season plays out.

Kupchak has denied a CBS Sports report the Lakers were toying with the idea of trading Howard to the Celtics in a deal for point guard Rajon Rondo, out for the season with an ACL injury.

However, sources say Kupchak has indeed taken several calls centered on Howard. So far, according to sources, Kupchak has quickly shot down any pitches.

Twitter: @SamAmicoFSO

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2013, 03:01:14 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
It's strange to me with all this talk about the Celtics moving KG despite having won 8 of their last 9... why isn't there more talk of the Lakers moving Kobe?  He says he's playing 2 more years max.  I mean they are UNDER .500.  We aren't contenders right now, but if we aren't contenders then it's hard to convince yourself that the Lakers are.   Wouldn't it make more sense to dump Kobe for youth and build around Dwight?  Yes... yes it would. 

Of course, Kobe makes like $30 mil a year making it difficult to trade him, but still... if trading for KG puts you over the top, there's DEFINITELY a few teams who wouldn't mind having Kobe for a couple years.

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2013, 03:02:16 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
This guy should never win a championship and I want Kobe to win his 6th ring, which means this piece of garbage needs to be thrown out of the team before he ruins everything.

Clown Howard is a pure loser, as displayed by his antics. This guy should never win a championship and always regret his misdoings. When he gets older (mid to late 30's), he should be crying and wishing for a championship, and never get it, because he doesn't deserve it.

Even though I am a Celtics fan and shouldn't be supporting Lakers, I fully support them in this situation. This guy is an awful role-model, player, and person. His personality is being a loser.

My sentiments exactly. I support Kobe, but never Dwight. GO TO CHARLOTTE.

Don't know in what universe a Celtics fan should be rooting for Kobe to win his 6th ring.

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2013, 03:02:54 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Because Kobe makes $27+ million, he's essentially impossible to move even beyond his no trade clause.

Its not easy to fit KG's $11 milllion dollar salary for a trade to win now, to fit Kobe is impossible.

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2013, 03:03:32 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
It's strange to me with all this talk about the Celtics moving KG despite having won 8 of their last 9... why isn't there more talk of the Lakers moving Kobe?  He says he's playing 2 more years max.  I mean they are UNDER .500.  We aren't contenders right now, but if we aren't contenders then it's hard to convince yourself that the Lakers are.   Wouldn't it make more sense to dump Kobe for youth and build around Dwight?  Yes... yes it would. 

Of course, Kobe makes like $30 mil a year making it difficult to trade him, but still... if trading for KG puts you over the top, there's DEFINITELY a few teams who wouldn't mind having Kobe for a couple years.
Because Kobe, much like KG, has a no-trade clause.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2013, 03:14:40 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Finally a thread about something other than a trade that will never happen.

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2013, 03:35:25 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Dwight Howard is a childish buffoon...dumbest player in the game

Kobe is a living legend who should've earned all our respect by now as he respects the Celtics...

Edit: Don't insult those who disagree with you
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 03:37:53 PM by Fafnir »