Author Topic: Marc Spears on WEEI predicts the C's will make KG trade  (Read 16293 times)

Re: Marc Spears on WEEI predicts the C's will make KG trade
« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2013, 01:51:59 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Celtics roster won't change much, "other than maybe adding some players to fill in our roster, free agents," Ainge said.

SherrodbCSN

ya, twitter is blowing up with Ainge quotes saying that.  Im not buying it though.  They may end up doing nothing, but I think they are very engaged in talks so to say now the roster won't change much isnt 100% honest.

I think Ainge is being honest here.

I think it's the media who are being disingenuous by embellishing trade talks and the likelihoods of Boston making a major deal at this trade deadline.

I am expecting a very quiet trade deadline for Boston.

I think he's being honest too - not enough out there to move our best assets.  I think the Clippers rumors in particular were floated by members of the Clipper organization to get the idea out in public, and the media are running with them because it's an interesting scenario.

I also think Ainge would say pretty much the same thing if we were very actively looking to trade, though.  But this year I don't really see it.  KG's too stubborn and Pierce is too beloved to make the deals that are available to us.

« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2013, 01:52:29 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Celtics roster won't change much, "other than maybe adding some players to fill in our roster, free agents," Ainge said.

SherrodbCSN

ya, twitter is blowing up with Ainge quotes saying that.  Im not buying it though.  They may end up doing nothing, but I think they are very engaged in talks so to say now the roster won't change much isnt 100% honest.

I think it's the media who are being disingenuous by embellishing trade talks and the likelihoods of Boston making a major deal at this trade deadline.

Same here. I don't think Ainge has any interest in blowing up the team, and more importantly, neither does ownership by the looks of it.

But there's nothing wrong to have some framework done in case something happens in the next few days that does force their hand, or if some miracle too good to be true opportunity comes by.

This is the problem when most of the world has written off the Celtics from contention, when they themselves don't see it that way.

« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2013, 01:52:50 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

SherrodbCSN

I am leaning that way too.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2013, 01:55:01 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
I think DeAndre Jordan needs a top defensive coach to help him fulfill his defensive potential. Vinny Del Negro isn't that guy.

Bingo - TP to "Who".

DeAndre Jordan has all the physical tools he needs to be an elite defensive, rebounding center - he has the athleticism of JaVale McGee and the strength and size of Dwight Howard.

Remember, Ainge already built one championship team around with Kendrick Perkins at center. DeAndre Jordan has far more ability than Perkins and the right system and the right coaching on the defensive side could do him wonders.
With a guy like Jordan you just need the "bulk" of your scoring to come from other positions. I think he could ultimately be a 15-10 and 3 block guy night in and night out with 35 minutes a night for the next ten years and if he gets a real understanding and focus on the defensive side to go along with that 15/10/3 stat line...great value at $10 mil per.   

If we ended up trading Rondo, Pierce and KG and were able to bring back either of the following combinations of players:

Howard, Smith and Bledsoe and pieces
or
Jordan, Smith and Bledsoe and pieces

Ainge would have basically rebuilt this team in two days.

Jordan or Howard / FA / Melo
Josh Smith / Sullinger
Jeff Green / FA / FA
Lee / Willie Green
Bradley / Bledsoe

That is a big, strong, tough, athletic team - I think they compete immediately and contend for years.

All that being said, I would also be very happy to stay with KG and Pierce and watch them ride it out, add FA's when their contracts come off.

« Reply #94 on: February 19, 2013, 01:55:16 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
I understand it's tough to make a trade. But Bass needs to go. I would rather a fresh face than him the rest of the year.. ughhhh!

Re: Marc Spears on weei in the 9am hour
« Reply #95 on: February 19, 2013, 01:56:57 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I see, you don't have issue with Jordan as a player, so much as his salary and length.
Given that Jordan can't be had without his salary and length, perhaps you can explain how this is different for the purposes of this trade discussion?

I was pointing out the fact that you are really only concerned with your thought that Jordan is too expensive for too many years, and not his game.

Bledsoe and Jordan are as good of a return as one could hope for...
Having Garnett is a better return than Bledsoe and Jordan.

This is a different discussion. Although, perhaps this is the crux of your issue with Jordan and the deal in general.
My issue with the deal is that if you're only able to get a so-so player on a cap-killer contract, maybe it's ok not to deal.

Your issue seems to be that you refuse the scrutinize all aspects of this deal.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #96 on: February 19, 2013, 01:57:17 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
I think we're in a great position either way we go...

« Reply #97 on: February 19, 2013, 01:57:50 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Danny Ainge says deal unlikely before thurs. also expects talks to cool over the next 48 hrs

gdickerson_csn
[/quot

hurray,    trade Jordon for KG is the most Is plain dumb.

if Jordon is all that great ,then why don't they win  it all with him.........because he sucks.......and DA...isn't stupid enough to trade KG , for a second string role player that shoots worse than Rondo

forget the clippers......

« Reply #98 on: February 19, 2013, 01:58:54 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
I don't think any trades are made. I never did, its unfortunate. I don't think we have much of a shot with this current team. Hopefully we keep up our recent play because we have a tough stretch coming up..

« Reply #99 on: February 19, 2013, 02:03:21 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
I don't know if we played Denver around the trade deadline last year as well; but in 2011, we had a game against them around the trade deadline and Perk was traded to OKC.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #100 on: February 19, 2013, 02:17:06 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
I don't know if we played Denver around the trade deadline last year as well; but in 2011, we had a game against them around the trade deadline and Perk was traded to OKC.

The actual day was when we got Green. We lost a tough game that night.

« Reply #101 on: February 19, 2013, 02:22:26 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
i do not see that happening.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #102 on: February 19, 2013, 02:23:30 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557

SherrodbCSN

I am leaning that way too.

That is fine. let's add some guys and roll with what we got bro!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #103 on: February 19, 2013, 02:24:25 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

The actual day was when we got Green. We lost a tough game that night.

That was rough, since (much like this year) we were already hit hard by injuries at that point, and the trade just made it even worse.

« Reply #104 on: February 19, 2013, 02:41:40 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I've been saying for a solid few weeks now all these trade rumors are just a snow job by the media.

It's as if the media WANT KG TO BE TRADED.  Do they honestly think if they say it enough it will happen?  Do think think they are the one's who can convince KG to accept a deal to LA?

KG ain't going anywhere.