Author Topic: Marc Spears on WEEI predicts the C's will make KG trade  (Read 16179 times)

Re: Marc Spears on weei in the 9am hour
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2013, 10:32:53 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Jordan an elite center?

Spears just impeached his credibility with that one.
I am more inclined to agree with Flip Saunders, who was on ESPN radio tonight, saying that you should be able to give the ball to your most important players down the stretch, and that Jordan not being able to make his free throws is a problem.

If these deals were to happen then I think we would look to move Jordan in the summer.

Bass and Jordan to the Lakers in a S&T for Howard perhaps?  I'd be sad to lose KG and Pierce, but if it meant we wound up with both Howard and Smith, I'm sure I could get over it (although I'd cringe whenever we went to the free throw line with Rondo, Howard and Smith.  Gyah.)

Re: Marc Spears on WEEI predicts the C's will make KG trade
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2013, 10:34:36 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Eventually this will happen:

Jet, Pierce, Collins, Wilcox, and KG to the Clippers.

Thompkins, Melo, Odom's expiring and picks to the Hawks.

Butler, Jordan, Smith, Stevenson's and Willie's bad contracts, and Bledsoe to the Celtics.

Atlanta gets some picks, a prospect, expiring deals, AND unloads Deshawn Stevenson.

Clippers get KG (replaces Jordan), Pierce (replaces Butler) and Terry (replaces E Bled). Since
Pierce (going home) and Terry are coming with KG waives his NTC to go to an LA team.

Boston gets young athletic pieces for the 35+ yr. old vets. Then maybe they flip Butler to SA for S Jack's contract (who they buy out) and a pick.

Then we look a lot like Denver East next year with:

Rondo/E Bled / Barbosa (maybe?) - if we still want him and we said we would
Bradley / Lee / Willie Green
Jeff Green / Stevenson
Josh Smith / Sully
Jordan / Melo

I am sure we will have some rookies also.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2013, 10:38:02 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Jordan an elite center?

I am more inclined to agree with Flip Saunders, who was on ESPN radio tonight, saying that you should be able to give the ball to your most important players down the stretch, and that Jordan not being able to make his free throws is a problem.

If these deals were to happen then I think we would look to move Jordan in the summer.

Bass and Jordan to the Lakers in a S&T for Howard perhaps?  I'd be sad to lose KG and Pierce, but if it meant we wound up with both Howard and Smith, I'm sure I could get over it (although I'd cringe whenever we went to the free throw line with Rondo, Howard and Smith.  Gyah.)

I doubt Bass. Maybe Jeff Green. They would like a stretch four if Dantoni is the coach. Maybe then they move Gasol for Granger and a filler.

Nas, Kobe, Granger, Green, DJ
need to improve the bench.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2013, 10:39:43 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
-says jordan can be an elite center
- says he knows that LA wants to get this deal done
- Josh Smith should be the C'S main target, even if it mean trading away pp and/or kg

-speculating that both trades could happen

-think smith would be an all-star here

He predicts the clippes deal is going to happen.....

His conclusions are reached on flawed logic, so no worries here.

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2013, 10:44:39 AM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

Butler, Jordan, Smith, Stevenson's and Willie's bad contracts, and Bledsoe to the Celtics.

Atlanta gets some picks, a prospect, expiring deals, AND unloads Deshawn Stevenson.

Clippers get KG (replaces Jordan), Pierce (replaces Butler) and Terry (replaces E Bled). Since
Pierce (going home) and Terry are coming with KG waives his NTC to go to an LA team.

Boston gets young athletic pieces for the 35+ yr. old vets. Then maybe they flip Butler to SA for S Jack's contract (who they buy out) and a pick.

Jeff Green / Stevenson
Josh Smith / Sully
Jordan / Melo

that's beyond awful
you want to give u all of our size to get one guy back? rofl
i hope DA isn't that stupid. that's just...bad.

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2013, 10:49:08 AM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93

Jeff Green / Stevenson
Josh Smith / Sully
Jordan / Melo

How do you take away Tommy points? :o
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2013, 10:49:11 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Jordan an elite center?

Yeah. If Jordan were an elite center please tell me how he is not one right now on a team with CP3 and Blake Griffin...

Really hoping he is wrong about this.
It is slim pickings among centers these days, but I don't see how anyone not named Noah, Howard, or Chandler (and maybe Varejao when healthy) can be called "elite" without stretching the term past reasonable credibility.

Jordan is a 24 y/o 6'11" center who is averaging 9/7 in 24 minutes per game. Normally, player's peak years are ~26-31, give or take. Is he "elite" now? No. Could he be "elite" in a year or 3. Yes.

Just remember, at 27 Tyson Chandler did not start for the Bobcat in the playoffs. He averaged only 15 minutes per game. The next season he was a defensive anchor and the starting C for the Dallas team that won the championship. He is now considered one of the top Cs in the league.

IMO, it's a little too early to judge Jordon.

Mk
At 27, Tyson Chandler already had 2 full seasons as a starter in New Orleans in which he averaged 11 pts and 12 rebounds. His play in Dallas wasn't exactly a revelation.

Jordan has 4 seasons of sustained mediocrity so far. Sure, he's younger, and maybe he can improve. But it's far from a given.

Could he be Elite? Sure he could.

But when Olowokandi was the same age as Jordan his averages were somewhat similar. 8.5ppg, 6.4rpg, 1.3bpg shot only 44% from the field (really?), and 54% from the free thrown line, playing 26 minutes a game.
The next season he averaged 11 9 and 2 blocks.

Kwame Brown averaged 7 and 7 at Jordans age in 28 minutes a game.

Perkins 8 and 8 with 2 blocks in 29 minutes.

Darko 8 and 5 in 25 minutes.

Did any of them turn out to bed "elite" by any means?

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2013, 10:55:38 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Jordan an elite center?

I doubt Bass. Maybe Jeff Green. They would like a stretch four if Dantoni is the coach. Maybe then they move Gasol for Granger and a filler.

But then we'd have no one to play the 3, and few resources to acquire one.  I'm not sure I'd like that.  I also think Kobe would eat Jeff Green alive.

I also doubt D'Antoni is retained.

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2013, 10:58:43 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Please do not let this happen.

I like DeAndre Jordan, but Lord he is not going to be an elite center here. He's overpaid and doesn't do a lot.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2013, 11:01:14 AM »

Offline dark19tower

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 0
Jordan an elite center?

If Bass is on this team come the trade deadline..I'm going to be p---ed!

« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2013, 11:04:01 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
If Bass is on this team come the trade deadline..I'm going to be p---ed!
Sure. Let's waive him.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2013, 11:04:04 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Jordan an elite center?

Yeah. If Jordan were an elite center please tell me how he is not one right now on a team with CP3 and Blake Griffin...

Really hoping he is wrong about this.
It is slim pickings among centers these days, but I don't see how anyone not named Noah, Howard, or Chandler (and maybe Varejao when healthy) can be called "elite" without stretching the term past reasonable credibility.

Jordan is a 24 y/o 6'11" center who is averaging 9/7 in 24 minutes per game. Normally, player's peak years are ~26-31, give or take. Is he "elite" now? No. Could he be "elite" in a year or 3. Yes.

Just remember, at 27 Tyson Chandler did not start for the Bobcat in the playoffs. He averaged only 15 minutes per game. The next season he was a defensive anchor and the starting C for the Dallas team that won the championship. He is now considered one of the top Cs in the league.

IMO, it's a little too early to judge Jordon.

Mk
Chandler was hurt pretty bad that year, remember that he failed his physical preventing him from going to OKC.

He had major injury issues that cost him a lot of his "prime" productive years. When he finally got healthier is when it all came together, his decline this year is likely health related as well.

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2013, 11:05:18 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
I predict that no trades happen and the Celtics will continue to play well. Win a Championship in 2013, even I know that is probably too much to ask. But be a tough out in the 2013 playoffs YES.

That team with Willie Greens and DeShawn Stevensons bad contracts is simply a terrible idea.

And who says a frontcourt with Josh Smith and Deandre Jordan would be elite. If they commit to defense and rebounding first and running down the court for fast break baskets, then the Celtics will be OK. How do I know that they will not be Mark Blount and Sydney Wicks revisited?
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2013, 11:09:45 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Jordan an elite center?

I imagine Spears means a Tyson Chandler level center.

« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2013, 11:12:13 AM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I'm hoping Ainge works out some type of three team trade to add Smith without giving up KG or Pierce.

If there is any player I'm becoming against trading it's KG. I'm afraid our culture would die without him