Author Topic: Marc Spears on WEEI predicts the C's will make KG trade  (Read 16250 times)

Re: Marc Spears on weei in the 9am hour
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2013, 12:58:06 PM »

Offline tyrone biggums

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
Jordan an elite center?

Spears just impeached his credibility with that one.

In the East sure...against Western Conference teams...uhh probably not

I think they stand pat

« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2013, 01:05:43 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
Wow, I don't understand all of the Jordan detractors. If roles were reversed and Jordan was drafted by Danny, Jordan is the type of player that would be completely over-rated by Cs fans. However, since he is part of the KG return package, he's the next Darko and nothing more.

Seriously, the kid has game and plays hard. I don't see how anyone can cap his potential at a Darko or Kwame. He's only 24.
Let me explain "the Jordan detractors" for you: He's signed at $12 million per ($10 million salary + $2 million kicker). For multiple years. Do you understand what a cap commitment of this sort means for an NBA team? I'm sorry, but at this price tag, I expect someone a little better than a "kid [who] has game and plays hard".

Ouch, a little worked up huh?

I see, you don't have issue with Jordan as a player, so much as his salary and length. Both of which are the same as KGs. However, ~$10 million is the going rate for starting centers in the NBA. Plus the salaries must match to make a trade.

KG's trade market is very limited. If Danny is going to trade him, I am not sure what you expect in return. Or is that it, you just don't want Danny to trade KG and anything short of LBJ in return is not enough?

Perhaps you would prefer Lamar Odom's expiring deal in return? Wow, cap relief, so what.

If the Cs are indeed going to trade KG, Bledsoe and Jordan are as good of a return as one could hope for... unless of course you want to dump salary to save the owners from paying tax b/c as a fan, I really care about that.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

Re: Marc Spears on WEEI predicts the C's will make KG trade
« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2013, 01:10:31 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
If you listen to him he doesn't exactly predict that i will happen. The host asked him if something happened what does he think it will be, and he basically said if your putting me on the spot i'll say the lakers thing.

« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2013, 01:20:31 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I see, you don't have issue with Jordan as a player, so much as his salary and length.
Given that Jordan can't be had without his salary and length, perhaps you can explain how this is different for the purposes of this trade discussion?

Bledsoe and Jordan are as good of a return as one could hope for...
Having Garnett is a better return than Bledsoe and Jordan.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2013, 01:22:58 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Danny Ainge says deal unlikely before thurs. also expects talks to cool over the next 48 hrs

gdickerson_csn

« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2013, 01:25:51 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Danny Ainge says deal unlikely before thurs. also expects talks to cool over the next 48 hrs
link?

« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2013, 01:26:50 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
link?

Sorry i thought i put the link

gdickerson_csn

But of course every gm says that

« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2013, 01:31:35 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Wow, I don't understand all of the Jordan detractors. If roles were reversed and Jordan was drafted by Danny, Jordan is the type of player that would be completely over-rated by Cs fans. However, since he is part of the KG return package, he's the next Darko and nothing more.

Seriously, the kid has game and plays hard. I don't see how anyone can cap his potential at a Darko or Kwame. He's only 24.
Let me explain "the Jordan detractors" for you: He's signed at $12 million per ($10 million salary + $2 million kicker). For multiple years. Do you understand what a cap commitment of this sort means for an NBA team? I'm sorry, but at this price tag, I expect someone a little better than a "kid [who] has game and plays hard".

D.Jordan is more of a finishing piece to a team that already has it's main stars in place than a piece you get early in the rebuilding process and build around.

It's the wrong phase in the Celtics retooling process for D.Jordan.

Still, I would be happy to acquire him in order to trade him somewhere else and pickup additional or better fitting long term assets.

If the Cs still have long term commitments in place for Rondo, Green, Bass, Lee and Terry, not to mention the inevitability that the Cs would re-sign Bradley and / or Bledsoe in the summer of '14, are the Cs actually "early in the rebuilding process"? Terry would likely be traded, but I'd see the Cs wanting to keep Green and Lee, and having a very difficult time trading Bass. 

Jordan's deal is the same length as Rondo's, Bass' and Terry's, while a year shorter than Lee's and Green's. Considering this lack of flexibility. It could very well be that the Cs would rather have Jordan -- even if they feel he's a little overpaid (much like I suspect they looked at, and feel about, Green) -- than to try to find him in the marketplace with what they have to work with.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2013, 01:40:43 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
I see, you don't have issue with Jordan as a player, so much as his salary and length.
Given that Jordan can't be had without his salary and length, perhaps you can explain how this is different for the purposes of this trade discussion?

I was pointing out the fact that you are really only concerned with your thought that Jordan is too expensive for too many years, and not his game.

Bledsoe and Jordan are as good of a return as one could hope for...
Having Garnett is a better return than Bledsoe and Jordan.

This is a different discussion. Although, perhaps this is the crux of your issue with Jordan and the deal in general.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2013, 01:44:09 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
Celtics roster won't change much, "other than maybe adding some players to fill in our roster, free agents," Ainge said.

SherrodbCSN

« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2013, 01:45:14 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Celtics roster won't change much, "other than maybe adding some players to fill in our roster, free agents," Ainge said.

SherrodbCSN

ya, twitter is blowing up with Ainge quotes saying that.  Im not buying it though.  They may end up doing nothing, but I think they are very engaged in talks so to say now the roster won't change much isnt 100% honest.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2013, 01:46:13 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen

SherrodbCSN

Cue the usual from Danny. I hope something more changes. I don't wanna see KG or Paul go. I can deal with anyone else being moved though.

« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2013, 01:48:18 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402

D.Jordan is more of a finishing piece to a team that already has it's main stars in place than a piece you get early in the rebuilding process and build around.

It's the wrong phase in the Celtics retooling process for D.Jordan.

Still, I would be happy to acquire him in order to trade him somewhere else and pickup additional or better fitting long term assets.

If the Cs still have long term commitments in place for Rondo, Green, Bass, Lee and Terry, not to mention the inevitability that the Cs would re-sign Bradley and / or Bledsoe in the summer of '14, are the Cs actually "early in the rebuilding process"? Terry would likely be traded, but I'd see the Cs wanting to keep Green and Lee, and having a very difficult time trading Bass. 

Jordan's deal is the same length as Rondo's, Bass' and Terry's, while a year shorter than Lee's and Green's. Considering this lack of flexibility. It could very well be that the Cs would rather have Jordan -- even if they feel he's a little overpaid (much like I suspect they looked at, and feel about, Green) -- than to try to find him in the marketplace with what they have to work with.

What is the point in trading Garnett if you don't follow that up by trading those role players on (relatively) expensive multi-year deals?

I say keep Garnett or blow it up properly. No halfway measures.

« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2013, 01:49:48 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402

SherrodbCSN

ya, twitter is blowing up with Ainge quotes saying that.  Im not buying it though.  They may end up doing nothing, but I think they are very engaged in talks so to say now the roster won't change much isnt 100% honest.

I think Ainge is being honest here.

I think it's the media who are being disingenuous by embellishing trade talks and the likelihoods of Boston making a major deal at this trade deadline.

I am expecting a very quiet trade deadline for Boston.

« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2013, 01:51:18 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
I really hope we make a deal not involving KG or Pierce. Anyone else can go. A move needs to be made if they plan on making a run. I hate quiet deadlines.  :-\