Author Topic: I have a bad feeling... (Connecting the dots)  (Read 7218 times)

I have a bad feeling... (Connecting the dots)
« on: February 18, 2013, 10:51:45 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2152
That PP and KG are getting traded to the Clippers in a 3-way trade involving the Clippers, Hawks, Celtics...

We will get Josh Smith, Bledsoe and D. Jordan and post the worst ft% in the history of the NBA next season when Rondo is healthy.

I'm disgusted.

The only color that matters is GREEN

Re: I have a bad feeling... (Connecting the dots)
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 10:53:45 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
That PP and KG are getting traded to the Clippers in a 3-way trade involving the Clippers, Hawks, Celtics...

We will get Josh Smith, Bledsoe and D. Jordan and post the worst ft% in the history of the NBA next season when Rondo is healthy.

I'm disgusted.

I think if that were the case, then Jordan and Bledsoe would likely go to Atlanta, not Boston.

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 10:54:43 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I wouldn't get too disgusted til the deadline. Odds say nothing will happen

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 10:57:49 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
How would we get all of them? What can LAC give ATL? I wouldn't trade KG, Pierce, and Green for Bledsoe, Smith, and Jordan, plus salaries would be hard to match up (Odom, Butler, Bass) would all need to be added, along with picks probably.

And yeah, KG could axe the entire deal, which I would pray he did.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 10:58:10 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Acquiring Bledsoe, Jordan, and Josh Smith would not be about fielding a contender.

Bledsoe - Bradley - Green - Smith - Jordan

That would indeed be a fun team to watch.  They'd probably defend fairly well but also have a really hard time scoring.

However, every one of those players (even Green, if he can live up to his 'potential') is a future trade asset.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 10:59:05 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

I'm disgusted.

It is going to be an interesting couple of days.

I reckon the trigger is going to be pulled this time. I'm not sure I'm gonna like it either.  :-[

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 11:01:22 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
Acquiring Bledsoe, Jordan, and Josh Smith would not be about fielding a contender.

That would indeed be a fun team to watch.  They'd probably defend fairly well but also have a really hard time scoring.

However, every one of those players (even Green, if he can live up to his 'potential') is a future trade asset.

Yes that's what I think fans aren't realizing. These moves would be about gathering assets

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 11:04:22 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

Yes that's what I think fans aren't realizing. These moves would be about gathering assets

Exactly. That's what the 2007 5th overall pick (Green) and Delonte were. That's what Theo Ratliff's expiring deal, Al Jefferson, and Gerald Green were.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 11:06:13 PM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
There seem to be a few too many 'rumblings' this time to just be false rumors...if it does happen and we don't come away with at least Smith for Pierce and Jordan/Bledsoe for KG, then I will be pretty upset. I realize that there is a pretty huge split here with the loyalists compared to the progressives, but I think everybody will be disappointed if we don't come away with several very good young players who will make the rebuilding process much easier to swallow...

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 11:09:02 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

Exactly. That's what the 2007 5th overall pick (Green) and Delonte were. That's what Theo Ratliff's expiring deal, Al Jefferson, and Gerald Green were.

Yup, jordan will be an expiring in 2 years, add bradley and sully who will still be on rookie contracts(i believe) plus picks.  Thats a lot of assets

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2013, 11:13:16 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
There seem to be a few too many 'rumblings' this time to just be false rumors...if it does happen and we don't come away with at least Smith for Pierce and Jordan/Bledsoe for KG, then I will be pretty upset. I realize that there is a pretty huge split here with the loyalists compared to the progressives, but I think everybody will be disappointed if we don't come away with several very good young players who will make the rebuilding process much easier to swallow...

There is nothing wrong with the rebuild coinciding with LeBron's prime.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2013, 11:58:55 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
If we can move Pierce for Smith I'll give one of you $10. There has to be one of our young assets involved or I don't see the point for ATL.

Along these lines would be perfect though:
http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6242721

Clips get Jordan and Pierce's expiring deal. Not sure they can get a better offer than Jordan and a big expiring for Smith. So far I've heard Nets with a Hump/Brooks trade and that is it.

We start the rebuild with a bang though. Smith and Bledsoe are big assets and Harris is a decent backup point that is expiring. I'm almost sure this is the best offer we'll see for our vets.

The Clippers get a massive upgrade at center and lose Bledsoe doing it. That's cheap if you ask me.

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2013, 12:02:04 AM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
That tonight's gonna be a good night. . .

Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2013, 12:06:05 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

And who will be playing the part of Kevin Garnett next offseason? Or will that once in a generation talent be available in 2015? 2016? 2020? How long are you willing to wait?
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2013, 12:16:03 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

And who will be playing the part of Kevin Garnett next offseason? Or will that once in a generation talent be available in 2015? 2016? 2020? How long are you willing to wait?
Kevin Love would be my guess.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19