Poll

Are You A Josh Smith Fans

Yes, i'm a big fan of josh smith
13 (48.1%)
No, i'm not a big fan of josh smith
14 (51.9%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Marc Stein "Boston exploring Josh Smith options"  (Read 12277 times)

The Hypotheticals of J.S.
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2013, 09:40:09 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Say we trade Bass, Green, pick for him.
Then we win a championship with him.

Do Pierce and KG retire?
Do we resign Smith for the max?

Do they play together for the year in hopes of a repeat?
What would happen IF we won a championship with Josh, would we be obligated to give him the max since he obviously was good? Eh? Eh?
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

Re: The Hypotheticals of J.S.
« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2013, 09:44:35 AM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
If we win a title with smith I assume KG and Pierce walk as champions and I'd be so pumped about our title I'd have no problem giving smith the max

« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2013, 09:46:49 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Another Josh Smith thread? Why please, can I have some more?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2013, 09:48:47 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
If we win a title with smith I assume KG and Pierce walk as champions and I'd be so pumped about our title I'd have no problem giving smith the max

That's what I think too
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

Any Josh Smith Fans Here? Why Most People Here Are So Obessed With J-Smith?
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2013, 10:20:18 AM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 23
YES or NO

(just a poll)

Re: Any Josh Smith Fans Here? Why Most People Here Are So Obessed With J-Smith?
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2013, 10:21:19 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Josh WHO?
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2013, 10:23:12 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
There are so many threads about josh smith, do we really need another one?
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2013, 10:28:43 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
There already is a running thread about Josh Smith. At least one new thread about Josh Smith was merged into it today morning.

I understand you like the sound of your own voice, but can you please (and this is not limited to the JS discussion) stop spamming the forum with new threads about topics that are already being discussed.

Thank you!
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Re: Marc Stein "Boston exploring Josh Smith options"
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2013, 06:36:22 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Trade Pierce for Smith with the wink wink, behind closed doors idea that Atlanta won't be picking up his last year, he will be paid his $5 million and then can return for the MLE here next year.

It's a partially guaranteed final year, not a team option.  If Pierce is traded then waived, he can't return to the Celtics for a year after the trade.
I have seen it listed as a player option. If it is and decides not to take the option, then he is free to sign where ever he wants.

Hey, it worked with Atlanta with Payton in the Antoine re-acquisition trade, why not now?  ;)

(Btw, it was all the hubbub over that trade that first brought me to CelticsBlog)
Yup

« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2013, 06:43:25 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

If one more Josh Smith thread means one less anti-Rondo thread, at least in the short term, then I will take that temporary reprieve between now and Thursday.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2013, 06:55:14 PM »

Offline TheBig5

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
If we could sign Smith to a Rondo like deal then of course I would want him on the team, but the truth is someone will offer him a max contract this summer.

« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2013, 06:56:56 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!

If one more Josh Smith thread means one less anti-Rondo thread, at least in the short term, then I will take that temporary reprieve between now and Thursday.

Yes! Tp

« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2013, 07:16:02 PM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
us being interested in smith makes plenty of sense. us being able to get smith makes almost no sense. we'd have to either trade pierce (why would atlanta do that?) or some combo of green (who might finally be coming around and is cheaper), bass, lee, fab. i'm not against a package with green for smith, but i think its not a great idea b/c we shouldn't offer smith a max contract, but you can bet some stupid team will, so there's a decent chance he's a rental. i think we have a better chance of getting him here as a FA, but we don't really have much cap space, so again, i just don't see a realistic way for smith to be in green, even though it is a good match (he likes our guys, our fans, and is really close with our best player).

« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2013, 08:00:12 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
People are carried away with this max contract talk! It's a rumor on a web page people. He is not going to get a max contract from anyone, players that make multiple all-star appearances get max deals. His agent whom ever that is knows this, lets get real please. He will most likely get get 80-90% of what ever the max is, stop thinking that it is written in stone he is getting the max. ::)

« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2013, 08:21:33 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
People are carried away with this max contract talk! It's a rumor on a web page people. He is not going to get a max contract from anyone, players that make multiple all-star appearances get max deals. His agent whom ever that is knows this, lets get real please. He will most likely get get 80-90% of what ever the max is, stop thinking that it is written in stone he is getting the max. ::)
al jefferson and rudy gay say hi ;)