Author Topic: Howard Ready To Make Decision On Winning, Not Marketing Or Geography  (Read 4599 times)

Re: Howard Ready To Make Decision On Winning, Not Marketing Or Geography
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 02:57:27 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Howard has lost all credibility by now.

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 03:05:18 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
It's just so crappy players don't put loyalty and/or winning as a top priority

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 03:06:36 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
does anyone in the world of the NBA really care what this kid says anymore? just shut your mouth and play...

incidentally, i love how Pop pulled him (and never put him back in) after he finally made a 3 last night.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 03:07:26 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Let's see what he says a week from now.

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 03:13:53 PM »

Offline quidinqui33

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 71
Dwight truly is my least favorite player in the league and I am glad we were not in the running to land him as a free agent last year and glad that Rondo's acl tear saved us from getting him this year.

As KG says, the guys is a clown, and always has been. He may talk about winning, but he does not really know what it takes.

I watched his interview during the allstar game yesterday with David Aldrige and he presented himself as a total idiot.  He could not even act normal for a simple interview.  Even Reggie Miller, was defending him earlier in the broadcast finally conceded that dwight needs to do better after watching that.

It got me wanting to see what laker fans though of him and I found this post that sums it up.  He uses KG as a contrary comparison and pretty much nails the difference.  Also give credence to why we should never trade KG!  From a lakers fan no less.

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2013/2/15/3991152/the-dwight-theory

"The first time I saw Kevin Garnett in person was a few years before that, and I remember that for different reasons. The Lakers were ripping the Wolves limb from limb, up something like 26 points in the fourth quarter, and Garnett, dripping sweat, was playing harder than anyone on the court, scowling, rebounding, slapping the floor. He knew the game was lost. Didn't care. Didn't matter."

« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 03:19:13 PM by quidinqui33 »

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 03:21:30 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Dwight truly is my least favorite player in the league and I am glad we were not in the running to land him as a free agent last year and glad that Rondo's acl tear saved us from getting him this year.

As KG says, the guys is a clown, and always has been. He may talk about winning, but he does not really know what it takes.

I watched his interview during the allstar game yesterday with David Aldrige and he presented himself as a total idiot.  He could not even act normal for a simple interview.  Even Reggie Miller, was defending him earlier in the broadcast finally conceded that dwight needs to do better after watching that.

It got me wanting to see what laker fans though of him and I found this post that sums it up.  He uses KG as a contrary comparison and pretty much nails the difference.  Also give credence to why we should never trade KG!  From a lakers fan no less.

"The first time I saw Kevin Garnett in person was a few years before that, and I remember that for different reasons. The Lakers were ripping the Wolves limb from limb, up something like 26 points in the fourth quarter, and Garnett, dripping sweat, was playing harder than anyone on the court, scowling, rebounding, slapping the floor. He knew the game was lost. Didn't care. Didn't matter."

Mine too... Well second least favorite behind James.

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 03:24:30 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Dwight Howard is an airheaded, terribly low basketball IQ fraud  with little skill

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 03:32:19 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
pay me the most, and make sure I have teamates to carry me because I'm unwilling to improve my shot.

--signed D12

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 03:32:58 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Howard Ready To Make Decision On Winning, Not Marketing Or Geography
He was also "ready" to stay in Orlando and put the franchise on his back when he exercised his option, wasn't he?

In any case, he's on a team that is built to win now. How's that working for you, Dwight?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2013, 03:41:24 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Silver Screen and Roll is usually a pretty good read. The guys there deserve all sorts of props.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2013, 03:44:09 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

TP for posting that piece by the Lakers fan.  What a great read.  I recommend that everyone read the whole thing. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2013, 03:50:38 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175

Eh, kg hadn't been to the playoffs in 4 years before coming to Boston, was the highest paid player in the league and was accused of quitting by the owner of the timberwolves

I loveeeee kg but his abysmal days in Minnesota weren't entirely somebody else's fault..I think his days there are a bit overrated and he was very much concerned about getting his numbers and money....luckily that changed when he became a Celtic and I think he's been the best Celtic since bird.

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2013, 03:53:19 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.

Eh, kg hadn't been to the playoffs in 4 years before coming to Boston, was the highest paid player in the league and was accused of quitting by the owner of the timberwolves

I loveeeee kg but his abysmal days in Minnesota weren't entirely somebody else's fault..I think his days there are a bit overrated and he was very much concerned about getting his numbers and money....luckily that changed when he became a Celtic and I think he's been the best Celtic since bird.

KG's a lot of things, but he's definitely not a guy who is "concerned about getting his numbers and money."

The guy is and has been one of the most selfless players in the NBA.

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2013, 04:03:28 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

Silver Screen and Roll is usually a pretty good read. The guys there deserve all sorts of props.

agreed -- it's solid.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)