Author Topic: Welcome Terrence Williams!  (Read 6538 times)

Offline hpantazo

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 757
Re: Welcome Terrence Williams!
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2013, 01:25:36 PM »
I'd think this means Delonte is out of the running? Kmart as well? With Twill, we hit our headcase quota.

Offline crownontherocks

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 49
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2013, 01:30:41 PM »
Will he be available to play next game?

Offline TheGreenMonster

• Courtney Lee
  • Tommy Points: 21
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2013, 01:31:43 PM »
Welcome to the Celtics T-Will

Online kozlodoev

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 469
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2013, 01:32:56 PM »
I'd think this means Delonte is out of the running? Kmart as well? With Twill, we hit our headcase quota.
Do you really believe West was ever seriously in the running?
Managing Rilski Sportist to glory at http://www.buzzerbeater.com

Offline Kuberski33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 45
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2013, 01:47:01 PM »
It'll be interesting to see a guy who can slash on the court, given that we're basically a jump shooting team.

Offline hwangjini_1

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 381
  • 밥을 먹자!
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2013, 02:20:12 PM »
great signing for a 10 day contract. williams has 10 days to convince people that the "knucklehead" part of his past is dead and gone.

outstanding talent burdened with a crushing ego so far. let's hope he has learned his lesson and will give the celtics some strong play off the bench. if williams has turned his head around, then danny has made a great addition to the team.
“When you hurt people, they begin to love you less. That's what careless words do. They make people love you a little less.”
― Arundhati Roy

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1085
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2013, 02:21:31 PM »

When Barbosa went down, I think he was a serious consideration, before then... no.

Offline Rtpas11

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 75
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2013, 02:44:23 PM »
Great find! He's actually a really good playmaker when he chooses to be. My only dislike of him is he cost me my fantasy league playoffs last year...lol  :P I picked him up wehn he played for Sac & he shot horrible from the freethrow line (5-11 i think killing my percentage) Resulting me losing.  :'(great find nevertheless
"I'm tired of being the everything that gets nothing"

Offline pearljammer10

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 556
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2013, 02:52:34 PM »

When Barbosa went down, I think he was a serious consideration, before then... no.

I dont think the Celtics would have actually considered bringing West back for a third run.
DKC: GM Boston Celtics
PICK 2: Trail Blazers
PG: Lillard/ReggieJackson
SG: D. Green/Miller/Wroten
SF: Leonard/Prince
PF: Aldridge/Diaw
C:  Noah/Birdman/Perkins

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1085
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2013, 02:55:55 PM »

I dont think the Celtics would have actually considered bringing West back for a third run.

I'm pretty sure Ainge threw the name out there himself, so I don't see the problem with considering him.

Online kozlodoev

• Don Nelson
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2013, 03:02:31 PM »

I'm pretty sure Ainge threw the name out there himself, so I don't see the problem with considering him.
No, he didn't. He was asked "What about Delonte West?" and said that he's "on the list" (the list at this point probably included every unsigned guard that can dribble a ball).

Offline The Rondo Show

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 84
  • Hook 'Em
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2013, 03:04:14 PM »
What a great signing!

Love it
DKC Suns

Offline csfansince60s

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 221
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2013, 03:31:24 PM »
ok signing.  was hoping for a big man or PG to be signed

I agree, but when Barbosa went down, Doc was explicit about getting anybody who can ball, regardless of position.

TWill has a good handle, had a triple double with the Nets once, and fits in well with our point guard by committee.

Rare to get someone 4 years out of school and still have good upside.

Very excited.

Good handle, decent passer, can score off the dribble. Check out this game vs Suns last year.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 03:38:47 PM by csfansince60s »

Offline JOMVP

• Brandon Bass
  • Tommy Points: 46
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2013, 03:42:36 PM »
I remember watching Terrence Williams for the Nets in a preseason game against the Celtics (I believe it was the Celtics) and remember thinking that this kid is gonna be one of the next great offensive players in the game. Too bad he couldnt get it together then, but hope he got it together in China and gets it for us now. In terms of pure talent, there was nobody better available.

Remember Doc said they don't need a pure PG, they just need someone to handle the ball, this signing falls in line with that.

Online kozlodoev

• Don Nelson
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2013, 03:46:17 PM »
Remember Doc said they don't need a pure PG, they just need someone to handle the ball, this signing falls in line with that.
I think there are two issues that are important here:

(1) I don't think there's anyone out there who's got the talent level to just be given the ball and trusted to be the full-time PG. Hence the need for a ball-handler (someone who can get us to the front court without turning it over) rather than a PG (someone who will direct the offense).

(2) We desperately need another player who can defend bigger guards (at some point we had to put Jeff Green on Kobe; he didn't embarrass himself, but I can't quite see this as a long-term solution).

So in a way, this is a two-in-one move to address both issues. Pretty nifty, if Williams can prove he fits the bill.

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsBlog Forums.

Welcome to CelticsBlog