Author Topic: Welcome Terrence Williams!  (Read 12442 times)

Re: Welcome Terrence Williams!
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2013, 11:48:31 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
For yall who are excited ..he played terrible for his China team. I watched his games n he sucked. Got cut by his China team(imagine that)...his shots are off, even Von wafer was killing him in games. The best player in China right now..I ll go with Steph Marbury..whatever you say, he was a champ last yr n look rejuvnated to some degree. Not a good pick up for the Celtics

He looked like the second best player on his team that was 28-4.  He might have been the best player but Yi Jillian was getting 10 more minutes a game than anyone else on the team.  In 27 minutes a game Williams was scoring 18points a game and had a 2 to 1 assist to turnover ratio. 

Doesn't seem so bad to me.

The article i read also said that he left because of some family illness.  ???

« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2013, 07:29:12 AM »

Offline rsmrostov

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 1
if the guy wanted to rejuvenate his career, he doesn't go to play in China, there are better leagues out there by far: Spain, VTBL, Germany, Italy.

« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2013, 07:30:26 AM »

Offline rsmrostov

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 1
Yi was great in the Olympics, I'd give him another chance just like Prigioni, Mills, de Colo, Shved, Kirilenko got chances.

I am sorry Kirilenko got chances??? The guy is the best all-around European player who went to play home to get healthy, there's not a team in the NBA that wouldn't want him.

« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2013, 07:37:17 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Yi was great in the Olympics, I'd give him another chance just like Prigioni, Mills, de Colo, Shved, Kirilenko got chances.

Yi has always been a FIBA superstar and an NBA scrub. His game is just more suited to European rules and those types of opponents.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2013, 07:40:44 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I really like this pickup - as far as low cost signings go, this is a pretty great one.

Fairly young guy who's a bit of a risk, but incredibly high upside if he gets his head on straight.  Very physically gifted player with the size and athleticism to defend and play three positions - like a rich mans Marquis Daniels, and that is exactly the type of guy I think we need.

Plus I think we could use another energy guy who can throw down so highlight-reel dunks and get the crowd and teammates energizsed, because I can't help but feel we get a little too 'nice' and 'passive' sometimes sitting around taking jumpshots.

If he gets his head on right, he has the potential to give us plenty of minutes across the PG, SG and SF postions...possibly even spend some time as a (very) undersized PF if we go small, as I've heard he's played stints at PF in the past with some success. 

« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2013, 08:06:18 AM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170

Yi has always been a FIBA superstar and an NBA scrub. His game is just more suited to European rules and those types of opponents.

Nah, he wasn't a star before entering the NBA. He isn't a FIBA star now either, but he could give the Celtics 10 minutes a game if he's willing to work hard on D. He can shoot and his length could be useful for the C's. Plus, he's the biggest star in Chinese basketball and giving him a second chance would be big for business, too.

Provided the Celtics find a big who can protect the rim and backup KG at the center position, Yi could be a fine contributor as a stretching 4 with size.

« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2013, 08:41:10 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Nah, he wasn't a star before entering the NBA. He isn't a FIBA star now either, but he could give the Celtics 10 minutes a game if he's willing to work hard on D. He can shoot and his length could be useful for the C's. Plus, he's the biggest star in Chinese basketball and giving him a second chance would be big for business, too.

Provided the Celtics find a big who can protect the rim and backup KG at the center position, Yi could be a fine contributor as a stretching 4 with size.
Yi is just chinese for "Yeesh".

pass on him

« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2013, 09:35:34 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
if the guy wanted to rejuvenate his career, he doesn't go to play in China, there are better leagues out there by far: Spain, VTBL, Germany, Italy.

Yo, China is where the money is at. Players want money. Players go to China.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2013, 09:59:52 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
This is probably TWill's last legit shot at the NBA. He has to know this since he was cut by Detroit in the preseason and ended up in China. Hopefully, this will motivate him. Plus, with Doc as his coach, he will have every chance to succeed.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2013, 10:57:07 AM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
This is probably TWill's last legit shot at the NBA. He has to know this since he was cut by Detroit in the preseason and ended up in China. Hopefully, this will motivate him. Plus, with Doc as his coach, he will have every chance to succeed.

Mk
I'm not even sure if doc plays him.lol but goodluck to him i hope he do good.

« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2013, 11:32:06 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Mk
I'm not even sure if doc plays him.lol but goodluck to him i hope he do good.

Without Williams, the Celtics have nine healthy players and only three guards.  With a back-to-back in Denver and LA, I'd be shocked if he didn't see 5-10 minutes a game.

« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2013, 12:56:52 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Terrence Williams is with #celtics but "highly unlikely" to play tonight according to Danny Ainge. Still waiting for letter of clearance

Gwashburn

« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2013, 12:57:50 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Terrence Williams is with #celtics but "highly unlikely" to play tonight according to Danny Ainge. Still waiting for letter of clearance

Gwashburn

Not expecting a blowout tonight anyways
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2013, 01:51:39 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2237
2. Doc worked out TWill this summer.

2. On TWill's twitter on Jan 29th:

Terrence Williams ‏@TheRealTWill
"People Will Be Shock To See What Uniform I Will Be Wearing Lol, God Is Def Working....."

http://twitter.com/TheRealTWill

Put 2 and 2 together, and it sounds like TWill knew he was leaving his playoff bound Chinese team 3 weeks ago and specifically for our Cs.

That can't sit well with the Chinese and may be why it's taking so long for their release or "paperwork" as Danny calls it.

« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2013, 01:53:47 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
2. Doc worked out TWill this summer.

2. On TWill's twitter on Jan 29th:

Terrence Williams ‏@TheRealTWill
"People Will Be Shock To See What Uniform I Will Be Wearing Lol, God Is Def Working....."

http://twitter.com/TheRealTWill

Put 2 and 2 together, and it sounds like TWill knew he was leaving his playoff bound Chinese team 3 weeks ago.
That can't sit well with them and may be why it's taking so long for their release or "paperwork" as Danny calls it.

Interesting. Maybe Doc and Danny are hoping something becomes available to move Lee or another few pieces. Cause if the tweet was that long ago, than they didn't know about Barbosa's injury then. So interesting to say the least.