Author Topic: Welcome Terrence Williams!  (Read 12437 times)

Re: Welcome Terrence Williams!
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2013, 01:25:36 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
I'd think this means Delonte is out of the running? Kmart as well? With Twill, we hit our headcase quota.

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2013, 01:30:41 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Will he be available to play next game?

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2013, 01:31:43 PM »

Offline TheGreenMonster

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 40
Welcome to the Celtics T-Will

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2013, 01:32:56 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I'd think this means Delonte is out of the running? Kmart as well? With Twill, we hit our headcase quota.
Do you really believe West was ever seriously in the running?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2013, 01:47:01 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 532
It'll be interesting to see a guy who can slash on the court, given that we're basically a jump shooting team.

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2013, 02:20:12 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
great signing for a 10 day contract. williams has 10 days to convince people that the "knucklehead" part of his past is dead and gone.

outstanding talent burdened with a crushing ego so far. let's hope he has learned his lesson and will give the celtics some strong play off the bench. if williams has turned his head around, then danny has made a great addition to the team.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2013, 02:21:31 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

When Barbosa went down, I think he was a serious consideration, before then... no.

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2013, 02:44:23 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Great find! He's actually a really good playmaker when he chooses to be. My only dislike of him is he cost me my fantasy league playoffs last year...lol  :P I picked him up wehn he played for Sac & he shot horrible from the freethrow line (5-11 i think killing my percentage) Resulting me losing.  :'(great find nevertheless

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2013, 02:52:34 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

When Barbosa went down, I think he was a serious consideration, before then... no.

I dont think the Celtics would have actually considered bringing West back for a third run.

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2013, 02:55:55 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

I dont think the Celtics would have actually considered bringing West back for a third run.

I'm pretty sure Ainge threw the name out there himself, so I don't see the problem with considering him.

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2013, 03:02:31 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

I'm pretty sure Ainge threw the name out there himself, so I don't see the problem with considering him.
No, he didn't. He was asked "What about Delonte West?" and said that he's "on the list" (the list at this point probably included every unsigned guard that can dribble a ball).
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2013, 03:04:14 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
What a great signing!

Love it
DKC Suns

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2013, 03:31:24 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2237
ok signing.  was hoping for a big man or PG to be signed

I agree, but when Barbosa went down, Doc was explicit about getting anybody who can ball, regardless of position.

TWill has a good handle, had a triple double with the Nets once, and fits in well with our point guard by committee.

Rare to get someone 4 years out of school and still have good upside.

Very excited.

Good handle, decent passer, can score off the dribble. Check out this game vs Suns last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T_cH4Az0L4
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 03:38:47 PM by csfansince60s »

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2013, 03:42:36 PM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
I remember watching Terrence Williams for the Nets in a preseason game against the Celtics (I believe it was the Celtics) and remember thinking that this kid is gonna be one of the next great offensive players in the game. Too bad he couldnt get it together then, but hope he got it together in China and gets it for us now. In terms of pure talent, there was nobody better available.

Remember Doc said they don't need a pure PG, they just need someone to handle the ball, this signing falls in line with that.

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2013, 03:46:17 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Remember Doc said they don't need a pure PG, they just need someone to handle the ball, this signing falls in line with that.
I think there are two issues that are important here:

(1) I don't think there's anyone out there who's got the talent level to just be given the ball and trusted to be the full-time PG. Hence the need for a ball-handler (someone who can get us to the front court without turning it over) rather than a PG (someone who will direct the offense).

(2) We desperately need another player who can defend bigger guards (at some point we had to put Jeff Green on Kobe; he didn't embarrass himself, but I can't quite see this as a long-term solution).

So in a way, this is a two-in-one move to address both issues. Pretty nifty, if Williams can prove he fits the bill.