Author Topic: Should we sign Donte Greene?  (Read 1341 times)

Should we sign Donte Greene?
« on: February 19, 2013, 06:48:54 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
He's reportedly recovered from his fractured ankle and is available. He's 6'11, still young, and did a decent job last year for the Kings. I think he'd be in consideration for one of the open roster spots for the vet min if no one better gets bought out.

Re: Should we sign Donte Greene?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 06:54:36 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
He's reportedly recovered from his fractured ankle and is available. He's 6'11, still young, and did a decent job last year for the Kings. I think he'd be in consideration for one of the open roster spots for the vet min if no one better gets bought out.
He makes Bass look like Rodman. And he hasn't played at all this season. No thanks.

edit: That is, if you're signing him to play PF. Because he certainly isn't seeing PT as a SF.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 06:55:45 PM »

fitzhickey

I want him, have been a big fan for a while, plus he is a huge wing player

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 06:58:01 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
He makes Bass look like Rodman. And he hasn't played at all this season. No thanks.

edit: That is, if you're signing him to play PF. Because he certainly isn't seeing PT as a SF.

he's a PF who can spread the floor with his shot. Doc loves those type of players.

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 07:15:15 PM »

Offline frosty33

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
apparently he's well wanted in the league
Marc J. Spears: Donte Greene has also received inquiries from IND,NO, SA, CHI, NY, BK, ORL, HOU & CLE,source said. BK was expected to sign him before injury Twitter @SpearsNBAYahoo

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 07:16:02 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

he's a PF who can spread the floor with his shot. Doc loves those type of players.

And we already have Bass.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 07:48:07 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

And we already have Bass.

Unfortunately he starts, and we have no backup for him.

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013, 09:01:41 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
If Donte Greene would play well enough to deserve to take minutes away from Wilcox and Collins, then I can't think of a good reason to avoid him.

If Greene is that sought after, he should be asking for a player option for next season as a hedge against any physical setbacks, while teams should be asking for a team option in case he shows he is a guy worth more than the minimum next season. 

I would like for the Celtics to use a ten-day contract to audition any possible additions, but if he is in that much demand, it seems unlikely he would consent to that.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013, 09:09:48 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...

No he's a very tall SF who likes to take 3's although he's not necessarily a good shooter.

Look at his career numbers the dude is trash.

I'll pass.

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2013, 09:46:50 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2501
Wrong thread