Author Topic: 2013 Pick 2 Draft: How's my team look?  (Read 200746 times)

Re: 2013 Pick 2 Draft: How's my team look?
« Reply #705 on: February 23, 2013, 04:14:03 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Lol...this entire time I;ve been reading 'Vucevic' as 'Pekovic'.

I think going young makes the most sense for you hombre. I know you want the vet leadership, but I don't know if you're playoff material right now.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #706 on: February 23, 2013, 04:16:13 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
So how's the new look Wolves? Have the very next pick in the draft to add some depth

Strange mismatch of a young core that isn't good enough to contend and a few old vets who probably don't want to be part of a rebuilding process. 

In a vacuum you got decent value for Batum and Bass, but in reality neither of the pieces you got are good fits for your team.  With Teague, Mayo and Vucevic, you should go young.  Batum fits that.  Prince and West don't.

Well I had two issues. First, the average age of my team was about 22 and I had zero veterans to help stabilize the team. Secondly, I was over 25mill below the cap floor and really needed to add some salary and I didn't wanna just draft some high paid scrubs to do so.

So I think I did a good job of adding solid vets to develop my younger guys and increase my payroll in a meaningful way.

But it cost you Batum, who was arguably the best young piece on your roster.

You could argue that but Vucevic is 21, Mayo is 24, Teague is 24, T-Rob is 21, and Kemba is 21. I'm big fans of all them

Your team reminds me of this years Magic except better

« Reply #707 on: February 23, 2013, 04:17:46 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Will Pop put my team up to a middle-seed? (4-5)

Pop is a great coach, but a magician he is not.

« Reply #708 on: February 23, 2013, 04:18:14 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

I think going young makes the most sense for you hombre. I know you want the vet leadership, but I don't know if you're playoff material right now.

I'm certainly not a "contender" but I think this team has plenty of talent to make the playoffs
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #709 on: February 23, 2013, 04:21:39 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
So how's the new look Wolves? Have the very next pick in the draft to add some depth

Strange mismatch of a young core that isn't good enough to contend and a few old vets who probably don't want to be part of a rebuilding process. 

In a vacuum you got decent value for Batum and Bass, but in reality neither of the pieces you got are good fits for your team.  With Teague, Mayo and Vucevic, you should go young.  Batum fits that.  Prince and West don't.

Well I had two issues. First, the average age of my team was about 22 and I had zero veterans to help stabilize the team. Secondly, I was over 25mill below the cap floor and really needed to add some salary and I didn't wanna just draft some high paid scrubs to do so.

So I think I did a good job of adding solid vets to develop my younger guys and increase my payroll in a meaningful way.

You could argue that but Vucevic is 21, Mayo is 24, Teague is 24, T-Rob is 21, and Kemba is 21. I'm big fans of all them

Lol this team has wayyy more talent then Orlando
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #710 on: February 23, 2013, 04:24:32 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen

I'm certainly not a "contender" but I think this team has plenty of talent to make the playoffs

It depends on how good your conference is as i'd picture your team around .500

« Reply #711 on: February 23, 2013, 04:25:40 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen

Lol this team has wayyy more talent then Orlando

I meant that its a bunch of young players and a couple of vets

« Reply #712 on: February 23, 2013, 04:28:32 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

My biggest problem is that you don't have a high impact player. You've got good players, but I'm not really sure you've got the mix or the top-talent you'd need going forward. Maybe as a late-seed playoff team ala Nuggets.

« Reply #713 on: February 23, 2013, 04:32:34 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo

My biggest problem is that you don't have a high impact player. You've got good players, but I'm not really sure you've got the mix or the top-talent you'd need going forward. Maybe as a late-seed playoff team ala Nuggets.

I think the Nuggets is a very fair comparison. I know a lot of people don't believe in Mayo on this board but I'm a big fan. I don't think he will become a superstar but I have no problem with him as my go-to scorer
*CB Miami Heat*

« Reply #714 on: February 23, 2013, 04:38:13 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
In general I don't think there is a defensive front court in this league that can matchup up against the size and skill combination that horford and love have.
Kevin Love + Al Horford = best big man duo in the league?

I think they probably are.

Duncan and Garnett in Boston look to be their main rival to my eyes. Maybe Kirilenko and D.Howard too. I am still a little shaken by Dwight's downturn in performance level this year though. I love AK-47 as a four. 

Honourable mention -- David West and LaMarcus Aldridge in Portland + Tyson Chandler and Paul Millsap in New York. A.Bynum and R.Anderson might be able to crash this group if A.Bynum can prove his health.

Chris Bosh and Emeka Okafor think they're in the discussion too

« Reply #715 on: February 23, 2013, 04:39:18 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
In general I don't think there is a defensive front court in this league that can matchup up against the size and skill combination that horford and love have.
Kevin Love + Al Horford = best big man duo in the league?

I think they probably are.

Duncan and Garnett in Boston look to be their main rival to my eyes. Maybe Kirilenko and D.Howard too. I am still a little shaken by Dwight's downturn in performance level this year though. I love AK-47 as a four. 

Honourable mention -- David West and LaMarcus Aldridge in Portland + Tyson Chandler and Paul Millsap in New York. A.Bynum and R.Anderson might be able to crash this group if A.Bynum can prove his health.

Chris Bosh and Emeka Okafor think they're in the discussion too

Nah...I don't think Meka + anyone holds a candle vs Horford and Love (assuming Love is healthy).

« Reply #716 on: February 23, 2013, 04:39:50 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
It doesnt matter cause i have the best REBOUNDING team in the league  ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #717 on: February 23, 2013, 04:51:36 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
It doesnt matter cause i have the best REBOUNDING team in the league  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Just wondering what measure you are using.

« Reply #718 on: February 23, 2013, 04:53:33 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Above the rim is on BET, my dudez

« Reply #719 on: February 23, 2013, 04:54:34 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Lots of homers in this here thread, rofl.