Author Topic: 2013 Pick 2 Draft: How's my team look?  (Read 200733 times)

Re: 2013 Pick 2 Draft: How's my team look?
« Reply #690 on: February 23, 2013, 12:16:10 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
PG: Ricky Rubio, Raymond Felton
SG: Alonzo Gee, DeMar DeRozan
SF: Paul Pierce
PF: Dirk Nowitzki
C: Deandre Jordan

Obviously I need to add some bigs on the bench, but I have a few guys that I think will be available when I pick. So far, I like my team. Think we're being underrated by all the other teams on here with big flashy names. Think my squad can hang around with any team in the league. We're pretty similar to the Mavs team that won he championship a few years ago.

Why are you starting Alonzo Gee over DeRozan?

I like the idea of having Derozan as my sixth man. Think he will really give me a spark off the bench.

I am not sure what to think of A.Gee as a starting two guard.

I think A.Gee is really good as a backup SF. I don't like him as a starting SF. I think his defense and rebounding gets exploited there and he is less effective as a scorer than against second string guys.

I am not sure I buy him as a starting SG. If he is skilled enough offensively or makes enough impact defensively to be worthwhile putting there ... over playing A.Gee at a position (backup SF) where he is quite effective. 

I wonder if you are over-thinking it a bit by putting DeRozan on the bench.

If your team is not best off playing your 5 best guys in the same unit as much as possible rather than trying to turn one of them into a sixth man. If you really need to have an impact scorer off the bench. Or if your team's balance offensively to open the game is really any better with only two scorers there. I am not sure I see the upside to it.

I think that would be a very dominant five man unit with DeRozan in there. One of the best in the league. I think the more time they get together as a unit, the better off your team will be. I would keep them together as much as possible.

« Reply #691 on: February 23, 2013, 12:21:27 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Also think Gee would fit in better with the 1st unit. Him and Rubio will be the best defensive backcourt in the league and he will give us more spacing with his perimeter shooting.
Maybe I am under-rating A.Gee defensively.

I haven't see him play (defensively) against many SGs. Only really SFs.

« Reply #692 on: February 23, 2013, 12:30:01 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Dwight Howard starting to look like the beast we all know he is. After decimating the Celtics he went 19/16 with a couple huge blocks at the end of the game last night.

« Reply #693 on: February 23, 2013, 12:34:05 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Also think Gee would fit in better with the 1st unit. Him and Rubio will be the best defensive backcourt in the league and he will give us more spacing with his perimeter shooting.

I've watched a few Cavs game. He can defend 1-3. His defensive skills are impressive enough for me to insert him in the starting line up. Byron Scott even puts him up against the opposing team point guards on some occasions and he does very well.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #694 on: February 23, 2013, 12:38:01 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

I've watched a few Cavs game. He can defend 1-3. His defensive skills are impressive enough for me to insert him in the starting line up. Byron Scott even puts him up against the opposing team point guards on some occasions and he does very well.
I was just reading some articles on that. I will have to watch A.Gee some more. I mustn't have a good read on him yet.

« Reply #695 on: February 23, 2013, 03:22:37 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Team after all star break:

J.J Hickson averaging 23.5 PPG and 13.5 RPG shooting over .700FG%
Al Farouq Aminu averaging 5.5 PPG 10 RPG 2 Stls 2 Blks
Brandon Jennings averaging 32.5 PPG 9 APG 4 RPG
Jamal Crawford averaging 15 PPG 6 APG
Shawn Marion averaging 13.5 PPG 5.5 RPG 3 APG 2.5 Blks
Kevin Martin averaging 17 PPG .500 FG%
Nikola Pekovic averaging 16 PPG 9 RPG
Reggie Evans 2 PPG 9 RPG 21 MPG

My team is no way near being a contender just saw this as something fun to do, you guys can put your players stats after all star break

« Reply #696 on: February 23, 2013, 03:29:18 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
So how's the new look Wolves? Have the very next pick in the draft to add some depth
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #697 on: February 23, 2013, 03:30:23 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
So how's the new look Wolves? Have the very next pick in the draft to add some depth

What's your plan rebuild or compete?

« Reply #698 on: February 23, 2013, 03:39:43 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649

Strange mismatch of a young core that isn't good enough to contend and a few old vets who probably don't want to be part of a rebuilding process. 

In a vacuum you got decent value for Batum and Bass, but in reality neither of the pieces you got are good fits for your team.  With Teague, Mayo and Vucevic, you should go young.  Batum fits that.  Prince and West don't.

« Reply #699 on: February 23, 2013, 03:41:24 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Will Pop put my team up to a middle-seed? (4-5)
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #700 on: February 23, 2013, 03:45:04 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Chicago will you your teams down. Wings are covered, the interior is covered, rebounding won't be a problem.

And this team has a Mo-Ped so you won't be able to catch up on us either.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #701 on: February 23, 2013, 03:48:24 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo

Strange mismatch of a young core that isn't good enough to contend and a few old vets who probably don't want to be part of a rebuilding process. 

In a vacuum you got decent value for Batum and Bass, but in reality neither of the pieces you got are good fits for your team.  With Teague, Mayo and Vucevic, you should go young.  Batum fits that.  Prince and West don't.

Well I had two issues. First, the average age of my team was about 22 and I had zero veterans to help stabilize the team. Secondly, I was over 25mill below the cap floor and really needed to add some salary and I didn't wanna just draft some high paid scrubs to do so.

So I think I did a good job of adding solid vets to develop my younger guys and increase my payroll in a meaningful way.

*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #702 on: February 23, 2013, 03:49:48 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649

Well I had two issues. First, the average age of my team was about 22 and I had zero veterans to help stabilize the team. Secondly, I was over 25mill below the cap floor and really needed to add some salary and I didn't wanna just draft some high paid scrubs to do so.

So I think I did a good job of adding solid vets to develop my younger guys and increase my payroll in a meaningful way.

But it cost you Batum, who was arguably the best young piece on your roster.

« Reply #703 on: February 23, 2013, 03:52:18 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
Will Pop put my team up to a middle-seed? (4-5)

If you get good amount of depth

« Reply #704 on: February 23, 2013, 04:02:38 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo

But it cost you Batum, who was arguably the best young piece on your roster.

You could argue that but Vucevic is 21, Mayo is 24, Teague is 24, T-Rob is 21, and Kemba is 21. I'm big fans of all them
*CB Miami Heat*