Author Topic: 2013 Pick 2 Draft: How's my team look?  (Read 201040 times)

Re: 2013 Pick 2 Draft: How's my team look?
« Reply #660 on: February 23, 2013, 10:35:36 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
1. Chris Paul
2. Iman Shumpert, Marcus Thornton
3. Corey Brewer, Kyle Korver
4. Blake Griffin
5. Larry Sanders

What do you think of my team?
What do you think I should target with future picks?
Of my four wing players who do you think should start?
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #661 on: February 23, 2013, 10:37:34 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
1. Chris Paul
4. Blake Griffin
5. Larry Sanders

Start Korver and spread the floor.  (the real Clippers issue)

« Reply #662 on: February 23, 2013, 10:37:40 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
1. Chris Paul
4. Blake Griffin
5. Larry Sanders

Not sold on the SF and C spots. I do like the back court group a lot.

Target a big

Your starters are fine. Korver and Thorton are nice snipers off the bench
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #663 on: February 23, 2013, 10:43:32 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
1. Chris Paul
4. Blake Griffin
5. Larry Sanders

Backup point guard and backup center would be my main priorities.

I think it is important to have a good backup PG for C.Paul. Someone who can create. Someone who can create shots for the likes of Korver, Shumpert and C.Brewer. And you want somebody who can play enough minutes to limit the wear and tear on CP3.

Backup center would be my next priority. Larry Sanders is a lightweight post defender. He gets pushed around too easily. Someone who can counteract that would be ideal. Someone with legitimate bulk. A physical player.

« Reply #664 on: February 23, 2013, 10:44:19 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
So as long as I'm here, how do you guys see the respective conferences shaking out?  This is off the top of my head so I may be omitting somebody, but I see the conference final caliber-teams like this (in no particular order):

East:
KNICKS
Nets
Heat

West:
Thunder
Lakers
Clippers

Gun to my head, I say conference finalists are Knicks vs Nets in the East, and Thunder vs Clippers in the West.  Lakers and Heat are right there with them, though.

The hawks think your a hater

I'm just not sold on Love and Granger; Granger for the injury recovery, and Love for the injuries and because he's never been able to show he can contribute effectively to a winning team.  Calderon's defense at PG is also a weak spot.

If both Granger and Love can come back healthy you could have a very good squad next year, but I don't see it right now.

Im glad someone else pointed this out. I kept seeing it in his sig but never commented.

Strong on paper but not so much on the court

I can understand why you might say that if you are unfamiliar with granger, love, horford, and lopez
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #665 on: February 23, 2013, 10:51:40 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
1. Chris Paul
4. Blake Griffin
5. Larry Sanders

Either (1) Shumpert and Korver, or, (2) Thornton and C.Brewer.

I think either combination works well. A shooter and a defender. I am not sure which one works better. But I would avoid two non-shooters or two non-defenders. One shooter and one defender.

Maybe Shumpert and Korver. They call their own number less often. Give more room for CP3 and B.Griffin to do their own thing. Give your bench a quality scorer in M.Thornton. Yeah, that seems right to me.

« Reply #666 on: February 23, 2013, 10:52:56 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
So as long as I'm here, how do you guys see the respective conferences shaking out?  This is off the top of my head so I may be omitting somebody, but I see the conference final caliber-teams like this (in no particular order):

East:
KNICKS
Nets
Heat

West:
Thunder
Lakers
Clippers

Gun to my head, I say conference finalists are Knicks vs Nets in the East, and Thunder vs Clippers in the West.  Lakers and Heat are right there with them, though.

I'm just not sold on Love and Granger; Granger for the injury recovery, and Love for the injuries and because he's never been able to show he can contribute effectively to a winning team.  Calderon's defense at PG is also a weak spot.

If both Granger and Love can come back healthy you could have a very good squad next year, but I don't see it right now.

Im glad someone else pointed this out. I kept seeing it in his sig but never commented.

I can understand why you might say that if you are unfamiliar with granger, love, horford, and lopez
Maybe in the future you are a title contender, but I can't see how you compete this year without a healthy Kevin Love.

« Reply #667 on: February 23, 2013, 10:54:45 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
1. Chris Paul
4. Blake Griffin
5. Larry Sanders

Either (1) Shumpert and Korver, or, (2) Thornton and C.Brewer.

I think either combination works well. A shooter and a defender. I am not sure which one works better. But I would avoid two non-shooters or two non-defenders. One shooter and one defender.

Maybe Shumpert and Korver. They call their own number less often. Give more room for CP3 and B.Griffin to do their own thing. Give your bench a quality scorer in M.Thornton. Yeah, that seems right to me.
Brewer can play some two as well, so I could also start Brewer and Korver. I think I will go with Shumpert and Korver though.

Any suggestions for future picks? Or trades I should look into?

« Reply #668 on: February 23, 2013, 10:56:59 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

East:
KNICKS
Nets
Heat

West:
Thunder
Lakers
Clippers

Maybe in the future you are a title contender, but I can't see how you compete this year without a healthy Kevin Love.

Of course, though when love comes back, I'm not sure anybody could beat my team if I could manage to snag the 8 seed
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #669 on: February 23, 2013, 10:59:44 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley

East:
KNICKS
Nets
Heat

West:
Thunder
Lakers
Clippers

Of course, though when love comes back, I'm not sure anybody could beat my team if I could manage to snag the 8 seed
Is he coming back this year?

« Reply #670 on: February 23, 2013, 11:00:27 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

East:
KNICKS
Nets
Heat

West:
Thunder
Lakers
Clippers

Really need to snag a shooter
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #671 on: February 23, 2013, 11:01:05 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

East:
KNICKS
Nets
Heat

West:
Thunder
Lakers
Clippers

Is he coming back this year?

Ya he is already practicing again, just a broken hand

« Reply #672 on: February 23, 2013, 11:01:54 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

East:
KNICKS
Nets
Heat

West:
Thunder
Lakers
Clippers

You think so?   Horford, love, and Calderon are all very good shooters for their positions. 

For what it's worth, in loves last two seasons he shot 41% and 37% from three on at least 3 attempts per game

« Reply #673 on: February 23, 2013, 11:06:34 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

East:
KNICKS
Nets
Heat

West:
Thunder
Lakers
Clippers

You think so?   Horford, love, and Calderon are all very good shooters for their positions. 

For what it's worth, in loves last two seasons he shot 41% and 37% from three on at least 3 attempts per game

Yeah, I think you have loads of jump-shooting.

I would be more concerned with getting a different type of PG behind Calderon. Preferably a dribble drive type player. Someone who will be more aggressive as an attacker rather than a facilitator. Someone who will get into the middle and kick it out to those great jump-shooting big men and Danny Granger. More dribble penetration.

I need the same thing on my team behind Jarrett Jack.

« Reply #674 on: February 23, 2013, 11:07:06 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

East:
KNICKS
Nets
Heat

West:
Thunder
Lakers
Clippers

Yea actually never mind, I have no idea what I'm talking about lol. Looking at the numbers I had no idea Granger and Calderon were good shooters.

In that case, I think Who is right. An athletic point guard who can drive and kick would be perfect on that team.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 11:13:47 AM by BleedGreen1989 »
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.