Author Topic: 2013 Pick 2 Draft: How's my team look?  (Read 200817 times)

Re: 2013 Pick 2 Draft: How's my team look?
« Reply #615 on: February 22, 2013, 05:50:23 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
I would prefer an upgrade at my PF spot but the most recent #5 pick isn't too shabby.

(Yes I just critiqued my own team)
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #616 on: February 22, 2013, 05:52:33 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Honestly, don't see any team beating the Lake show out West. Maybe a team in the East that could give the Lakers a run, but the Lakers are the West's best.

« Reply #617 on: February 22, 2013, 05:55:27 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
I would prefer an upgrade at my PF spot but the most recent #5 pick isn't too shabby.

A lot of nice complementary pieces with no real building block.  OJ Mayo looks like your go-to offensive guy, but I don't think he's good enough to make you a contender at any point.

« Reply #618 on: February 22, 2013, 05:56:08 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Honestly, don't see any team beating the Lake show out West. Maybe a team in the East that could give the Lakers a run, but the Lakers are the West's best.

Everything rides on Deron's ankles and Dwight's shoulder/back. Given 100% health, your team is tough, although I concede nothing.

DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #619 on: February 22, 2013, 05:58:47 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

A lot of nice complementary pieces with no real building block.  OJ Mayo looks like your go-to offensive guy, but I don't think he's good enough to make you a contender at any point.

Yea my intention was to do a rebuild. In the real NBA I believe a lot of my young talent could be packaged and land a star. Plus loads of cap space but can't hurt although it doesn't really help in the Pick2 draft. Will likely choose to build a contender next time
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #620 on: February 22, 2013, 06:04:38 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649

Tons of pressure on Dwight to be the anchor on both sides of the ball.  Deron hasn't been the same since Sloan left Utah, and your 2-4 are average starters at best.

If Deron ever returns to superstar form, look out.  If he doesn't, you're probably a dark horse kinda team.

« Reply #621 on: February 22, 2013, 06:09:21 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

I think youre probably overrating your team.

« Reply #622 on: February 22, 2013, 06:12:00 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
So as long as I'm here, how do you guys see the respective conferences shaking out?  This is off the top of my head so I may be omitting somebody, but I see the conference final caliber-teams like this (in no particular order):

East:
KNICKS
Nets
Heat

West:
Thunder
Lakers
Clippers

Gun to my head, I say conference finalists are Knicks vs Nets in the East, and Thunder vs Clippers in the West.  Lakers and Heat are right there with them, though.

The hawks think your a hater

I'm just not sold on Love and Granger; Granger for the injury recovery, and Love for the injuries and because he's never been able to show he can contribute effectively to a winning team.  Calderon's defense at PG is also a weak spot.

If both Granger and Love can come back healthy you could have a very good squad next year, but I don't see it right now.

« Reply #623 on: February 22, 2013, 06:12:21 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

Dominant 2k team, not sure I buy them in the actual league.

« Reply #624 on: February 22, 2013, 06:12:48 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Russell Westbrook
Kevin Martin
Shawn Marion
Reggie Evans
J.J Hickson

Bench
Jamal Crawford
Al Farouq Aminu
Javale McGee

A really messed up team but the best rebounding team in the league ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

I like your backcourt, hate your front court

Well im glad you actually like something of my team as i hate it overall:)

« Reply #625 on: February 22, 2013, 06:13:52 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
My question about the Lakers is, without Kobe/Phil around, who keeps Metta World War in check?

Seriously, he could very easily implode the whole team.  It's possible he and Dwight have a fight to the death in practice.

I'll reserve my ultimate judgment until I see who Nick picks as coach for the Lakers.

« Reply #626 on: February 22, 2013, 06:15:22 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
My question about the Lakers is, without Kobe/Phil around, who keeps Metta World War in check?

Seriously, he could very easily implode the whole team.  It's possible he and Dwight have a fight to the death in practice.

I'll reserve my ultimate judgment until I see who Nick picks as coach for the Lakers.

Nah i think him and Dwight will team up to beat up the rest of the team

« Reply #627 on: February 22, 2013, 06:26:18 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey

Sorry. Was distracted didn't mean to just say this to be a jerk.

It's a good team. But I'm not blown away by it.

Like I said before, personally, I thought Deron was borderline undraftable. Not sure what his issue is, and I'm sure if you were to ask him he'd give you plenty, but he's looked average.

Dwight's a great player, but I think he's a year away from showing what we had against the Celtics on a consistent basis. Just soooo banged up, he can't deliver w/ that level of physicality.

And then the rest of the team is nice. Reddick's a nice player. Kirilenko's a nice player. Artest is an average small forward. Just don't see this as a team that's head and shoulders above everybody. I've got OKC ahead of you, and I'm certain they'd beat you in a series (if rosters were frozen today)

« Reply #628 on: February 22, 2013, 06:32:24 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
Also, Dallas is right up there with the Lakers too. No doubt about that.

« Reply #629 on: February 22, 2013, 06:36:28 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Also, Dallas is right up there with the Lakers too. No doubt about that.

Need to see what Dallas does with its picks. Only two bigs on that roster, and one averages 25 minutes a night.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague