Author Topic: 2013 Pick 2 Draft: How's my team look?  (Read 200770 times)

Re: 2013 Pick 2 Draft: How's my team look?
« Reply #600 on: February 22, 2013, 05:31:52 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Tony Parker
Danny Green
Joe Johnson / Carlos Delfino
Tristan Thompson / Earl Clark
Pau Gasol / Bismack Biyombo

Thoughts?  Is this a contender?

I think you need  another impact guy, preferably a vet big.

Why won't anyone do mine? >_<

Parker/Johnson/Gasol are all impact guys.  Not sure why I need another one.  Not every player can be a star.

As for yours, I've talked with you at length about what I think of your team.  My opinion remains the same.

« Reply #601 on: February 22, 2013, 05:32:27 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Why won't anyone do mine? >_<

Very strange collection of players.  Not really sure what to think.

Not bad enough to be a rebuilding team, not nearly good enough to be a contender. Need a difference maker on the perimeter.

Possible 1st round playoff fodder is the ceiling I'd guess.

« Reply #602 on: February 22, 2013, 05:33:35 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
I got these guys

This is hands down my favorite duo to come out of this draft.

The problem is, I just don't see one single difference maker at any of your other positions.

This 'difference maker' is going to be what drives me insane because I just don't think it's necessary. There's a specific skillset required to play around two elite post players, and you don't need a difference maker on the wing to get the most out of that player offensively. Think about Rudy Gay on the Grizzlies. Or think about how great of a team, despite not winning a championship, the Sacramento Kings were without a Rudy Gay type.

I've two elite 7 foot post players who are skilled passers, and are premier mid range scorers. You find the mistmatch in the front court and you pound away at it. If it doesn't work you kick out and swing the ball to the other side hoping to find either a 3 point shot along the way or to put it in the post on the other side.

« Reply #603 on: February 22, 2013, 05:35:28 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
I got these guys

The problem is, I just don't see one single difference maker at any of your other positions.

This 'difference maker' is going to be what drives me insane because I just don't think it's necessary. There's a specific skillset required to play around two elite post players, and you don't need a difference maker on the wing to get the most out of that player offensively. Think about Rudy Gay on the Grizzlies. Or think about how great of a team, despite not winning a championship, the Sacramento Kings were without a Rudy Gay type.

I've two elite 7 foot post players who are skilled passers, and are premier mid range scorers. You find the mistmatch in the front court and you pound away at it. If it doesn't work you kick out and swing the ball to the other side hoping to find either a 3 point shot along the way or to put it in the post on the other side.

I just see many chemistry issues. Duncan and Garnett want nothing to do with each other, and probably will refuse to play together. Sorry for you, but it just can not work ;D A team breakup in the first season is imminent. Rivals don't simply join up.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #604 on: February 22, 2013, 05:39:03 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
I got these guys

I just see many chemistry issues. Duncan and Garnett want nothing to do with each other, and probably will refuse to play together. Sorry for you, but it just can not work ;D A team breakup in the first season is imminent. Rivals don't simply join up.

That's just naive.  You don't think Duncan would have been thrilled if the Spurs picked up KG at the deadline?  Come on.

« Reply #605 on: February 22, 2013, 05:40:03 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
So as long as I'm here, how do you guys see the respective conferences shaking out?  This is off the top of my head so I may be omitting somebody, but I see the conference final caliber-teams like this (in no particular order):

East:
KNICKS
Nets
Heat

West:
Thunder
Lakers
Clippers

Gun to my head, I say conference finalists are Knicks vs Nets in the East, and Thunder vs Clippers in the West.  Lakers and Heat are right there with them, though.

The hawks think your a hater
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #606 on: February 22, 2013, 05:40:55 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
I got these guys

That's just naive.  You don't think Duncan would have been thrilled if the Spurs picked up KG at the deadline?  Come on.

I do know they strongly dislike one another, despite having respect. I can't picture them being good friends. Apart from their stats and careers, they're polar opposites!
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #607 on: February 22, 2013, 05:41:27 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
So as long as I'm here, how do you guys see the respective conferences shaking out?  This is off the top of my head so I may be omitting somebody, but I see the conference final caliber-teams like this (in no particular order):

East:
KNICKS
Nets
Heat

West:
Thunder
Lakers
Clippers

Gun to my head, I say conference finalists are Knicks vs Nets in the East, and Thunder vs Clippers in the West.  Lakers and Heat are right there with them, though.

The lack of Wizards also disappoints me.

« Reply #608 on: February 22, 2013, 05:42:54 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Russell Westbrook
Kevin Martin
Shawn Marion
Reggie Evans
J.J Hickson

Bench
Jamal Crawford
Al Farouq Aminu
Javale McGee

A really messed up team but the best rebounding team in the league ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

« Reply #609 on: February 22, 2013, 05:43:55 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

East:
KNICKS
Nets
Heat

West:
Thunder
Lakers
Clippers

The lack of Wizards also disappoints me.

Sources: Memphis targeting Championship this season
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #610 on: February 22, 2013, 05:44:22 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Russell Westbrook
Kevin Martin
Shawn Marion
Reggie Evans
J.J Hickson

Bench
Jamal Crawford
Al Farouq Aminu
Javale McGee

A really messed up team but the best rebounding team in the league ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

I like your backcourt, hate your front court
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #611 on: February 22, 2013, 05:44:50 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
I got these guys

I do know they strongly dislike one another, despite having respect. I can't picture them being good friends. Apart from their stats and careers, they're polar opposites!

They dislike each other because they challenge each other on the court and have played against each other a ton.  If they could suit up on the same team, they'd get over it.  Trust me.

« Reply #612 on: February 22, 2013, 05:45:38 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I like how we match up vs. the Thunder. Haven't looked at the LA teams yet.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #613 on: February 22, 2013, 05:46:49 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
I got these guys

They dislike each other because they challenge each other on the court and have played against each other a ton.  If they could suit up on the same team, they'd get over it.  Trust me.

Who knows? Nobody, ever. Oh well ;D
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #614 on: February 22, 2013, 05:47:29 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Blazers after 5th round:

PG: Damian Lillard
SG: Thabo Sefolosha
SF: Tayshaun Prince
PF: David West
C:  LaMarcus Aldridge

PG/SG: Ramon Sessions
SG/SF: Kyle Singler
PF/C:  Nick Collison
C: Jonas Valanciunas

4 picks remaining, plenty of payroll space.

I really like your team in general. I think you could use a more talented wing player and I would prefer to play lamarcus at the PF spot. However that being said, West is a very tough banger who would work well with the finesse game of lamarcus
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.