Author Topic: 2013 Pick 2 Draft: How's my team look?  (Read 200867 times)

Re: 2013 Pick 2 Draft: How's my team look?
« Reply #420 on: February 20, 2013, 04:35:27 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Tell me how you like me

Pick 2 Draft - Boston Celtics (71.6) Remaining (35.2)
C: Duncan (9.6)  PF: Garnett (11.5) SF: J Dudley (4.2)
SG: JR Smith (2.8 ), PG: Jeremy Lin (8.3)

Picks: 4.20, 4.26, 6-11 .20

There is something about Jeremy Lin and JR Smith together that worries me.

I am not totally sure what it is but there is something there.
  • Maybe it's that both guys are kind of high usage role players. Will eat too many possessions.
  • Or that neither one of them is particularly good at executing a set offense. That they will fail to get the best out of Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett.
It doesn't feel right to me. I don't think the two of them should start with Duncan and Garnett. It doesn't feel like an effective combination to me.

I think one of them should move to the bench. JR Smith could move there very comfortably with a more low usage defensive SG taking his place in the starting lineup.

Thanks for the feedback, Who. It's a strong possibility that one of them will end up on the bench. When I picked them both, I had other guys I liked just the same but I thought I needed a little more shot-creation. Now that I've got two guys who are capable of doing that I think I can start to look at different types of players.

« Reply #421 on: February 20, 2013, 04:35:51 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Portland lineup:

PG: Damian Lillard
SG: Thabo Sefolosha
SF: Tayshaun Prince
PF: David West
C:  LaMarcus Aldridge

Bench: Jason Terry, Jonas Valanciunas

We were very pleased with our third round selections today. With the exception of Danny Green, we got everyone we'd targeted.

The scoring load will be assumed by Lillard, West, and LMA. Sef and Tay will provide very good wing defense, with adequate floor spacing as well. Tay can also help with running the offense, as he is a skilled passer who will keep the ball moving.

Terry will be our 6th man, backing up both guard positions, and providing shooting and scoring off the bench.

Jonas will back up LMA at C. With West and LMA, we like the mix and match options for frontcourt setups. I think we could also run an effective small-ball lineup at times with Tayshaun at PF (against opposing stretch 4s, for example).

Our next pick isn't until the 6th round, unfortunately. But, with nearly $25 million of payroll remaining, we think we can round the roster out with good role players.

So talented and well-balanced, but I'm bothered by the dependence of two rooks (Lillard and Val) on what should be a contending team.  I'd look to move Val to one of the youth movement teams and add a strong defensive C to fit in behind West and LMA.

Lillard may be a rookie, but he sure doesn't play like one! Val might have t' go, but he's cheap!

Oh yea, I want some feedback too!

Greivis Vásquez
Klay Thompson
Jeff Green
Zach Randolph
Omer Asik

($33,626,954 remaining)

4.15, 5.15, 7.15, 8.11, 8.15, 9.15, 9.19, 11.15

What type of guys do I want?

I'm thinking a stretch PF and shot-creators for my bench. If I could get a decent jump-shooting big man with my picks, it'd be great but... I'll have to get a good pick ;D I think my starting lineup is pretty good and can score 70ppg.

Jump shooters!

You made some uneven trades that put you in a tough spot, but that's part of the learning process in these types of things.

I think you absolutely need to focus on defense for your bench though. That's just what I'd do.

The past is the past, what must I do in the future?
Yea, my defense is pretty underwhelming especially in the backcourt and wings. Thanks for DA feedback

The trades got me some cap space so that's something I can work with
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #422 on: February 20, 2013, 04:38:52 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

So talented and well-balanced, but I'm bothered by the dependence of two rooks (Lillard and Val) on what should be a contending team.  I'd look to move Val to one of the youth movement teams and add a strong defensive C to fit in behind West and LMA.

TP. This occurred to me when I drafted Jonas; I figured I could easily flip him if I felt unsure about the fit and could improve my team. Will still keep it in mind.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #423 on: February 20, 2013, 04:40:31 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Portland lineup:

PG: Damian Lillard
SG: Thabo Sefolosha
SF: Tayshaun Prince
PF: David West
C:  LaMarcus Aldridge

Bench: Jason Terry, Jonas Valanciunas

We were very pleased with our third round selections today. With the exception of Danny Green, we got everyone we'd targeted.

The scoring load will be assumed by Lillard, West, and LMA. Sef and Tay will provide very good wing defense, with adequate floor spacing as well. Tay can also help with running the offense, as he is a skilled passer who will keep the ball moving.

Terry will be our 6th man, backing up both guard positions, and providing shooting and scoring off the bench.

Jonas will back up LMA at C. With West and LMA, we like the mix and match options for frontcourt setups. I think we could also run an effective small-ball lineup at times with Tayshaun at PF (against opposing stretch 4s, for example).

Our next pick isn't until the 6th round, unfortunately. But, with nearly $25 million of payroll remaining, we think we can round the roster out with good role players.

I really like the Tayshaun Prince + Thabo Sefolosha combination on the wing.

That will be one of the strongest, if not the strongest, defensive wing combination in the league. With a team that is lacking a dominant interior defender, I think this is key and a major boost to your team's defensive strength.

Excellent role players. You know you are doing a good job when you are getting role players who can give you that type of a boost.

« Reply #424 on: February 20, 2013, 04:51:06 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

I really like the Tayshaun Prince + Thabo Sefolosha combination on the wing.

That will be one of the strongest, if not the strongest, defensive wing combination in the league. With a team that is lacking a dominant interior defender, I think this is key and a major boost to your team's defensive strength.

Excellent role players. You know you are doing a good job when you are getting role players who can give you that type of a boost.

Thanks, Who. I've been a big fan of Tayshaun's for years, always try to find a way to get him on my teams. Might have preferred Danny Green to Thabo, but still happy with the overall results so far.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #425 on: February 20, 2013, 04:55:21 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
SUNS Pick 2:
PG: Goran Dragic(7.5)
SG: Dwyane Wade(17.1)
SF: Gerald Wallace(9.88)
PF:Carlos Boozer(15)
C: Marcin Gortat(7.25)
Cap used: 56.73 Total: 70.3

Thoughts ? I have 4.1 where should I go with it?  obviously I need to target players on cheap deals even though I want to spend

I would consider bringing in a shooter at SF and moving Gerald Wallace into a sixth man role.

Someone like that guy who started at forward alongside LeBron for Miami during the Finals last year.

« Reply #426 on: February 20, 2013, 04:56:50 PM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222
SUNS Pick 2:
PG: Goran Dragic(7.5)
SG: Dwyane Wade(17.1)
SF: Gerald Wallace(9.88)
PF:Carlos Boozer(15)
C: Marcin Gortat(7.25)
Cap used: 56.73 Total: 70.3

Thoughts ? I have 4.1 where should I go with it?  obviously I need to target players on cheap deals even though I want to spend

I would consider bringing in a shooter at SF and moving Gerald Wallace into a sixth man role.

Someone like that guy who started at forward alongside LeBron for Miami during the Finals last year.

That's funny because that's exactly what my plan was
Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony

« Reply #427 on: February 20, 2013, 05:24:07 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
What do you guys think about Rubio? Think he's a good point guard alongside Pierce and Dirk?
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #428 on: February 20, 2013, 05:30:05 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
What do you guys think about Rubio? Think he's a good point guard alongside Pierce and Dirk?

Love Rubio -- great fit alongside Pierce and Dirk

« Reply #429 on: February 20, 2013, 05:32:00 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Love Rubio

He's great at running an offense, but he's a terrible scorer.  It's almost like playing 4-on-5 on offense.

Rubio works great in an offense with other good scorers.  I think he'd be good on this Dallas team.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #430 on: February 20, 2013, 05:33:32 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649

He's decent.  Both Pierce and Dirk are good enough shotmakers that they can play off of Rubio effectively.  You're squandering their ability to create, but in Pierce's case especially that's probably not such a bad thing anymore.  He's having a lot of trouble getting his own offense these days. 

Ideally you'd have a PG with a good jumpshot to take advantage of kickouts, but you can make this work, I think.

« Reply #431 on: February 20, 2013, 06:44:43 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Detroit Newsies:

PG: Darren Collison
SG: Courtney Lee
SF: Chandler Parsons
PF: Greg Monroe
C: Andre Drummond

56.7 Mil in Cap space.

Could you just hand us the 2015-2019 titles now, please?

« Reply #432 on: February 20, 2013, 06:45:53 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Detroit Newsies:

PG: Darren Collison

Solid team. I suggest you find some more rebounding.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #433 on: February 20, 2013, 07:42:31 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Any other opinions on the Warriors right now?

Team will be looking for some defense at the swing position.

« Reply #434 on: February 20, 2013, 07:44:53 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Any other opinions on the Warriors right now?

Team will be looking for some defense at the swing position.

Extremely solid team i question the Bledsoe pick but besides that great team