Author Topic: 2013 Pick 2 Draft: How's my team look?  (Read 200246 times)

Re: 2013 Pick 2 Draft: How's my team look?
« Reply #345 on: February 19, 2013, 09:48:06 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Filled out my starting 5
PG: Ty Lawson
SG: Bradley Beal
SF: MKG
PF: Thad Young
C: DMC

Thoughts?? Lawson is my oldest player and they're all tied up for at least the next few years.

I think that you need to look for a grey beard to rein in the youths. And I think it should be your next pick, a guy with impeccable character and leadership credentials to rotate in for a good amount of minutes, preferably at two positions to give different looks. A combo guard, combo forward, or PF/c.

Otherwise I think there is a chance you stunt Beal and MKG's development. Bad lockerroom juju is as bad as bad coaching.
If only i could pick Scal... championship experience
I think this is a pretty solid team in terms of young talent but I do agree with IP you could use a couple of vets in that lockerroom.

« Reply #346 on: February 19, 2013, 09:51:42 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
End of day 2.

PG: Ricky Rubio
SG: Demar Derozan
SF: Paul Pierce
PF: Dirk Nowitzki
C: Deandre Jordan

Not planning on keeping Derozan

Only team right now that keeps catching my eye. Good job with that group
not a bad team.  I just don't see Jordan being the center that will get them over the top.  Also, Derozan and Rubio haven't improved enough to relieve the scoring burden from PP and Dirk. 

A pretty good roster that would make the playoffs and do respectably

« Reply #347 on: February 20, 2013, 08:55:47 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
End of day 2.

Contender. I really like this team.

Ditto - Title Contender

I would strongly inclined to keep DeRozan. Maybe get a wing defender / shooter off the bench instead of trying to plug in someone as a starter. Play with two scoring wings that the opponent's defense has to account for. DeRozan has come on nicely this year. It would take a hefty offer for me to let him go.

As for the bench, I think you would be wise to keep pursuing players with good quickness and athleticism. You have done a really nice job of that so far with D.Jordan, R.Rubio and D.DeRozan.

I think it's important to keep surrounding Pierce and Dirk with players who play with quickness, energy and good activity levels. Those two guys (Dirk, Pierce) are seriously slow-footed nowadays.

Need to find shooters in the backcourt off the bench too.

« Reply #348 on: February 20, 2013, 09:02:29 AM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
End of day 2.

Ditto - Title Contender

I would strongly inclined to keep DeRozan. Maybe get a wing defender / shooter off the bench instead of trying to plug in someone as a starter. Play with two scoring wings that the opponent's defense has to account for. DeRozan has come on nicely this year. It would take a hefty offer for me to let him go.

As for the bench, I think you would be wise to keep pursuing players with good quickness and athleticism. You have done a really nice job of that so far with D.Jordan, R.Rubio and D.DeRozan.

I think it's important to keep surrounding Pierce and Dirk with players who play with quickness, energy and good activity levels. Those two guys (Dirk, Pierce) are seriously slow-footed nowadays.

Yeah if possible I'd bring Derozen off the bench as a microwave guy.  As a 23% career 3-pt shooter I just can't see him and Rubio in a backcourt together for extended runs. 

Bu with the plethora of quality 2-guards out there I think you're sitting pretty to address that.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #349 on: February 20, 2013, 09:12:55 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
End of day 2.

Ditto - Title Contender

Yeah if possible I'd bring Derozen off the bench as a microwave guy.  As a 23% career 3-pt shooter I just can't see him and Rubio in a backcourt together for extended runs. 

Bu with the plethora of quality 2-guards out there I think you're sitting pretty to address that.

I wonder if they can't get away with DeRozan and Rubio together.

Pierce and Dirk are two top notch jump-shooters with unlimited range.

DeRozan lacks a three point shot but he is a good two point jump shooter. He has a really good jump in the midrange areas and a long two point jump shot all the way out to 20-22 feet. It's not like he is a non-shooter. He has good range and versatility on his two point jump-shot.

« Reply #350 on: February 20, 2013, 09:15:31 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
All right, here's the new-look Knicks

PG: Conley Jr
SG:  ??? ???
SF: Carmelo
PF: Millsap
C: Chandler

No picks today but 2 consecutive tomorrow afternoon - I'll need to fill in my SG hole and take a key bench guy.  But I'm loving this core.

« Reply #351 on: February 20, 2013, 09:16:32 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

No picks today but 2 consecutive tomorrow afternoon - I'll need to fill in my SG hole and take a key bench guy.  But I'm loving this core.

Very very nice
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #352 on: February 20, 2013, 09:18:04 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

And the good news for you is that there's tons of good 2's left. I wouldn't jump up unless you absolutely had to.

« Reply #353 on: February 20, 2013, 09:18:19 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Very very nice

As always, saying something nice about my team gets a TP.  :)

« Reply #354 on: February 20, 2013, 09:24:42 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Raptors
C: Bogut
PF: Ibaka
SF: Gay
SG:
PG: Lowry

Thoughts?

Really good team if Bogut can stay healthy.

Defensively, they should be top notch. Offensively, not so great but good enough to take advantage of their defense and win a good number of games. I am thinking something like a 50-53 win team at the moment.

A strong supporting cast could push that win total up another notch or two though.

« Reply #355 on: February 20, 2013, 09:29:45 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Russell Westbrook
Kevin Martin
SF
PF
J.J Hickson

PG
Jamal Crawford
SF
PF
Javale McGee

I wanted to build a deep team and with 3.3, 4.5, and 4.9 i think i can

Why start JJ Hickson over JaVale McGee?

I am struggling to think of anything that Hickson does better than McGee at the five spot.

On the other hand, I can think of several things McGee does better than Hickson. Namely (1) shot-blocking and overall rim protection (2) individual man-to-man and post defense against centers who often too big and long for Hickson to cover adequately (3) superior range of finishing around the basket with McGee's added size, length and athleticism (4) shot-creation out of the low post.

« Reply #356 on: February 20, 2013, 09:31:03 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

Title contender. Right there with Miami for the Best Team in the East.

« Reply #357 on: February 20, 2013, 09:32:58 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

Title contender. Right there with Miami for the Best Team in the East.

yea I'm not a big fan of Milsap but he fits really well on your team.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #358 on: February 20, 2013, 10:24:57 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Filled out my starting 5
PG: Ty Lawson
SG: Bradley Beal
SF: MKG
PF: Thad Young
C: DMC

Thoughts?? Lawson is my oldest player and they're all tied up for at least the next few years.

I really liked the acquisitions of MKG and Thad Young at the forward positions. I think both guys will fit in very well. Selfless players who play with a lot of intensity defensively.

« Reply #359 on: February 20, 2013, 11:16:20 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1642
Alright, here's what I have so far.

Tony Parker
Danny Green / Monta Ellis
--
Tristan Thompson
Pau Gasol

Getting nervous about that SF spot.  There just aren't many good ones left. 

Aside from that, I like this team so far.  Parker and Gasol are both elite at their respective positions and are good two-way players.  I can win with them. 

I like Thompson as a guy who can defend multiple positions and hustle next to Gasol, and he's really the only guy on my team with upside. 

I don't like Ellis as a starter on this team, but rather than trade him at depressed value I'm going to use him as a sixth man in the Ginobili mold.  He should be dangerous in that role.