Author Topic: 2013 Pick 2 Draft: How's my team look?  (Read 200235 times)

Re: 2013 Pick 2 Draft: How's my team look?
« Reply #300 on: February 19, 2013, 06:09:18 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

Yea, so that's what I was trying to say, since Boston plays at a slow pace compared to the OKC teams he was on. Plus, the "NO OFF REBS". That wouldn't be part of my plan at all.

I think I should cool off. I always start to dominate these threads and make them go off-topic.

Sorry
That wasn't what you were trying to say at all. You were trying to say he's better than "this list of players" at rebounding.

His TRB% both in OKC and in BOS clearly indicate that claim to be false. The TRB% already normalizes for all the factors you speak of.

It doesn't deal with team rebounding sure, but again in that area Jeff Green is pretty average. He gets slightly below average rebounds for a SF, but he does a good job preventing most other SFs from getting boards.

To be fair he did say,

Jeff is even getting 4.8 rebounds per36 right now, with the Celtics!

I don't consider anything he did as a PF very important since he will never play SF on this team.
And his stats in Boston are pretty flawed with a slower pace, no offensive boards etc.

In his years at OKC he had: 5.4, 5.8, 6.1, 6.5
That's pretty good.

So that kinda was what he was trying to say
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #301 on: February 19, 2013, 06:12:53 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
So that kinda was what he was trying to say
Originally yeah, I just saw the big old list of guys who all rebound more than Jeff Green as "worse" than Green.

I definitely don't agree with IP that his rebounding is "pretty bad". I wouldn't say "pretty good" either though.

Like most things Jeff Green, meh!

« Reply #302 on: February 19, 2013, 06:13:48 PM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222
Looking to'ake trades everyone is available besides wade
Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony

« Reply #303 on: February 19, 2013, 06:15:55 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
1- Chris Paul
2- ?
3- Kyle Korver
4- Blake Griffin
5- Larry Sanders

The actual guy who mans the 3 (and the 2) for the Clippers I think would've served you much better than Korver, but I'm absolutely excited about Larry Sanders growing next to Griffin. I think he might even hold them back a little this season, but I also think in a year or so he'll be the difference between fringe contender and outright contender.
You don't think Sanders is better than Jordan right now? Because all the numbers indicate that is the case
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #304 on: February 19, 2013, 06:18:32 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Looking to'ake trades everyone is available besides wade

You need to move Wallace or Boozer, badly.

Only having 20mil or so left to spend is not going to work if you want to have any sort of bench.

« Reply #305 on: February 19, 2013, 06:19:10 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

He can be a glue guy, and I'm fine with that! ;D
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #306 on: February 19, 2013, 06:21:36 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
1- Chris Paul
2- ?
3- Kyle Korver
4- Blake Griffin
5- Larry Sanders

The actual guy who mans the 3 (and the 2) for the Clippers I think would've served you much better than Korver, but I'm absolutely excited about Larry Sanders growing next to Griffin. I think he might even hold them back a little this season, but I also think in a year or so he'll be the difference between fringe contender and outright contender.
You don't think Sanders is better than Jordan right now? Because all the numbers indicate that is the case

I 100% think Sanders will be better.  He is not currently better though.

DeAndre has a very specific role he is asked to fill, and does it rather well.  I don't think Sander has nearly enough experience to be relied upon in that role.

« Reply #307 on: February 19, 2013, 06:33:50 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1642

Not to pile on, but I don't see how you consider your team a contender. 

You have one above average offensive player, (Randolph), one average offensive player (Green), and three below average offensive players (Vasquez, Thompson, Asik).  Thompson and Green have room for growth on this end, but Vasquez and Asik really don't.

You have one above average defensive player (Asik), one average defensive player (Green), and three below average defensive players (Vasquez, Thompson, Randolph).  Green can grow in this area, the others are too limited physically to get much better. 

You can argue the rebounding angle all you want (and for the record, I agree that you'll have a strong team on the glass).  But the most important parts of the game are getting points and getting stops, and you'll struggle with both.

« Reply #308 on: February 19, 2013, 06:39:11 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey

Green is fine as a starting SF.  He'll likely never be an all-star, but as a thrid-banana, I think he's suited well enough.

Overall, I like what you've done to save yourself from the Gasol fiasco, by plugging in Asik.  The back-court has got to go though.  Not ready for the big stage.

« Reply #309 on: February 19, 2013, 06:41:45 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

Not to pile on, but I don't see how you consider your team a contender. 

You have one above average offensive player, (Randolph), one average offensive player (Green), and three below average offensive players (Vasquez, Thompson, Asik).  Thompson and Green have room for growth on this end, but Vasquez and Asik really don't.

You have one above average defensive player (Asik), one average defensive player (Green), and three below average defensive players (Vasquez, Thompson, Randolph).  Green can grow in this area, the others are too limited physically to get much better. 

You can argue the rebounding angle all you want (and for the record, I agree that you'll have a strong team on the glass).  But the most important parts of the game are getting points and getting stops, and you'll struggle with both.

If Vasquez is below average in offense and defense, so is Rondo and we might as well give up everything here in Boston. Vasquez is a passer and is good at that; he averages 9.4 apg which is good enough to facilitate this team. He has above average court vision, and is a plus rebounder.

Klay Thompson is absolutely not a below average offensive player, he averages 16.4ppg in his second year. He shot lights out from 3P last year, and is a scorer and shooter. He's a Kevin Martin kind of guy. Not a good defender really.

Jeff Green is average in everything, according to you guys, but I also think he can score 20 ppg (he's done it in the past, he can do it again). Coming out recently, he's not a bad defensive player either. I'd say he's average at the worst.

ZBo clogs up the paint both on offense and defense and is a double-double threat every game. He's one of the guys who might be Rebound King this year, and he can score too, great post player. I'd say he's not an average defender, but his offense makes up for that.

And Asik is a top-2 defender for his position, he's definitely one of the premier defensive guys in this league. He can rebound nearly as well as Randolph, and though he's limited offensively, I expect Vasquez to improve him on that front (I mean, Jeremy Lin got him 10 ppg). He will only improve on offense (honestly, Nick) and his defense is HUGE.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #310 on: February 19, 2013, 06:44:04 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Got two more picks tomorrow to round out my starting 5 so we will know alot more about my squad then, but im happy with where im at right now

C:  Horford
PF: K. Love
SF: Granger
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #311 on: February 19, 2013, 06:48:05 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
1- Chris Paul
2- ?
3- Kyle Korver
4- Blake Griffin
5- Larry Sanders

DeAndre has a very specific role he is asked to fill, and does it rather well.  I don't think Sander has nearly enough experience to be relied upon in that role.
Statistically Sanders is a better defender, better shot blocker and more likely to score on a non dunk. What is Jordan better at?
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #312 on: February 19, 2013, 06:52:16 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
1- Chris Paul
2- ?
3- Kyle Korver
4- Blake Griffin
5- Larry Sanders

Statistically Sanders is a better defender, better shot blocker and more likely to score on a non dunk. What is Jordan better at?

Doing what Sanders is doing in Milwaukee isn't the same as doing for a title contender.

I'm not entirely sure he'd be ready for the bright lights immediately.  It's possible, but unknown.

« Reply #313 on: February 19, 2013, 06:56:08 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1642
If Vasquez is below average in offense and defense, so is Rondo and we might as well give up everything here in Boston. Vasquez is a passer and is good at that; he averages 9.4 apg which is good enough to facilitate this team. He has above average court vision, and is a plus rebounder.

You keep comparing him to Rondo, which is crap.  Rondo is a better passer, better rebounder, and better defender (even this year, when Rondo's defense lapsed noticeably, he's still tipping balls and creating turnovers; Vasquez doesn't do this).  Rondo is way better as a finisher.  Vasquez is a better shooter from deep, but that's the only thing he has over Rondo. 

Klay Thompson is absolutely not a below average offensive player, he averages 16.4ppg in his second year. He shot lights out from 3P last year, and is a scorer and shooter. He's a Kevin Martin kind of guy. Not a good defender really.

He has one above average skill, the three point shot.  Aside from that, he's shooting 41.6% on the year and doesn't get to the line.  That's not above average as far as I'm concerned. 

Jeff Green is average in everything, according to you guys, but I also think he can score 20 ppg (he's done it in the past, he can do it again). Coming out recently, he's not a bad defensive player either. I'd say he's average at the worst.

In his best scoring year, he averaged 16.5 points per game.  Are you just making numbers up now?  And like I said - as a defender, average. 

ZBo clogs up the paint both on offense and defense and is a double-double threat every game. He's one of the guys who might be Rebound King this year, and he can score too, great post player. I'd say he's not an average defender, but his offense makes up for that.

Like I said:  good on offense, not on defense.

And Asik is a top-2 defender for his position, he's definitely one of the premier defensive guys in this league. He can rebound nearly as well as Randolph, and though he's limited offensively, I expect Vasquez to improve him on that front (I mean, Jeremy Lin got him 10 ppg). He will only improve on offense (honestly, Nick) and his defense is HUGE.

I'm not quite as high on his defense.  He's good, but not great.  Noah, Howard, Garnett, and Duncan are all better.  Bogut, Varejao and Bynum are better when healthy.

I also don't see the growth potential on offense.

« Reply #314 on: February 19, 2013, 06:56:17 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
Got two more picks tomorrow to round out my starting 5 so we will know alot more about my squad then, but im happy with where im at right now

C:  Horford
PF: K. Love
SF: Granger

Yeah, I lke what you've got going on with your roster right now.

Drafting wisely tomorrow will be important, but it looks like you've got the picks to pull it off.