Author Topic: 2013 Pick 2 Draft: How's my team look?  (Read 200185 times)

Re: 2013 Pick 2 Draft: How's my team look?
« Reply #285 on: February 19, 2013, 05:42:17 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Actual rebound rates, via hollinger, copied below-

Rajon Rondo (8.8)
Tyreke Evans (8.8)
Ersan Ilvasova (13.2)
Kenneth Faried (18.3)
Anderson Varejao (23.1)

Greivis Vasquez (8.0)
Klay Thompson (6.1)
Jeff Green (7.9)
Zach Randolph (19.5)
Omer Asik (21.8)

Looks like a lot of guys who are happy to rebound the ball.

How do I not have a zillion TP's after this world-class zing?

Well, here's one TP anyway.

I'll tell you though I do hate when you type an ")" after an "8" you get this 8) instead of this 8 )

« Reply #286 on: February 19, 2013, 05:42:38 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Jeff is even getting 4.8 rebounds per36 right now, with the Celtics!

4.8 rebounds per 36 minutes: Career worst for Jeff Green

He had 6.1 per 36 minutes in his rookie season, as a SF.
I don't consider anything he did as a PF very important since he will never play SF on this team.
And his stats in Boston are pretty flawed with a slower pace, no offensive boards etc.

In his years at OKC he had: 5.4, 5.8, 6.1, 6.5
That's pretty good.

No, that's pretty bad.

To name a few, he's better than:

Nicolas Batum
Danny Granger
Paul Pierce (for the past 7 years)
Danilo Gallinari (6'10")
Tayshaun Prince (whole career)
Caron Butler
Jared Dudley (past 4 years)
Grant Hill (past 9 years)
Andre Igoudala
False, you're using raw rebounding totals when rebounding rate is the best apples to apples comparison tool. Jeff Green at SF has a respectable 8ish TRB% at SF. Which is worse than many of the players you mention, even though some of them play a lot of SG/PF so its a strange comparison.

I only checked Pierce/Iggy/Batum all had higher rebound rates than 8.

The question is, did you only use the rates of him playing SF in OKC? Pretty unlikely. Players get totally different stats on different teams at different positions.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #287 on: February 19, 2013, 05:44:16 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

I don't consider anything he did as a PF very important since he will never play SF on this team.
And his stats in Boston are pretty flawed with a slower pace, no offensive boards etc.

That's pretty good.

No, that's pretty bad.

Nicolas Batum
Danny Granger
Danilo Gallinari (6'10")
Caron Butler
Andre Igoudala
False, you're using raw rebounding totals when rebounding rate is the best apples to apples comparison tool. Jeff Green at SF has a respectable 8ish TRB% at SF. Which is worse than many of the players you mention, even though some of them play a lot of SG/PF so its a strange comparison.

The question is, did you only use the rates of him playing SF in OKC? Pretty unlikely. Players get totally different stats on different teams at different positions.
I only used the rates for him in BOS, where he has primarily played the SF position.

Even if you take his best rebounding season by TRB% (when he played a lot of PF) he's still worse than plenty of the guys on your list.

Jeff Green is an average rebounding SF. He's certainly not better than the majority of the guys you listed.

« Reply #288 on: February 19, 2013, 05:47:35 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

That's pretty good.

No, that's pretty bad.

Nicolas Batum
Danny Granger
Danilo Gallinari (6'10")
Caron Butler
Andre Igoudala

I only used the rates for him in BOS, where he has primarily played the SF position.

Even if you take his best rebounding season by TRB% (when he played a lot of PF) he's still worse than plenty of the guys on your list.

Jeff Green is an average rebounding SF. He's certainly not better than the majority of the guys you listed.

Well, then. I guess I'm pretty stumped by why he has better RP36M numbers. Could someone explain to me?  ???
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #289 on: February 19, 2013, 05:49:44 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513

Well, then. I guess I'm pretty stumped by why he has better RP36M numbers. Could someone explain to me?  ???

I question where you get your stats
Jeff Green is at 6.5 REB PER 48 MIN
That would put him at 34th place for small forwards according to ESPN

« Reply #290 on: February 19, 2013, 05:50:38 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

If you read ANY of my previous posts, I was alluding to his time as a SF in OKC, per thirty-six minutes from BRef, which would be most similar to his position on my team ;D
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #291 on: February 19, 2013, 05:51:07 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

That's pretty good.

No, that's pretty bad.

Nicolas Batum
Danny Granger
Danilo Gallinari (6'10")
Caron Butler
Andre Igoudala

Pace and number of turnovers teams have/force. You can only get a rebound off a shot or a missed FTA that's the last FTA in a sequence.

« Reply #292 on: February 19, 2013, 05:53:04 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513

If you read ANY of my previous posts, I was alluding to his time as a SF in OKC, per thirty-six minutes from BRef, which would be most similar to his position on my team ;D

LOL at this he is 34th for the Celtics who are a terrible rebounding team yet you think he will put up the numbers he put up in OKC with Randolph and Asik get out

« Reply #293 on: February 19, 2013, 05:53:28 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1642
PG:  Tony Parker
SG:  Monta Ellis
SF: 
PF:  Tristan Thompson
C:  Pau Gasol

Ideally I want Ellis as a sixth man on this team, but I'm not sure I'll be able to find starter-caliber wings this late that would allow me that luxury.  If I can't, I'll probably try to trade him because I don't like him starting alongside Parker and Gasol. 

Thompson hasn't developed his range yet, but he's becoming a versatile defender, an excellent rebounder and can put up points without having plays drawn up for him.  He also has upside, whereas everybody else on the team has already peaked. 

My primary concern for this team is spacing.  Ideally, both of my wings will be able to hit the three and defend.  I don't need them to be great scorers, just good enough shooters that they can punish defenders for helping off of them. 

Thoughts?

« Reply #294 on: February 19, 2013, 05:54:13 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

That's pretty good.

No, that's pretty bad.

Nicolas Batum
Danny Granger
Danilo Gallinari (6'10")
Caron Butler
Andre Igoudala

Pace and number of turnovers teams have/force. You can only get a rebound off a shot or a missed FTA that's the last FTA in a sequence.

Yea, so that's what I was trying to say, since Boston plays at a slow pace compared to the OKC teams he was on. Plus, the "NO OFF REBS". That wouldn't be part of my plan at all.

I think I should cool off. I always start to dominate these threads and make them go off-topic.

Sorry
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #295 on: February 19, 2013, 05:59:45 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

Yea, so that's what I was trying to say, since Boston plays at a slow pace compared to the OKC teams he was on. Plus, the "NO OFF REBS". That wouldn't be part of my plan at all.

I think I should cool off. I always start to dominate these threads and make them go off-topic.

Sorry
That wasn't what you were trying to say at all. You were trying to say he's better than "this list of players" at rebounding.

His TRB% both in OKC and in BOS clearly indicate that claim to be false. The TRB% already normalizes for all the factors you speak of.

It doesn't deal with team rebounding sure, but again in that area Jeff Green is pretty average. He gets slightly below average rebounds for a SF, but he does a good job preventing most other SFs from getting boards.

« Reply #296 on: February 19, 2013, 06:01:30 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
<Never mind everything>
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #297 on: February 19, 2013, 06:07:02 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
My teams the best, you guys.

« Reply #298 on: February 19, 2013, 06:07:57 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

« Reply #299 on: February 19, 2013, 06:09:00 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
My teams the best, you guys.
Its pretty impressive, I'm interested to who you fill out your PF/C rotation with.