Author Topic: 2013 Pick 2 Draft: How's my team look?  (Read 200803 times)

Re: 2013 Pick 2 Draft: How's my team look?
« Reply #150 on: February 19, 2013, 12:39:48 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Chicago Bulls: After 2

PG - Andre Iguodala (yeah he's the Point)
SG - "Iso" Joe Johnson
SF - Luol Deng
PF - TBD
C  - Joakim Noah

Ton of money owed to that four alone. Took a chance on a really expensive go-to guy, but a go-to guy none the less. But as of right now it's a team that is willing to move the ball.

Did I mention, defensively this team is tough?

You know my thoughts.

Your Noah-Deng-AI2 core is fantastic.  It's a defensive nightmare, and should be amazing in transition.  This is the core of a very, very tough team.

I don't understand the Johnson pick.  He's lost a couple of steps, and isn't the athlete he used to be.  He's more of a half-court player now, he's a terrible defender at this stage, and he's wildly overpaid.

He just doesn't fit.  Your team needed another good big and a point guard, not Joe Johnson and his deadweight contract.  I'll be curious to see what you come up with.

Do you think there are any PGs or PFs out there that give Chicago the offensive boost they needed?

I don't think there was.

I think Joe Johnson was the right pick. I really like the mix Chicago has got there.

« Reply #151 on: February 19, 2013, 12:40:25 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

SG - "Iso" Joe Johnson
SF - Luol Deng
PF - TBD
C  - Joakim Noah

Ton of money owed to that four alone. Took a chance on a really expensive go-to guy, but a go-to guy none the less. But as of right now it's a team that is willing to move the ball.

You know my thoughts.

Your Noah-Deng-AI2 core is fantastic.  It's a defensive nightmare, and should be amazing in transition.  This is the core of a very, very tough team.

I don't understand the Johnson pick.  He's lost a couple of steps, and isn't the athlete he used to be.  He's more of a half-court player now, he's a terrible defender at this stage, and he's wildly overpaid.

He just doesn't fit.  Your team needed another good big and a point guard, not Joe Johnson and his deadweight contract.  I'll be curious to see what you come up with.

Do you think there are any PGs or PFs out there that give Chicago the offensive boost they needed?

I don't think there was.

I think Joe Johnson was the right pick. I really like the mix Chicago has got there.

I would have taken Nene.

I can probably come up with several dozen ways that I'd rather allocate $18 million on a hard cap than give it to Joe Johnson.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #152 on: February 19, 2013, 12:42:12 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

SG - "Iso" Joe Johnson
SF - Luol Deng
PF - TBD
C  - Joakim Noah

You know my thoughts.

I don't think there was.

18 million is huge. That could be 20 players :3
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #153 on: February 19, 2013, 12:43:06 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

SG - "Iso" Joe Johnson
SF - Luol Deng
PF - TBD
C  - Joakim Noah

You know my thoughts.

Reasoning behind the Johnson pick is simple. He's the best player around. AI, Deng and Noah cant score by themselves, I needed one and as bad as he's playing right now, he will still drop 17 on a bad day.

No Deron Williams in this lineup, meaning he gets the ball most on the offense, meaning he gets to the line more, which will bump up his scoring.

I disagree that he's a terrible defender. Ask Kobe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GPj3p3bzdM
That clip maybe from last year I get it, and I might agree that he lost a step, but he's certainly not terrible. He's not that good anymore I get it, but terrible is selling it WAY short.

This team will lockdown any team. And now with a scorer, problem solved.

And don't tell me AI2 can't play PG, all he needs to do is cross half court. With the willingness to pass all four of these guys have in their game, ball movement is not a problem.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #154 on: February 19, 2013, 12:44:10 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

SG - "Iso" Joe Johnson
SF - Luol Deng
PF - TBD
C  - Joakim Noah

You know my thoughts.

I don't think there was.

I would have taken Nene.

I can probably come up with several dozen ways that I'd rather allocate $18 million on a hard cap than give it to Joe Johnson.

One of MY BOYS is going to make that PF list. I got it all covered.   ;D

« Reply #155 on: February 19, 2013, 12:45:10 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

SG - "Iso" Joe Johnson
SF - Luol Deng
PF - TBD
C  - Joakim Noah

You know my thoughts.

I don't think there was.

I would have taken Nene.

I don't like Nene at power forward alongside Noah and two wings like Iggy and Deng.

Not enough spacing for Nene to consistently take advantage of his post game and size advantage over opposing power forwards.

I would've have loved for Golden State to find some way to put Nene alongside Marc Gasol. I think those two would have been incredible together.

« Reply #156 on: February 19, 2013, 12:45:11 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

SG - "Iso" Joe Johnson
SF - Luol Deng
PF - TBD
C  - Joakim Noah

You know my thoughts.

I don't think there was.

I would have taken Nene.

I like Nene better as a pick, but I think Joe Johnson is being wildly undersold.

Its not like cap space has much future value in this exercise anyways. All Pick 2 players are locked to their current teams.

« Reply #157 on: February 19, 2013, 12:46:41 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

SG - "Iso" Joe Johnson
SF - Luol Deng
PF - TBD
C  - Joakim Noah

Ton of money owed to that four alone. Took a chance on a really expensive go-to guy, but a go-to guy none the less.

But as of right now it's a contender IMO. There's a guy who can take the scoring load. Everybody is a willing passer. Rebounds are not a problem, my PG is a solid rebounder for his position. It might be owed a ton, but I like how it turned up.

Thibs is salivating over this group. The defense will be excellent. Not sure I like the Joe Johnson as a number 1 offensive option but I am assuming he is not going to be there long term.

« Reply #158 on: February 19, 2013, 02:00:04 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Greivis Vasquez (10/10/5)
Klay Thompson (18ppg)
Jeff Green (20/5/5)
Zach Randolph (12/12)
Omer Asik (11/12)

That's definitely a 40+ win team at the least, no more lottery-land!
Suggestions? I really like Green at the 3 with this team.

I think the floor spacing is rather decent, the rebounding should be fantastic. I just need a strong bench, and I think this can be a contender. I also like this Randolph+Asik pairing more than Randolph+Gasol.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #159 on: February 19, 2013, 02:15:34 PM »

Offline airbelinelli

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 71
  • Derrick Rose is year-to-year
Team is now
Lawson
Beal
JJ Hickson
Notorious DMC

All young have a ton of cap flexibility  what are your thoughts?
CB Draft: Golden State Warriors - 14.23
PG: Bledsoe/Lin/ Harris
SG: Beal/ Henderson/ Ingram
SF: Winslow/McDermott/
PF: Turner/ Acy / Hernangomez
C: Adams/ Turner/ McRoberts
DKC Nets: http://tinyurl.com/h5mdvwj

« Reply #160 on: February 19, 2013, 02:17:28 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Team is now
Lawson
Beal
JJ Hickson
Notorious DMC

All young have a ton of cap flexibility  what are your thoughts?

JJ Hickson and DeMarcus Cousins played badly together in Sacramento.

« Reply #161 on: February 19, 2013, 02:18:55 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
Awaiting confirmation on a trade between Milwaukee and Portland.

Milwaukee will henceforth be known as Team 3s 'n' Boards

« Reply #162 on: February 19, 2013, 02:24:57 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Klay Thompson (18ppg)
Jeff Green (20/5/5)
Zach Randolph (12/12)
Omer Asik (11/12)

I think the floor spacing is rather decent, the rebounding should be fantastic. I just need a strong bench, and I think this can be a contender. I also like this Randolph+Asik pairing more than Randolph+Gasol.

I'm worried about Asik taking Z-Bo's space down low.

Other than that, it's a pretty solid team.

« Reply #163 on: February 19, 2013, 02:26:31 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Klay Thompson (18ppg)
Jeff Green (20/5/5)
Zach Randolph (12/12)
Omer Asik (11/12)

Thanks. Could you define "solid"? I'm still looking to contend some how.

ZBo clogs space up blocking out PFs and Asik is a very, very good defensive center.

I think I need a stretch PF still though.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #164 on: February 19, 2013, 02:30:39 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Klay Thompson (18ppg)
Jeff Green (20/5/5)
Zach Randolph (12/12)
Omer Asik (11/12)

Thanks. Could you define "solid"? I'm still looking to contend some how.

ZBo clogs space up blocking out PFs and Asik is a very, very good defensive center.

I think I need a stretch PF still though.

Yeah, not necessarily a stretch PF but a big man with a jump-shot.

Somebody you can turn to when you need to free up Z-Bo more in the paint.

With at least a 15-18 footer. Better again an 18-22 footer. A stretch three with legitimate three point range being king. But a solid 15-20 foot jump shot is all that is needed. Further range than that is just a bonus. 

I think the player should be a good mobile defender too. Someone who can cover quicker PFs or perimeter PFs that Randolph struggles with. A different type of defender to the big bodied Asik.

If you can get a guy who does both the defensive job and the offensive tasks, I think that would be ideal. I think the guy behind Randolph in Memphis does a good job for them defensively and offensively. He would be someone I would consider in one of the later rounds.