Author Topic: 2013 Pick 2 Draft: How's my team look?  (Read 200823 times)

Re: 2013 Pick 2 Draft: How's my team look?
« Reply #120 on: February 18, 2013, 10:48:57 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Greivis Vasquez (top-5 passer)/ Klay Thompson (top-5 3P shooter)/ Zach Randolph (top-5 rebounder)

Contender?

Easily a top 5 team right now

I agree, Mr. Ronaldo.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2013, 10:49:39 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Does your team have a SF who looks like a young Matthew Lillard?

No. No, it doesn't.

My lawyers should have already been in contact with your people re: you biting my style in two straight drafts.

Feel free to grab yourself a quality 2 Guard, but I feel like Nick's gonna beat you to him.

« Reply #122 on: February 18, 2013, 10:50:32 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Greivis Vasquez (top-5 passer)/ Klay Thompson (top-5 3P shooter)/ Zach Randolph (top-5 rebounder)

Contender?

Nope.

Agree.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #123 on: February 18, 2013, 10:51:30 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

Contender?

Nope.

Agree.

Elaborate plz
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #124 on: February 18, 2013, 10:55:49 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458

Contender?

Nope.

Agree.

I also don't think this team is a contender. Good stats, sure. Don't know if a team built around Thompson-Vasquez-Randolph is a playoff team, though.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #125 on: February 18, 2013, 10:56:07 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

Contender?

Nope.

Agree.

Elaborate plz

Your players aren't good enough. When ZBo made the 2nd roundm it was two years ago and Marc Gasol was the 2nd best player on the team. Gasol is significantly better than both Vasquez and Thompson.  Conley Jr. is arguably a better PG than Vasquez and that Memphis team's defense was far better than what you can create now.

Also, that was two years ago and ZBo has regressed.

« Reply #126 on: February 18, 2013, 10:57:32 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Top 5? How many teams are there? I kid. Here have a box of timbits.

« Reply #127 on: February 18, 2013, 10:58:49 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

Contender?

Nope.

Agree.

Elaborate plz

Your players aren't good enough. When ZBo made the 2nd roundm it was two years ago and Marc Gasol was the 2nd best player on the team. Gasol is significantly better than both Vasquez and Thompson.  Conley Jr. is arguably a better PG than Vasquez and that Memphis team's defense was far better than what you can create now.

ZBo is still a top-5 (if not top-3) rebounder in the league still, right? Klay would start on nearly every team in the league. 16.4 ppg in year 2. Greivis is more of an assisting PG than Conley, which can get the rest of the players going. His rebounding prowess is just a plus. Fits way better than Conley, seeing as I'm not going for a defensive stalwart, but an offensive juggernaut.

"If it doesn't go in the first time, it'll go in the second time."
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #128 on: February 18, 2013, 11:02:51 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Contender?

Nope.

Agree.

Elaborate plz

Greivis Vasquez is an undeniably talented point guard, but I don't think he's better than the actual point guard Randolph's been playing with. A lot of the success the Griz enjoy is because of the underrated defense that Gasol provides, and the overwhelming defense they enjoy on the perimeter. On top of that Gasol is an extremely talented passer.

You've lost that defense, and won't get it back (there are only a handful of centers on Gasol's level defensively), and to my eyes you've lost the defensive edge on the perimeter and downgraded the talent of your point guard.

You can maybe recover with the picks coming up, but it's going to require lots of savvy and some luck.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #129 on: February 18, 2013, 11:04:27 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Contender?

I agree, Mr. Ronaldo.

This team will get shut down by Chicago. Just saying.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #130 on: February 18, 2013, 11:04:37 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

Contender?

Nope.

Agree.

Elaborate plz

ZBo is still a top-5 (if not top-3) rebounder in the league still, right? Klay would start on nearly every team in the league. 16.4 ppg in year 2. Greivis is more of an assisting PG than Conley, which can get the rest of the players going. His rebounding prowess is just a plus. Fits way better than Conley, seeing as I'm not going for a defensive stalwart, but an offensive juggernaut.

"If it doesn't go in the first time, it'll go in the second time."

You need a team with ZBo to have the players to cover for him defensively.  Thompson is a good player, but he's not a number 2 on a contender. For example the 2nd option on the two teams in the finals last year were Dwyane Wade and Russell Westbrook. He's not that good. And fwiw, Vasquez was on that Grizzlies team and was shipped out because he wasn't as good as Conley.

« Reply #131 on: February 18, 2013, 11:06:05 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

No. No, it doesn't.
I don't have a player that looks like Lillard but I have one that looks like Dolph Lungren

And yes, I plan on stealing IP's SG.

« Reply #132 on: February 18, 2013, 11:07:07 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

No. No, it doesn't.
I don't have a player that looks like Lillard but I have one that looks like Dolph Lungren

And yes, I plan on stealing IP's SG.

« Reply #133 on: February 18, 2013, 11:10:48 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458

Contender?

I agree, Mr. Ronaldo.

Gotta admit. Chicago is looking like a fine team. If you find clear-cut number one option and this team could do some damage. No one is scoring on you guys though.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #134 on: February 18, 2013, 11:11:22 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
And also, Vasquez may not have been as good as Conley at the time (they needed more PT for one or the other) but note that this year, he is in EVERY article discussing MIP. He is almost a guaranteed nominee for Most Improved... he's having a Rondo year and will only improve.

Contender?

I agree, Mr. Ronaldo.

Gotta admit. Chicago is looking like a fine team. If you find clear-cut number one option and this team could do some damage. No one is scoring on you guys though.

Joakim Noah at Center can't stop ZBo at PF even. If I get the Center I want in round 2, it'll be second chance points galore for this team. Plus rebounders everywhere.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]