Author Topic: 2013 Pick 2 Draft: How's my team look?  (Read 200922 times)

Re: 2013 Pick 2 Draft: How's my team look?
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2013, 12:36:47 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Chicago Bulls: After 1

PG - TBD
SG - Andre Iguodala
SF - Luol Deng
PF - TBD
C  - Joakim Noah

A lot of money tied up unfortunately.

I am intrigued by the idea of going small with that group. Sliding Deng over to PF and Iggy to SF. Getting more jump-shooting and dribble penetration into the lineup in the process.

It could be tough getting enough offense together if going with a more conventional lineup. Anyways, just an idea. Something to consider.

And getting murdered on the glass
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2013, 12:37:36 PM »

Offline airbelinelli

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 71
  • Derrick Rose is year-to-year
From watching Deng as a PF im not convinced thats the right way to go

Great wing defender but his offense just isnt the same in the post as it is when he plays against 3's
CB Draft: Golden State Warriors - 14.23
PG: Bledsoe/Lin/ Harris
SG: Beal/ Henderson/ Ingram
SF: Winslow/McDermott/
PF: Turner/ Acy / Hernangomez
C: Adams/ Turner/ McRoberts
DKC Nets: http://tinyurl.com/h5mdvwj

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2013, 12:38:32 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
Milwaukee Bucks after 1

PG - Brandon Jennings
SG - Monta Ellis
SF -
PF - David Lee
C -

Looking to move one of the guards but open to suggestions beyond that.

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2013, 12:41:39 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Warriors

PG Curry
SG Thompson
SF  Gallinari

55.88 million left to use.

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2013, 12:42:06 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
What do people think the new-look Washington Wizards?

Tony Parker, Pau Gasol, and Nikola Pekovic.  No current 2nd-rounder (something I'm working to rectify) but a pile of picks in the third and fourth rounds.

I don't like Pau Gasol and Pekovic together.

It is the same spacing issues offensively that Pau Gasol has suffered through with Dwight Howard and Andrew Bynum. Both players want the same real estate (low post touches) and Pekovic won't play away from the basket so Pau Gasol will be forced to spend an inordinate amount of time in the high post shooting jumpers. Their individual and combined lack of quickness/mobility defensively will be a negative too.

I love Pau Gasol and I fully agree that he has some top seasons left in him. I like Pekovic quite a bit too but I don't like the two of them together. I don't think they fit well.

Someone like Millsap would've been perfect for Pau Gasol and Tony Parker.

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2013, 12:42:59 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Dallas Mavericks

PG: Rubio
SG: Mayo
SF: Pierce
PF: Nowitzki

Set up.  No need to make a big move at this point.  Just wait and grab the best dirty job big on the board.

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2013, 12:44:24 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Dallas Mavericks

PG: Rubio
SG: Mayo
SF: Pierce
PF: Nowitzki

Set up.  No need to make a big move at this point.  Just wait and grab the best dirty job big on the board.

Needs a defensive center with quickness and mobility to protect Dirk.

No slow-footed plodders.

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2013, 12:46:27 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

PG - TBD
SG - Andre Iguodala
SF - Luol Deng
PF - TBD
C  - Joakim Noah

I am intrigued by the idea of going small with that group. Sliding Deng over to PF and Iggy to SF. Getting more jump-shooting and dribble penetration into the lineup in the process.

It could be tough getting enough offense together if going with a more conventional lineup. Anyways, just an idea. Something to consider.

They would need to give up some rebounding but if they can get a large enough boost offensively, it may be worth doing so.

Luol Deng will give them a close to average rebounder at PF. Iggy is a plus rebounder. Noah is one of the best rebounders in the league. If Chicago have solid rebounders in the backcourt, they will still be a middle of the pack or better rebounding team.

They wouldn't get murdered on the boards.

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2013, 12:47:56 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

PG - TBD
SG - Andre Iguodala
SF - Luol Deng
PF - TBD
C  - Joakim Noah

They would need to give up some rebounding but if they can get a large enough boost offensively, it may be worth doing so.

Luol Deng will give them a close to average rebounder at PF. Iggy is a plus rebounder. Noah is one of the best rebounders in the league. If Chicago have solid rebounders in the backcourt, they will still be a middle of the pack or better rebounding team.

They wouldn't get murdered on the boards.

I don't know about Luol Deng boxing out PFs, but OK
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2013, 01:07:04 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649

Tony Parker, Pau Gasol, and Nikola Pekovic.  No current 2nd-rounder (something I'm working to rectify) but a pile of picks in the third and fourth rounds.

It is the same spacing issues offensively that Pau Gasol has suffered through with Dwight Howard and Andrew Bynum. Both players want the same real estate (low post touches) and Pekovic won't play away from the basket so Pau Gasol will be forced to spend an inordinate amount of time in the high post shooting jumpers. Their individual and combined lack of quickness/mobility defensively will be a negative too.

I love Pau Gasol and I fully agree that he has some top seasons left in him. I like Pekovic quite a bit too but I don't like the two of them together. I don't think they fit well.

I like Gasol playing at the PF spot a lot more than at center.  I think he lacks strength as a center and can be bullied.  That's why I wanted to pair him with a bruiser like Pek - let somebody else play bully ball so he doesn't have to. 

On offense, the low post is Gasol's territory.  I actually don't like Pekovic as much down there.  In the post, I see him as a brute-force player without a lot of skill.  I like him more as a super-garbage man - set picks, be mobile, cut, crash the glass hard.  He's an excellent offensive rebounder, and combined with Gasol's interior passing ability he'll still get his touches.  But I didn't draft him to be a low post iso kind of player. 

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2013, 01:10:00 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
This sucks. I've been spending my president's day watching New Girl, (hating it but the entire second season is on Hulu), and reading stuff on Liberty Ballers about Andrew Bynum.

Its kind of a weird mix between desperate optimism and attempted pragmatic desperate optimism.

http://www.libertyballers.com/2013/2/6/3939558/philadelphia-76ers-andrew-bynum-knee-injury-update

PARRRTAYYYYYYY

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2013, 01:12:01 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
This sucks. I've been spending my president's day watching New Girl, (hating it but the entire second season is on Hulu), and reading stuff on Liberty Ballers about Andrew Bynum.

Its kind of a weird mix between desperate optimism and attempted pragmatic desperate optimism.

http://www.libertyballers.com/2013/2/6/3939558/philadelphia-76ers-andrew-bynum-knee-injury-update

PARRRTAYYYYYYY

Not our fault you traded your 1st round pick for a chronically injured center, who likes smoochy nootchies.

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2013, 01:13:04 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

PARRRTAYYYYYYY

Hey, New Girlnis cool. Zooey is great.

Not sure about Bynum though as to how great he is.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2013, 01:14:54 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

I like Gasol playing at the PF spot a lot more than at center.  I think he lacks strength as a center and can be bullied.  That's why I wanted to pair him with a bruiser like Pek - let somebody else play bully ball so he doesn't have to. 

On offense, the low post is Gasol's territory.  I actually don't like Pekovic as much down there.  In the post, I see him as a brute-force player without a lot of skill.  I like him more as a super-garbage man - set picks, be mobile, cut, crash the glass hard.  He's an excellent offensive rebounder, and combined with Gasol's interior passing ability he'll still get his touches.  But I didn't draft him to be a low post iso kind of player.

I like Pau Gasol at either PF or C.

If at PF, I like Pau playing alongside a center who is comfortable in the high post. Someone who can vacate that space in the paint and allow Pau to take advantage of his post game against smaller defenders. Like Marc Gasol does for him on the Spanish National team (or for Z-Bo in Memphis).

Pekovic won't do that for Pau. He wants to be in the paint smacking people around.

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2013, 01:18:23 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649

I like Pau Gasol at either PF or C.

If at PF, I like Pau playing alongside a center who is comfortable in the high post. Someone who can vacate that space in the paint and allow Pau to take advantage of his post game against smaller defenders. Like Marc Gasol does for him on the Spanish National team (or for Z-Bo in Memphis).

Pekovic won't do that for Pau. He wants to be in the paint smacking people around.

What about a guy like Stoudemire?  Do you think he'd fit with Pau?