Author Topic: 2013 Pick 2 Draft: How's my team look?  (Read 200164 times)

Re: 2013 Pick 2 Draft: How's my team look?
« Reply #450 on: February 21, 2013, 11:48:16 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

Warriors  (38.5 million left to spend)

PG  Curry
SG Marco Belinelli
SF Gallinari
PF Landry
C  M. Gasol

Bench
G  Bledsoe

Lot's of "L"s on your team :P

A very solid squad, though. I don't know much about Bledsoe defensively, but I know Curry, Belinelli, and Gallinari aren't very good in that department. You might look to add more defense at the 1-3.

Belinelli has been solid on defense with Chicago. 

And we keep hearing how good defensively Bledsoe is in the KG trade ideas/rumors.

Are you planning on starting Belinelli?

Or is he just a stand in until you acquire a defensive minded SG later on?

« Reply #451 on: February 21, 2013, 11:49:36 AM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1642

PG  Curry
SG Marco Belinelli
SF Gallinari
PF Landry
C  M. Gasol

Bench
G  Bledsoe

I'd actually consider starting Bledsoe and bringing Belinelli off the bench.  You could really use a great defender in that starting lineup, since Gasol is the only above average defender on your team.

You won't have problems scoring, though.  You have a solid scorer at every position on the court.

I'd look for some more size next. 

« Reply #452 on: February 21, 2013, 11:50:36 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

PG  Curry
SG Marco Belinelli
SF Gallinari
PF Landry
C  M. Gasol

Bench
G  Bledsoe

Lot's of "L"s on your team :P

A very solid squad, though. I don't know much about Bledsoe defensively, but I know Curry, Belinelli, and Gallinari aren't very good in that department. You might look to add more defense at the 1-3.

Belinelli has been solid on defense with Chicago. 

And we keep hearing how good defensively Bledsoe is in the KG trade ideas/rumors.

Are you planning on starting Belinelli?

Or is he just a stand in until you acquire a defensive minded SG later on?

He is going to start. 

« Reply #453 on: February 21, 2013, 11:52:59 AM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Alright, I have my top 7 filled out now.  I'd love some opinions/suggestions.

PG:  Tony Parker
SG:  Danny Green / Monta Ellis
SF:  Caron Butler
PF:  Tristan Thompson / Earl Clark
C:   Pau Gasol

TP & Gasol is a great foundation, but I'm unimpressed with your forward rotation.  Butler's a mediocre player, Thompson is too raw to be such a key cog on a veteran contending team and Clark, while a nice surprise this year, doesn't make up for the weakness of the two players ahead of him.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #454 on: February 21, 2013, 11:55:26 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Chicago Bulls: After 4

PG - Andre Iguodala  / Chauncey Billups
SG - Joe Johnson
SF - Luol Deng
PF - Elton Brand
CD - Joakim Noah

Now that a floor general and a great leader (and shooter) has been added, this tough defensive team will have a much better flow on offense.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #455 on: February 21, 2013, 11:56:08 AM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders

TP & Gasol is a great foundation, but I'm unimpressed with your forward rotation.  Butler's a mediocre player, Thompson is too raw to be such a key cog on a veteran contending team and Clark, while a nice surprise this year, doesn't make up for the weakness of the two players ahead of him.

Butler's in there for 3's and defense, both of which he still does well.  Thompson is there for rebounding, energy and defense.  Again, all of which he does well.  These guys should be more than capable of performing the roles I have for them.

« Reply #456 on: February 21, 2013, 12:07:06 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders

SG - Joe Johnson
SF - Luol Deng
PF - Elton Brand
CD - Joakim Noah

Now that a floor general and a great leader (and shooter) has been added, this tough defensive team will have a much better flow on offense.

I can't say I'm crazy about the idea of having Joe Johnson as my go-to guy at this point.  I also see Brand as more of a bench player, unless you can get a very solid PF off the bench to limit his minutes.  The Iggy at PG experiment is a cool move.  He can defend the position and is a good passer.  Not sure how he'd handle ball pressure, but between him and Johnson you should be able to figure it out.  Iggy may have trouble driving against PG's, though.  You're limiting his quickness advantage in favor of a size advantage, and I'm not sure how well he takes advantage of that.

Good defensive team that may have trouble scoring.  Billups' effect on an offense has become overrated at this point - he's a good floor general, but he's not some mystical soothsayer who cures all offensive ills.  I foresee a lot of Iso Joe. 

Again, target a good big to take some pressure off of Brand. 

« Reply #457 on: February 21, 2013, 12:07:53 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo

Butler's in there for 3's and defense, both of which he still does well.  Thompson is there for rebounding, energy and defense.  Again, all of which he does well.  These guys should be more than capable of performing the roles I have for them.

See I would compare this to the 2010/2011 Spurs team that had Richard Jefferson and Dejuan Blair starting (only with the disadvantage of having Ellis in place of Manu in the 6th man role). 

« Reply #458 on: February 21, 2013, 12:09:12 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo

SG - Joe Johnson
SF - Luol Deng
PF - Elton Brand
CD - Joakim Noah

I haven't seen Billups plays after his achilles, but if he's in good form he fills a massive hole for this team.

« Reply #459 on: February 21, 2013, 12:12:51 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

SG - Joe Johnson
SF - Luol Deng
PF - Elton Brand
CD - Joakim Noah

I can't say I'm crazy about the idea of having Joe Johnson as my go-to guy at this point.  I also see Brand as more of a bench player, unless you can get a very solid PF off the bench to limit his minutes.  The Iggy at PG experiment is a cool move.  He can defend the position and is a good passer.  Not sure how he'd handle ball pressure, but between him and Johnson you should be able to figure it out.  Iggy may have trouble driving against PG's, though.  You're limiting his quickness advantage in favor of a size advantage, and I'm not sure how well he takes advantage of that.

Good defensive team that may have trouble scoring.  Billups' effect on an offense has become overrated at this point - he's a good floor general, but he's not some mystical soothsayer who cures all offensive ills.  I foresee a lot of Iso Joe. 

Again, target a good big to take some pressure off of Brand.

I agree with everything but the Billups and the Johnson go to idea.

Billups can calm down a storm, and with players who are willing passers, the offensive execution with Billups' leadership with be smooth even at crunch time. And Joe can still take over games, as evident two days ago. Sure he'll have bad nights, but he can still easily drop 20 on anyone.

I need some help for BRand though. I really like his defense, but he won't be able to play 30+ minutes anymore, youre right.

« Reply #460 on: February 21, 2013, 12:14:07 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

SG - Joe Johnson
SF - Luol Deng
PF - Elton Brand
CD - Joakim Noah

I am not sure about Chauncey.

I haven't gotten to see him play yet this season. Has anyone seen any of his games? How does he look defensively after achilles injury?

That was a career-threatening injury. I would be very worried about his defense after an injury like that. I expect him to be a very poor on defense. Completely unable to stay in front of opposing PGs.

I would also be very worried about his ability to beat his defender off the dribble and get into the paint. I think his jump-shooting and decision making should still be at a high level and fit in well with your team.

Has anyone seen Chauncey play? Can comment on how he looks after that torn achilles?

« Reply #461 on: February 21, 2013, 12:18:05 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

I like the chemistry and combined skill-set in the starting backcourt. Ellis is an expensive 6th man, but I know you're looking to move him, so I won't belabor the point.

I like the frontcourt rotation a lot too. Clark and Thompson as energetic glass cleaners with the offensively talented Gasol.

Butler I am not as crazy about. Not sure what kind of talent is still on the board at SF, though: he may be the most accomplished scorer still there. Still, I'd like to see more quickness/defense there. You could also select a defensive minded SG and shift Green to SF.

Overall, I like it.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #462 on: February 21, 2013, 12:18:49 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

SG - Joe Johnson
SF - Luol Deng
PF - Elton Brand
CD - Joakim Noah

I am not sure about Chauncey.

I haven't gotten to see him play yet this season. Has anyone seen any of his games? How does he look defensively after achilles injury?

That was a career-threatening injury. I would be very worried about his defense after an injury like that. I expect him to be a very poor on defense. Completely unable to stay in front of opposing PGs.

I would also be very worried about his ability to beat his defender off the dribble and get into the paint. I think his jump-shooting and decision making should still be at a high level and fit in well with your team.

Has anyone seen Chauncey play? Can comment on how he looks after that torn achilles?

Dropped 21 on 16 minutes last week against the Lakers. 4 steals too. I feel pretty good about him.

« Reply #463 on: February 21, 2013, 12:20:42 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

I am in a pretty similar place as snively.

« Reply #464 on: February 21, 2013, 12:25:22 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Warriors  (36.64 million left to spend)

PG  Curry
SG Marco Belinelli
SF Gallinari
PF Landry
C  M. Gasol

Bench
G  Bledsoe

Looks like a talented offensive unit. I'd like to see one starter replaced with more defense, though.

I think I prefer the thought of both Belinelli and Landry as 6th-7th man types to anchor the scoring of the bench unit along with Bledsoe, especially considering that both those guys would be the last options in the starting offense.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague