Author Topic: 2013 Pick 2 Draft: How's my team look?  (Read 200169 times)

Re: 2013 Pick 2 Draft: How's my team look?
« Reply #405 on: February 20, 2013, 04:19:30 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I have the Rockets tentative starting line-up in place:

Manu/Harden/W. Chandler/Nene/Hawes.

Any thoughts on what I should prioritize from here.  About $25 mil left to spend.

Pretty solid 2-5.  Not sure Ginobili can defend the PG position.  I'd definitely go for a real PG.  You might consider starting Manu at the 2, Harden at the 3 and bringing Chandler off the bench.  Just my two cents.

Yes, I would be worried about PG defense too. I don't think Manu is up to defending the PG position for any prolonged length of time at this stage in his career. When he was younger, definitely. Harden can't defend PGs either.

So that would be a priority for me. Finding a point guard. Having Harden and Manu, with their PG-skills, make it very easy to slot in just about anyone in that PG position. So you will have the pick of the bunch.

I would bring Ginobili off the bench and keep W.Chandler as a starter because of Chandler's defensive ability at SF. Ginobili will give you one hell of a game changer off the bench.

I would also target a talented backup forward for when Hawes goes out and Nene slides to the center position. Either a PF to play alongside Nene. Or a SF with W.Chandler sliding over to PF. Someone who can give you more quickness defensively and has a jump shot.

I think with those two pieces you will have a rock solid 7 man rotation. From there, just situational substitutes.

« Reply #406 on: February 20, 2013, 04:20:35 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Tell me how you like me

Pick 2 Draft - Boston Celtics (71.6) Remaining (35.2)
C: Duncan (9.6)  PF: Garnett (11.5) SF: J Dudley (4.2)
SG: JR Smith (2.8 ), PG: Jeremy Lin (8.3)

Picks: 4.20, 4.26, 6-11 .20

Yep, you might want to get a more consistent guard because both Lin and JR are capable of 35-point games, as well as 4-20 shooting nights. When both aren't playing well, at least you can get another scorer in (or passer).

That frontcourt is pretty good, to say the least ;D

If you're going to post your team, comment on other people's team.
Good idea
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #407 on: February 20, 2013, 04:21:16 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
How about my smoorgishboard of young players?

I think the average age of my team is like 22 lol

Definitely need to target some veterans to help keep the ship steady.

Although individually very skilled, the Teague/Walker/Mayo backcourt combo seems a little redundant in skill set. Seems like a lot of rock-pounding to me (although I could be way off). I might trade one for the purest shooter you could find.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #408 on: February 20, 2013, 04:21:31 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Chris Paul
Iman Shumpert
Kyle Korver
Blake Griffin
Larry Sanders

thoughts?

Love the Shump addition. I actually wasn't crazy about hte Korver pick but now that you've added him it's not as big of a deal. Still think you need a more pure center
Yeah, tbh yesterday might have been too early to pick Korver. I was working my first day at a temp job and didn't have enough time to look at my spreadsheet. I ended up making a rushed pick so I didn't get skipped.

I demand you watch more bucks games (just close your eyes anytime Ellis or Jennings is about to take a bad shot), if you do you will see Sanders is the real deal.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #409 on: February 20, 2013, 04:22:37 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Chris Paul
Iman Shumpert
Kyle Korver
Blake Griffin
Larry Sanders

thoughts?

Love the Shump addition. I actually wasn't crazy about hte Korver pick but now that you've added him it's not as big of a deal. Still think you need a more pure center
Yeah, tbh yesterday might have been too early to pick Korver. I was working my first day at a temp job and didn't have enough time to look at my spreadsheet. I ended up making a rushed pick so I didn't get skipped.

I demand you watch more bucks games (just close your eyes anytime Ellis or Jennings is about to take a bad shot), if you do you will see Sanders is the real deal.

I suggest getting a big who can shoot free throws as well.

Griffin + Sanders = 60% shooting everywhere O_O
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #410 on: February 20, 2013, 04:24:46 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.

Any thoughts on what I should prioritize from here.  About $25 mil left to spend.

Pretty solid 2-5.  Not sure Ginobili can defend the PG position.  I'd definitely go for a real PG.  You might consider starting Manu at the 2, Harden at the 3 and bringing Chandler off the bench.  Just my two cents.

Yes, I would be worried about PG defense too. I don't think Manu is up to defending the PG position for any prolonged length of time at this stage in his career. When he was younger, definitely. Harden can't defend PGs either.

So that would be a priority for me. Finding a point guard. Having Harden and Manu, with their PG-skills, make it very easy to slot in just about anyone in that PG position. So you will have the pick of the bunch.

I would bring Ginobili off the bench and keep W.Chandler as a starter because of Chandler's defensive ability at SF. Ginobili will give you one hell of a game changer off the bench.

I would also target a talented backup forward for when Hawes goes out and Nene slides to the center position. Either a PF to play alongside Nene. Or a SF with W.Chandler sliding over to PF. Someone who can give you more quickness defensively and has a jump shot.

I think with those two pieces you will have a rock solid 7 man rotation. From there, just situational substitutes.

There is still a PG out there that I'm stunned hasn't been selected yet.

« Reply #411 on: February 20, 2013, 04:25:27 PM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222
SUNS Pick 2:
PG: Goran Dragic(7.5)
SG: Dwyane Wade(17.1)
SF: Gerald Wallace(9.88)
PF:Carlos Boozer(15)
C: Marcin Gortat(7.25)
Cap used: 56.73 Total: 70.3

Thoughts ? I have 4.1 where should I go with it?  obviously I need to target players on cheap deals even though I want to spend
Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony

« Reply #412 on: February 20, 2013, 04:27:05 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
SUNS Pick 2:

Thoughts ? I have 4.1 where should I go with it?  obviously I need to target players on cheap deals even though I want to spend

A guy who can knock down shots, just hangin' around the perimeter.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #413 on: February 20, 2013, 04:27:24 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1642
SUNS Pick 2:

Thoughts ? I have 4.1 where should I go with it?  obviously I needed to get players on cheap deals even though I want to spend

You badly need shooters.  Iffy jumpshots at every position.  No spacing on that team at all.

« Reply #414 on: February 20, 2013, 04:27:28 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
Portland lineup:

PG: Damian Lillard
SG: Thabo Sefolosha
SF: Tayshaun Prince
PF: David West
C:  LaMarcus Aldridge

Bench: Jason Terry, Jonas Valanciunas

I love what you've done with the Blazers, and I think the Rose Garden would, too.

What better duo is there for JV to learn behind than Aldrige and West, two guys that do it the right way.

A little bit more athleticism would be a nice compliment off the bench.  Someone that can take the dribble-drive load off of Lilliard would help.

TP. Athleticism: which slots? You mean, a human pogo-stick type at PF and a slasher wing?

Yeah Lucky I'm more refering to athleticism on the wings/backcourt. Love Thabo/TeyTey, but they aren't going to playmake.  Lillard is that guy, but when he goes to the bench I'd like to see the Blazers with someone else who can pick up the slack in the creation department.

Your bigs are fine, I suppose some more athleticism wouldn't hurt there either but that's just nit picking haha.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #415 on: February 20, 2013, 04:28:48 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Oh yea, I want some feedback too!

Greivis Vásquez
Klay Thompson
Jeff Green
Zach Randolph
Omer Asik

($33,626,954 remaining)

4.15, 5.15, 7.15, 8.11, 8.15, 9.15, 9.19, 11.15

What type of guys do I want?

I'm thinking a stretch PF and shot-creators for my bench. If I could get a decent jump-shooting big man with my picks, it'd be great but... I'll have to get a good pick ;D I think my starting lineup is pretty good and can score 70ppg.

Jump shooters!
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #416 on: February 20, 2013, 04:29:23 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

There is still a PG out there that I'm stunned hasn't been selected yet.

You sure you're not missing someone. I don't see anyone that I'm *stunned* is available.

« Reply #417 on: February 20, 2013, 04:31:45 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Portland lineup:

PG: Damian Lillard
SG: Thabo Sefolosha
SF: Tayshaun Prince
PF: David West
C:  LaMarcus Aldridge

Bench: Jason Terry, Jonas Valanciunas

We were very pleased with our third round selections today. With the exception of Danny Green, we got everyone we'd targeted.

The scoring load will be assumed by Lillard, West, and LMA. Sef and Tay will provide very good wing defense, with adequate floor spacing as well. Tay can also help with running the offense, as he is a skilled passer who will keep the ball moving.

Terry will be our 6th man, backing up both guard positions, and providing shooting and scoring off the bench.

Jonas will back up LMA at C. With West and LMA, we like the mix and match options for frontcourt setups. I think we could also run an effective small-ball lineup at times with Tayshaun at PF (against opposing stretch 4s, for example).

Our next pick isn't until the 6th round, unfortunately. But, with nearly $25 million of payroll remaining, we think we can round the roster out with good role players.

So talented and well-balanced, but I'm bothered by the dependence of two rooks (Lillard and Val) on what should be a contending team.  I'd look to move Val to one of the youth movement teams and add a strong defensive C to fit in behind West and LMA.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #418 on: February 20, 2013, 04:31:52 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Tell me how you like me

Pick 2 Draft - Boston Celtics (71.6) Remaining (35.2)
C: Duncan (9.6)  PF: Garnett (11.5) SF: J Dudley (4.2)
SG: JR Smith (2.8 ), PG: Jeremy Lin (8.3)

Picks: 4.20, 4.26, 6-11 .20
There is something about Jeremy Lin and JR Smith together that worries me.

I am not totally sure what it is but there is something there.
  • Maybe it's that both guys are kind of high usage role players. Will eat too many possessions.
  • Or that neither one of them is particularly good at executing a set offense. That they will fail to get the best out of Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett.
It doesn't feel right to me. I don't think the two of them should start with Duncan and Garnett. It doesn't feel like an effective combination to me.

I think one of them should move to the bench. JR Smith could move there very comfortably with a more low usage defensive SG taking his place in the starting lineup.

« Reply #419 on: February 20, 2013, 04:32:06 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
Oh yea, I want some feedback too!

Greivis Vásquez
Klay Thompson
Jeff Green
Zach Randolph
Omer Asik

($33,626,954 remaining)

4.15, 5.15, 7.15, 8.11, 8.15, 9.15, 9.19, 11.15

What type of guys do I want?

I'm thinking a stretch PF and shot-creators for my bench. If I could get a decent jump-shooting big man with my picks, it'd be great but... I'll have to get a good pick ;D I think my starting lineup is pretty good and can score 70ppg.

Jump shooters!

You made some uneven trades that put you in a tough spot, but that's part of the learning process in these types of things.

I think you absolutely need to focus on defense for your bench though. That's just what I'd do.