Author Topic: Shaun Livingston  (Read 1223 times)

Shaun Livingston
« on: February 18, 2013, 11:36:50 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I'd like to see the Cs add him before the deadline. They could get him for Barbosa and a well protected 2nd round pick, presumably.

He'd be a nice security blanket as a ballhandler in the playoffs. He can D, and his length is a good potential compliment to guys like Terry and Bradley who are a little undersized at the 2.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Re: Shaun Livingston
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 11:41:05 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Shaun Livingston is playing regularly for the Cavs, isn't he?

I don't think you could get him for a protected 2nd rounder. I think you need to give up a good 2nd round pick to get S.Livingston. He is of value to the Cavs. Small value but value nonetheless. 

I would be happy to land S.Livingston. Solid backup PG and with his ability to defend multiple positions, he would be a nice addition alongside Boston's smaller guards. Although, that would probably limit his ability to create mismatches on the other end and lower his offensive worth. Hmm ...

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 11:46:37 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
He was with Washington until he was waived for Mack who was waived, I believe.

He has a nice game, and is a solid ball-handler who can get 4-5 ppg. But I'd rather keep a pick.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 12:11:13 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
He was with Washington until he was waived for Mack who was waived, I believe.

He has a nice game, and is a solid ball-handler who can get 4-5 ppg. But I'd rather keep a pick.
He's getting 20 mpg with the Cavs, so this one is not happening.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 12:21:01 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
Shaun Livingston is playing regularly for the Cavs, isn't he?

I don't think you could get him for a protected 2nd rounder. I think you need to give up a good 2nd round pick to get S.Livingston. He is of value to the Cavs. Small value but value nonetheless. 

I would be happy to land S.Livingston. Solid backup PG and with his ability to defend multiple positions, he would be a nice addition alongside Boston's smaller guards. Although, that would probably limit his ability to create mismatches on the other end and lower his offensive worth. Hmm ...

He was recently waived, and otherwise will be a UFA this summer. Could be that the Cavs don't want to trade him for less than a guaranteed 2nd -- sure. But worth finding out. He should be available.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 12:36:36 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Hes been playing for the Cavs since Christmas at around 20 minutes a game. I dont see why he would be easily available and with his injury record Im not so sure I would like to take the chance on him.

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 12:40:57 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
Hes been playing for the Cavs since Christmas at around 20 minutes a game. I dont see why he would be easily available and with his injury record Im not so sure I would like to take the chance on him.

Guys who get minutes don't get traded?

The Cavs are 16-37. They are building assets for the future. Trading Livingston for a 2nd would be turning thin air into a draft pick (since they claimed him off waivers).

Not sure there's much difference in playing Livingston or Andre Barrett for the last 20 someodd games if you're the Cavs, and you're getting a draft pick out of it.

If the Cs are "blowing it up" obviously this goes by the way side.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)