Author Topic: Celtics close to signing T-Will to 10 day  (Read 7803 times)

Re: Celtics close to signing T-Will to 10 day
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2013, 01:08:45 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
gary washburn ‏@GwashNBAGlobe
Terrence Williams signing is a done deal according to #celtics source

Saw that. Nice

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2013, 01:11:38 PM »

Offline LEHGOCELTICS

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Double the high-flying dunks now with T-Will and Green!

all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo

« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2013, 01:15:36 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
I don't understand how signing a guy to a 10day contract means Green is gone.

If anything...he and Green will be our human highlight reel. and I'm more than ready for this. woo!

« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2013, 01:21:14 PM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
Welcome to Boston!
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2013, 01:24:05 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
6' 6'' athletic freak. Is he Gerald Green 2.0 or is he just a knucklehead that hasnt been able to cut it?
Pardon me, but isn't this one and the same thing?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2013, 01:25:10 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
I don't understand how signing a guy to a 10day contract means Green is gone.
Especially given that they play different positions.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2013, 01:25:46 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
6' 6'' athletic freak. Is he Gerald Green 2.0 or is he just a knucklehead that hasnt been able to cut it?

Well, then that's good. Look at Green now, seeing as Green makes $3.5 mil and is a solid rotation player on a championship contender.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2013, 01:37:33 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Well, then that's good. Look at Green now, seeing as Green makes $3.5 mil and is a solid rotation player on a championship contender.
Green has been out of the Pacers rotation for a month now. This was a wide open starting swingman spot in Indiana that he successfully played himself out of being the clear-cut favorite of it.

He was outplayed by Lance Stephenson and Orlando Johnson, for crying out loud. Same old Gerald.

« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2013, 01:42:07 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80
I'd prefer Pargo, at least he has played decent NBA basketball before in his career.  Regardless, this is all probably much ado about nothing anyway.

« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2013, 01:45:22 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
I'd prefer Pargo, at least he has played decent NBA basketball before in his career.  Regardless, this is all probably much ado about nothing anyway.

The Philadelphia 76ers will sign guard Jeremy Pargo for the rest of the season, league source tells Y! Sports.

« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2013, 01:47:13 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
I can see why they would prefer a bigger ball-handler, given that Lee is the only guard taller 6'3 that we currently have.

Of course, this is a riskier move, given that you know exactly what you get with Pargo, and Williams is somewhat of an unknown commodity at this stage of his career.

« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2013, 01:48:45 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
I like it. Kids got skill, hopefully he finds himself here in Boston and we get ourselves a steal

« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2013, 01:51:03 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

The Philadelphia 76ers will sign guard Jeremy Pargo for the rest of the season, league source tells Y! Sports.
He means the other Pargo. Jeremy was never available.

« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2013, 01:56:57 PM »

Offline fanofgreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 105
Terrence Williams may be the solution to finding a back-up point guard. I found this highlight clip of him last year, he looks very comfortable bringing the ball up and orchestrating out of the pick and role. Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmeETwUJld8

« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2013, 02:02:21 PM »

Offline LEHGOCELTICS

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
Terrence Williams may be the solution to finding a back-up point guard. I found this highlight clip of him last year, he looks very comfortable bringing the ball up and orchestrating out of the pick and role. Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmeETwUJld8

There's a distinct difference between being able to bring the ball up and being a point guard. I'd rather have him as a SG/SF role.

all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo