Author Topic: Woj's source: "If Chris wants Kevin Garnett, they'll push hard for it."  (Read 8751 times)

Re: Woj's source: "If Chris wants Kevin Garnett, they'll push hard for it."
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2013, 03:31:47 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
my point: if wyc, danny and the Cs organization make a fundamental decision to begin trading away their veterans now in an effort to compile value for them before it's too late, we're stuck with these two gentlemen.
We're not "stuck" with anything when they retire.

But if we do trade them, we're stuck with Jordan's horrible contract and so-so performance.

Amusing how you can so fervently defend Jeff Green's contract then call Jordan's "horrible". 

I doubt the Cs front office sees his deal as a major impediment, considering:

1) his age (24);
2) his potential fit with Rondo;
3) they prefer to rebuild on the fly then be cellar dwellers, and;
4) they're likely hamstring cap-wise for at least another year, if not more.

If they'd take a chance on a "talented" yet older guy like Green for 4 years after heart surgery, I'm inclined to think they'd see Jordan on a 2-year deal as an asset, not a burden. 

Here's another way to look at it:

If the Cs had the cap room today, February 18th, 2013, they'd sign Jordan to a 2 year, $22 mil deal in a nanosecond.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2013, 03:35:38 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Jeff Green can play 4th quarters. 
wouldn't trade him straight up for DeAndre 'worst FT shooter in L' Jordan.

« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2013, 05:04:36 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
what's the fascination with Eric Blesoe?  Is it just because he happens to be one of the only young expendable assets on a contending team?  I don't get it ...

he's one of the most athletic and productive per minute point guards in the league. He's Bradley with offensive skills.
But we already have a top 5 point guard in Rondo and a very capable backup point guard in Avery Bradley.  Do we need a 3rd backup?... or would this be the precursor to a Rondo or Bradley trade?

More likely it would be a precursor to a Bledsoe trade in the offseason - he gets the last part of the season to show his chops as a starting PG and then gets packed off for a pick in the upcoming draft (which is pretty bereft of PG's from my understanding) or as a part of a sign and trade.
Actually I would think it would be Rondo that would get traded once he is back.  That would put Boston into full bore rebuilding heading into what looks like a very deep draft in 2014.

Doubt it - his value will still be deflated with the knee injury.  Bledsoe, if he played well over the stretch run with us, would likely be the better sell high: healthy, one more year on the rookie deal and then RFA.
yes but he is on a rookie deal and Boston has no expiring contracts, thus what you could get back would be a guy on a rookie deal or Bledsoe's value would be hurt by having Bass and/or Terry tacked onto the trade. 

Trading Rondo makes a lot more sense given he is injured, he is older (than Bledsoe and Bradley), and he is better (and thus by keeping him make your team too good to truly rebuild), and while his value may not be at its peak boston would still get more for him than bledsoe or bradley.  Rondo is the one that makes sense to trade, especially if the attitude, stat chasing, etc. rumors are true.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2013, 05:09:43 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
my point: if wyc, danny and the Cs organization make a fundamental decision to begin trading away their veterans now in an effort to compile value for them before it's too late, we're stuck with these two gentlemen.
We're not "stuck" with anything when they retire.

But if we do trade them, we're stuck with Jordan's horrible contract and so-so performance.

Amusing how you can so fervently defend Jeff Green's contract then call Jordan's "horrible". 

I doubt the Cs front office sees his deal as a major impediment, considering:

1) his age (24);
2) his potential fit with Rondo;
3) they prefer to rebuild on the fly then be cellar dwellers, and;
4) they're likely hamstring cap-wise for at least another year, if not more.

If they'd take a chance on a "talented" yet older guy like Green for 4 years after heart surgery, I'm inclined to think they'd see Jordan on a 2-year deal as an asset, not a burden. 

Here's another way to look at it:

If the Cs had the cap room today, February 18th, 2013, they'd sign Jordan to a 2 year, $22 mil deal in a nanosecond.
I think any trade for Jordan will also have Bass and probably Terry in the trade so Boston gets rid of some long term salary.

This trade seemingly makes sense for both teams

Garnett, Bass, Terry

for

Jordan, Bledsoe, Odom, and maybe a 1st

Jordan's long term salary is essentially the same as Bass and Terry so by doing this trade you free that up.  Boston still gets a couple of young players in Jordan and Bledsoe and the Clippers get Terry as CP3 insurance and Bass as a respectable big off the bench.  Seems to make sense for both teams and probably makes the Clippers a true, legit, and real challenge to the Thunder and Spurs.  I mean that KG/Griffin front court would be a monster for anyone to handle especially with CP3 running the show.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip