Author Topic: Woj's source: "If Chris wants Kevin Garnett, they'll push hard for it."  (Read 8755 times)

Re: Woj's source: "If Chris wants Kevin Garnett, they'll push hard for it."
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2013, 08:00:11 AM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
Like others said, I'm not sure what that means. I don't see KG leaving bc the clippers tell him Paul really really really wants him, pretty please with sugar on top

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2013, 08:17:33 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
KG and Rondo are so tight.. Why would he ditch him for CP3?

And he has a house in LA, and he is the godfather (something like that) to Billup's kids, and he might be able to add a second ring this year.... 

The better question is, if your KG, why would you not want to go after one more ring?
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2013, 08:19:33 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

And he has a house in LA, and he is the godfather (something like that) to Billup's kids, and he might be able to add a second ring this year.... 

The better question is, if your KG, why would you not want to go after one more ring?

Because he's currently going for a ring regardless, too bad you guys don't see it.

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2013, 09:09:24 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
It doesn't matter if the team pushes hard or not. It's not like they are making some irresistible offer that Danny can't refuse. It's going to be a pretty big talent downgrade no matter what trade Danny finds for KG if he decides to move him.

The only thing that matters is whether Danny wants to blow it up or now ... and I strongly doubt that Danny has any intention of blowing this team up.

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2013, 09:23:19 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
It doesn't matter if the team pushes hard or not. It's not like they are making some irresistible offer that Danny can't refuse. It's going to be a pretty big talent downgrade no matter what trade Danny finds for KG if he decides to move him.

The only thing that matters is whether Danny wants to blow it up or now ... and I strongly doubt that Danny has any intention of blowing this team up.
depending on how much Danny likes Jordan, I think Jordan, Bledsoe, and a first or two is a pretty good return for KG.  I personally don't want Jordan (not a great rebuilding trade in my mind), but if Danny likes him then that would be pretty darn good value. 

EDIT: Might be able to add in Odom (who is expiring) and give them Bass and/or Terry as well, clearing off a lot more salary adding to the value from the C's perspective and giving LAC more quality depth for a deep playoff run this year.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2013, 09:37:30 AM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
how hard can they push without giving up Blake? Not very.

Dumb

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2013, 09:45:54 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166

Because he's currently going for a ring regardless, too bad you guys don't see it.

What I see is a Celtic team that is going to use themselves up just getting to the playoffs and have nothing left in the tank. They've gone 8-2 over the past ten games and are only in seventh place, a mere five games out of the playoffs.  Right now, we would face NY in the first round.  We have split the series so far.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2013, 09:50:15 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
So if Chris Paul really wants KG will the front office throw in a first? Will they take on Bass for an expiring?

I think if the C's hear from KG that he is going to retire after the season moving Pierce and KG isn't a terrible idea. To me this deal would be the best we could get for KG so it makes sense. However, I don't think it ends up happening.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2013, 09:51:19 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

What I see is a Celtic team that is going to use themselves up just getting to the playoffs and have nothing left in the tank. They've gone 8-2 over the past ten games and are only in seventh place, a mere five games out of the playoffs.  Right now, we would face NY in the first round.  We have split the series so far.

"Use themselves up"? I think you're looking at the wrong games. So we split the series against the Knicks... and that means what?

A mere 5 games out of the playoffs? That's plenty of room, and if you think that's little, we also are just 2 games out of the 5th spot, and 3 1/2 out of the 3rd spot... and you know, 5 out of the 2nd spot.

We might be 8-2 over the last 10 games, but we're also 8-1 since Rondo went down. The only game we lost was after a back to back after a triple over time win against the hottest team in the NBA at the moment.

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2013, 10:10:58 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Well there have also been reports that VDN and the front office are split on a potential KG trade. This Woj report makes sense in that the front office's primary concern this year is keeping Paul long term with Blake. Everything else is subordinate.

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2013, 10:12:07 AM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222
KG Bass for Bledsoe Jordan Odom expiring then flip Odom Terry Melo for Josh Smith

Sign delonte and Martin and mcgrady

Bledsoe/west
Bradley/lee
Pierce/green/mcgrady
Smith/Martin/
Jordan/Collins/Wilcox

Injured: rondo sullinger barbosa
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 10:21:24 AM by celticpride07 »
Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2013, 10:12:23 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Woj's source makes complete sense. The Clippers are trying to keep their stars happy. One way to make them happy is to make a legit push for a player like KG. It doesn't mean it will happen, but you can't blame the Clips for trying.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2013, 10:30:27 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
This is from a article in regards to CP3 resigning in LA and them trying to keep him happy at all costs. Uh oh it's real this week will be very interesting.

"If Chris wants Vinny [Del Negro], he'll be the coach," one source tied to the Clippers and Paul said. "If Chris wants [Kevin Garnett], they'll push harder for it."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--chris-paul-doesn-t-need-dwight-howard-now--or-in-the-future-075249498.html
A source is needed for a statement that obvious? Source might not even have any access to information to make a statement that obvious.

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2013, 10:35:26 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2237

+1

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2013, 10:41:17 AM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Maybe when the Clips offer Griffin lol