Author Topic: Celtics close to signing T-Will to 10 day  (Read 7792 times)

Re: Celtics close to signing T-Will to 10 day
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2013, 02:06:36 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
A worthwhile experiment I think, giving us some size at the wings.

« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2013, 02:20:40 PM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Talent-wise he's a poor man's Iggy... I hope we can get the best out of him.

Maybe playing for bad/lottery teams has something to do with his immature game. Trying to show off his talents to get traded to a playoff team. Maybe once he comes in Boston, he'll stop trying to do too much and embrace his role within a team with high playoff aspirations and veteran leaders in KG and Pierce.

Anyhow, worth the risk!
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2013, 02:21:02 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I was just searching to see what Sean Williams has been up to.  Very unimprressive D league stats. Still need another big guy.

« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2013, 02:30:28 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
We shouldn't be too excited about Terrence! Lets hope this means we are trading for J-smoove & we need the extra depth. Bass, Sully & Lee.

« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2013, 02:45:36 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
We shouldn't be too excited about Terrence! Lets hope this means we are trading for J-smoove & we need the extra depth. Bass, Sully & Lee.
No, it doesn't mean anything like this. And he's not "extra depth at the wings".
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2013, 02:56:15 PM »

Offline erisred

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
Huge fan of his talent.  Glad to give him a shot
I think he's a lot like a young Gerald Wallace, with a poorer jump shot, a bit less length (but better hops), and a lot less discipline.

« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2013, 03:07:43 PM »

Offline erisred

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
I don't understand how signing a guy to a 10day contract means Green is gone.
Especially given that they play different positions.
Williams is good enough to start from a pure talent pov, but he has a long way to good to prove he's got the head to do it. In fact, he would be a great backup 2/3, but again he's got to show maturity and discipline that he has never shown in the NBA before.

Potentially, he could back up Pierce and Lee allowing Green play all his minutes at the 4. Bass becomes more expendable if that happens. Highly unlikely unless he's changed a lot since he was last in the NBA, though.

Bradley/Lee/Williams/Green/KG is potentially a *great* defensive unit that would have to run, run, run offensively.

« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2013, 03:14:37 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Williams is good enough to start from a pure talent pov, but he has a long way to good to prove he's got the head to do it. In fact, he would be a great backup 2/3, but again he's got to show maturity and discipline that he has never shown in the NBA before.

Potentially, he could back up Pierce and Lee allowing Green play all his minutes at the 4. Bass becomes more expendable if that happens. Highly unlikely unless he's changed a lot since he was last in the NBA, though.

Bradley/Lee/Williams/Green/KG is potentially a *great* defensive unit that would have to run, run, run offensively.
Um, no.

Green is not going to play minutes at the 4 because he can't really, and because we don't want him to. There is no scenario at all in which he'll start at PF.

He could have started right now if the team thought this was an option.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2013, 03:16:29 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

Um, no.

Green is not going to play minutes at the 4 because he can't really, and because we don't want him to. There is no scenario at all in which he'll start at PF.

He could have started right now if the team thought this was an option.

KG cannot "run, run, run"
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2013, 03:17:20 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80
A worthwhile experiment I think, giving us some size at the wings.

Bingo.  It's kind of funny to see all the posts reacting like we just signed a surefire future All-Star, given that he has been in the NBA before and stunk.  This isn't an overly impactful move, just Danny doing his best in an empty free agent market.  It is more likely that he doesn't pan out but it is worth a try.  Nothing more, nothing less.  A "worthwhile experiment" is the perfect terminology.  Worth a shot, that's about it.

This feels like the Dionte Christmas hysteria all over again.

« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2013, 04:13:08 PM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
It's a nice trade.In fact, it's a good trade under these circumstances.I like it, hope he get's it...

« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2013, 04:14:15 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
It's a nice trade.In fact, it's a good trade under these circumstances.I like it, hope he get's it...
trade?