Poll

Simple Question.  Do you think Ainge will trade Kevin Garnett this week?

Yes
12 (26.7%)
No
33 (73.3%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Voting closed: February 24, 2013, 02:19:40 AM

Author Topic: Will KG be traded this week?  (Read 3746 times)

Re: Will KG be traded this week?
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2013, 10:33:00 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
I think he's going to the Clippers for Bledsoe and Jordan, possibly with Jordan re-routed to ATL and Josh Smith coming to Boston.

Clippers management have categorically said that Bledsoe isn't included in a deal for KG.

Forget about bledsoe.

You believe what they say, really?

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2013, 10:34:44 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
I think he's going to the Clippers for Bledsoe and Jordan, possibly with Jordan re-routed to ATL and Josh Smith coming to Boston.

Clippers management have categorically said that Bledsoe isn't included in a deal for KG.

Forget about bledsoe.

You believe what they say, really?

Exactly. Bledsoe is the most likely to be dealt after Josh Smith.  If the Clippers want a shot at the title and to keep CP3, they will deal Bledsoe.

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2013, 10:45:30 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Literally impossible.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2013, 10:59:38 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
No because KG will not waive his no trade clause.

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2013, 10:59:38 AM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80
Literally impossible.

What makes it "literally impossible"?

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2013, 11:02:01 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Literally impossible.

The no-trade clause. KG has said many, many times he's green for good.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2013, 11:03:43 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Literally impossible.

The clippers obviously don't seem to think so. KG had also said he would not sign an extension with the celtics if the Twolves were to trade him here, and look how that worked out.

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2013, 11:05:26 AM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
Literally impossible.

That doesn't make it literally impossible.  In the history of civilization, dozens of people have changed their minds.  That doesn't make it literally impossible at all.  Actually, by very definition, that makes it possible.  Not likely, but possible.

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2013, 11:06:32 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Literally impossible.

That doesn't make it literally impossible.  In the history of civilization, dozens of people have changed their minds.  That doesn't make it literally impossible at all.  Actually, by very definition, that makes it possible.  Not likely, but possible.

It's so unlikely that I'd consider it impossible just as .99999... = 1
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2013, 11:08:06 AM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
Literally impossible.

So you mean figuratively impossible, not literally impossible.

Unlikely to happen and impossible are two different things.

For an example, the Bobcats winning the 2006-2007 NBA title is literally impossible.  That title has already been awarded.  There is literally no chance of them winning it.

The Bobcats winning the 2012-2013 NBA title is figuratively impossible.  There is figuratively no chance of them winning it.

So if Doc and Danny were to find a trade that they liked, find a location that KG liked, and begged KG to waive his no-trade clause, he still wouldn't?  Why?  I think any rational human being would, under the right circumstances.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 11:19:08 AM by celtsfan84 »

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2013, 11:09:12 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
There's a greater likelyhood DA forgets KG has a no-trade clause, submits the trade to the league office only to get laughed out of the league when KG gives the Mutumbo finger wag.

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2013, 11:09:18 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Literally impossible.

and you somehow know better than the Clippers front office? They know how KG is. He's loyal as hell, but if Ainge and the Clippers sit down and talk to him, he can very much decide to go to LA, compete for 1-2 more rings, and work near home.

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2013, 11:20:00 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Literally impossible.

and you somehow know better than the Clippers front office? They know how KG is. He's loyal as hell, but if Ainge and the Clippers sit down and talk to him, he can very much decide to go to LA, compete for 1-2 more rings, and work near home.
Hate to disappoint y'all, but the latest reports out of LAC are that they're unlikely to make any deal before the deadline.

This need some of you have to bomb this franchise back to the stone ages of the mid-2000s by trading icons for questionable talent escapes me.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2013, 11:20:54 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Literally impossible.

Hate to disappoint y'all, but the latest reports out of LAC are that they're unlikely to make any deal before the deadline.

This need some of you have to bomb this franchise back to the stone ages of the mid-2000s by trading icons for questionable talent escapes me.

I might not know the Clips' front office, but I think I know KG well enough to perceive he is a Celtic, now and forever.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2013, 11:22:20 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Literally impossible.

not disappointed at all, those reports are all posturing, business as usual this time of year. The Clippers are very likely to make a trade.