Author Topic: We absolutely should trade KG and Pierce!!!!!  (Read 13816 times)

Re: We absolutely should trade KG and Pierce!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2013, 02:25:59 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I think far to many are to young on this board to remember how holding onto Bird, Parish, and Mchale set us back a generation.  I for one do not want to watch another 10 years of that again. Please, Danny do not make the same mistake.  He of anyone should know.  I have watched the preseason this year and a few early games.  Enough to see this is a 500 team, not going anywhere.  It's like watching the Pistons die again.

KG was a champ and so was Pierce.  Players who get older never get better.  Lottery teams take many moons to rebuild.

This moment is a golden opportunity for Boston.

I was of the idea Pierce should have gone two years ago.  I was very surprised last year by the run.  That was all because of youth stepping up.  Remember where we were headed before Bradley started to assert himself.

When I see that front page letter as an open Letter I scream NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danny, please don't let it happen again.

This is the biggest BS I have seen on CelticsBlog yet.

The only youth that was there was Rondo. Aside from him, the 7 game series against the Heat was carried on the shoulders of KG/Pierce/Allen/Rondo.

Your "youth" was the players on the bench, which scored a combined total of 2 points.

Let's examine the three series in last year's playoffs:

Hawks: All KG and some Pierce - NOT YOUTH
Sixers: KG/Pierce/Rondo - NOT MUCH OF A YOUTH
Heat: KG/Pierce/Rondo/Allen - NOT MUCH OF A YOUTH

You're posting clear BS. At least get valid reasoning for your argument.

For a guy who completely ave up on this Celtics team after 20 or so games, you seem very passionate all of a sudden. (Thats right I remember, and I told you so.)

What happened? Is it because they are winning now? Riiiiiiight.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2013, 02:26:27 PM »

Offline badshar

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
Man, the thought of trading them is nauseating to me. Don't understand the lack of appreciation for loyalty. It's so rare today and, imho, that's what makes sports awesome (and the NBA much better last generation).

Get real?  It wasn't long ago we got both Garnett and Allen for teams who said the same thing.

In the NBA this loyalty thing only applies when we are looking at our own teams.

The Patriots constantly flip players to stay on top and people wage against coach B., and he always proves them wrong.

Why do you want to keep a team together that has no chance of winning a championship??????????

Sentiment only gets you years further into the future.

Why go for a slow burn?  Why not a bonfire when you know burning up is inevitable.

Better now then later.
The first bolded comment: KG wasn't happy that Timberwolves traded him. He was still loyal as crazy to them even though it was clear that they were garbage and couldn't do anything. Yet KG remained loyal and even though he was happy that Allen is also joining him along with Pierce, he was still ticked off that Timberwolves traded him, hence he dislikes that place till today.

As for Timberwolves trading them, McHale was the GM, in case you didn't know. He could have traded him to Lakers or Celtics. As a former Celtic, he decided to help his team out.

The second bolded comment: With that logic, Bobcats, Cavaliers, Kings, Hornets, Timberwolves, Suns, Bucks, Magic should all rebuild every year, since they don't have chance to win a championship this year.

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2013, 02:27:20 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
with a healthy Rondo/Sully and the team playing like they are now, it would be better than last years team IMO.

we signed KG for 3 years(with the expectation he at least play 2 of them)

I dont understand why..ok, Rondo is injured and will be back next year...but lets blow it up and trade them for mediocrity on large contracts.

paying Deandre Jordan 11million$ isnt getting us closer to a championship than having Garnett next year.

and if Garnett retires I would rather have the cap-space to sign someone rather than pay an average center large $$

I had an acl.  It takes one year to return and two to be at full form.  Look at Rose. and Brady. 

Only freek I've seen do it is Wes Welker.

and Adrian Peterson...

also, Rondo has a Partial tear which is not as severe as a full tear..his recovery wont be as long as say Rose

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2013, 02:27:38 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
I think far to many are to young on this board to remember how holding onto Bird, Parish, and Mchale set us back a generation.  I for one do not want to watch another 10 years of that again. Please, Danny do not make the same mistake.  He of anyone should know.  I have watched the preseason this year and a few early games.  Enough to see this is a 500 team, not going anywhere.  It's like watching the Pistons die again.

KG was a champ and so was Pierce.  Players who get older never get better.  Lottery teams take many moons to rebuild.

I was of the idea Pierce should have gone two years ago.  I was very surprised last year by the run.  That was all because of youth stepping up.  Remember where we were headed before Bradley started to assert himself.

When I see that front page letter as an open Letter I scream NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well since KG has a complete no trade contract it's not really Ainge's choice is it?

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2013, 02:30:13 PM »

Offline badshar

• Jaylen Brown

This is the biggest BS I have seen on CelticsBlog yet.

The only youth that was there was Rondo. Aside from him, the 7 game series against the Heat was carried on the shoulders of KG/Pierce/Allen/Rondo.

Your "youth" was the players on the bench, which scored a combined total of 2 points.

Let's examine the three series in last year's playoffs:

Hawks: All KG and some Pierce - NOT YOUTH
Sixers: KG/Pierce/Rondo - NOT MUCH OF A YOUTH
Heat: KG/Pierce/Rondo/Allen - NOT MUCH OF A YOUTH

You're posting clear BS. At least get valid reasoning for your argument.

For a guy who completely ave up on this Celtics team after 20 or so games, you seem very passionate all of a sudden. (Thats right I remember, and I told you so.)

What happened? Is it because they are winning now? Riiiiiiight.
1. I don't see how the quoted comment has anything to do with me supporting them this year.

2. I have never said that I am not a fan, but instead, out of frustration, I have said that I am losing hope on this team.

3. Its sports, any fan will become frustrated when their team loses and be happy when they are winning.

4. I don't care whether you call me a fan or a bandwagon, only I know that I am a true fan and maybe a few others.

5. Lastly, many people on this forum have said at one point or another about how much we suck and have been frustrated, but that doesn't mean they are no longer fans.

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2013, 02:31:15 PM »

Offline goz421

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 34
The winning streak now is fools gold.

Look at the schedule, and you will see why.

Large number of home games in a row.  That will change.  This team is a 500, low play off seed.  I would predict one and done.  Though they might surprise as they have before.

Even so,  Can anyone really see a championship here?

What are so many waiting for?  Another loosing streak and everyone will change their tune.

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2013, 02:34:49 PM »

Offline goz421

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 34
with a healthy Rondo/Sully and the team playing like they are now, it would be better than last years team IMO.

we signed KG for 3 years(with the expectation he at least play 2 of them)

I dont understand why..ok, Rondo is injured and will be back next year...but lets blow it up and trade them for mediocrity on large contracts.

paying Deandre Jordan 11million$ isnt getting us closer to a championship than having Garnett next year.

and if Garnett retires I would rather have the cap-space to sign someone rather than pay an average center large $$

I had an acl.  It takes one year to return and two to be at full form.  Look at Rose. and Brady. 

Only freek I've seen do it is Wes Welker.

and Adrian Peterson...

also, Rondo has a Partial tear which is not as severe as a full tear..his recovery wont be as long as say Rose

I hope your right.  I love watching Rondo play.  Let us not forget though, for every Petersen their are many more on the opposite end of the spectrum.

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2013, 02:35:14 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
If we get Josh Smith & get to keep Green,KG,Pierce,Rondo you don't blow it up. Jeff Green at the SG is intriguing because he's totally capable of playing there. Pierce can also play there & a lineup of our starters from 2-5 would be the biggest most athletic lineupin the league including the Heat. We would have to maybe talk a Marbury,T-Mac,Yi or K-Mart into signing short term for cheap but I thinks its worth the gamble because our top 5 would trump to Miami's. And going forward next year with a healthy Rondo & Sullinger we would have to be a top 4 team preaseason u can slot even as favorites. So I say stay together & improve but break it up if we are forced to stay the same as we are now, Brandon Bass as our starting PF won't get it done.

Re: We absolutely should trade KG and Peirce!!!!!
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2013, 02:36:31 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I think far to many are to young on this board to remember how holding onto Bird, Parish, and Mchale set us back a generation.

Not true.

Len Bias and Reggie Lewis dying set us back a generation.  Terrible drafting and bad management coupled with terrible ownership set us back a generation.

It had nothing to do with not trading Larry and McHale for a bunch of decent / mediocre non-stars.
I agree with this 100%. We had one of the top teams even at the end of the Bird run and they had a shot of going to the Finals. We had bad luck with are two best players dying and then a horrible run of management after that.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2013, 02:37:02 PM »

Offline badshar

• Jaylen Brown
The winning streak now is fools gold.

Look at the schedule, and you will see why.

Large number of home games in a row.  That will change.  This team is a 500, low play off seed.  I would predict one and done.  Though they might surprise as they have before.

Even so,  Can anyone really see a championship here?

What are so many waiting for?  Another loosing streak and everyone will change their tune.
Fans get frustrated when their teams lose and become happy when they win. Its nothing new.

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2013, 02:44:40 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I think at this point an argument can be made both ways.

The argument to blowing the team up is since 2008, we just haven't won a title. Now granted, fans are quick to mention injuries, crooked officiating (myself included, see 2010 finals), yada, yada.

But facts are facts. We are on a 5 year championship drought and though the Celts have been consistently competitive since 2008, they've just always come up short.

Last year was a prime example. The Celts had Miami right where they wanted them, heading into game 6. The Celts play that night was inexcusable as dominate as Lebron was. The Celtics from 2008 would've crush Miami last year in game 6. However, Pierce and KG are now 5 years older.

So hence, it's very hard to convince me we can win a title this year when we couldn't do it last year (or the year before, or the year before that.)

The argument for competing this year as (and I believe) if we can land one more big time player like Josh Smith next to KG and Pierce, that could be the difference maker to at least making ito the finals.

But the barometer should always be whether we can win a title, not just making it to the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs.

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2013, 02:47:15 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
The op is dead wrong. This is not a team of Bird, Parish, Mchale and a bunch of nobodies.

Even without KG and PP , this team could still contend for the 6th to 8th place and make the playoffs. That is like being one big or two more key pieces away from having a chance to make some noise.

Without KG and PP

Starting: Sully - Bass - Green - Bradley - Rondo
Bench: Lee- Melo - Jet - Barbosa - 2 Forward pickups

Again this would be still a very good team. If you take away bass , place him on the bench and get an elite PF/Sf, you got a very good team that is not rebuild quality.

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2013, 02:51:09 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
The op is dead wrong. This is not a team of Bird, Parish, Mchale and a bunch of nobodies.

Even without KG and PP , this team could still contend for the 6th to 8th place and make the playoffs. That is like being one big or two more key pieces away from having a chance to make some noise.

Without KG and PP

Again this would be still a very good team. If you take away bass , place him on the bench and get an elite PF/Sf, you got a very good team that is not rebuild quality.
Lotteryland.

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2013, 02:54:44 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I'm completely torn on this issue.  At moments, I think of the valuable hauls we could amass for Pierce and/or Garnett, and I think, let's do it.  At other times, watching these guys play, I think, let's hang on to KG and the Truth for as long as they can still play.  Watching those two old masters is truly a treat.

I've resigned myself to not having any expectations for what this team will look like on February 21st.  This is an intense time to be a fan.  I can't wait for February 22nd.

I must be seeing something different.  I can't stand to watch this team.  You never know when they are going to blow a 20 plus point lead.  Their lack of consistency is so infuriating, and any way you want to shake it, it's due to age, and asking to much of these individuals at this stage of their career.

Yup.  I guess we must be seeing different things. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2013, 02:54:49 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

Without KG and PP

Lotteryland.

Yea seriously, thats a starting lineup of rondo snd role players....