Author Topic: Spears and Wojo confirm Celtics and Clippers talking KG  (Read 33438 times)

Re: Spears and Wojo confirm Celtics and Clippers talking KG
« Reply #240 on: February 18, 2013, 01:16:54 PM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145
Also, Bledsoe is an excellent rebounder for a guard, FWIW.

I mean, really? What else are you guys expecting in a trade for KG? Who will trade better blue chip prospects for a declining 36-37 year old who is going to retire soon?

« Reply #241 on: February 18, 2013, 01:17:48 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
On DeAndre Jordan: He is an excellent rebounder, defender, shot blocker and athlete to boot. I chuckle at the folks who say his only offensive ability is to throw down lobs...as if that's an easy offensive ability that should be dismissed outright.

Bledsoe can get to the rim at will, is a good defender and has improved his shooting. Bledsoe can't shoot, either.

SMH at threads like this.

People understand that this team isn't going anywhere right now? And doesn't have many, if any, trade pieces?
The issue is that he's not a great defender, and offensively he is rather limited. This is why his minutes are so limited and why people are hesisitant to trade for him.
Well said. Calling him an excellent defender is wildly off base.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #242 on: February 18, 2013, 01:19:40 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
On DeAndre Jordan: He is an excellent rebounder, defender, shot blocker and athlete to boot. I chuckle at the folks who say his only offensive ability is to throw down lobs...as if that's an easy offensive ability that should be dismissed outright.

Bledsoe can get to the rim at will, is a good defender and has improved his shooting. Bledsoe can't shoot, either.

People understand that this team isn't going anywhere right now? And doesn't have many, if any, trade pieces?
The issue is that he's not a great defender, and offensively he is rather limited. This is why his minutes are so limited and why people are hesisitant to trade for him.

In my opinion, Jordan is really just an athletic Stiemsma.  That's all he is.

« Reply #243 on: February 18, 2013, 01:22:40 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584

Bledsoe can get to the rim at will, is a good defender and has improved his shooting.

...I am sure that those of us who do not "understand" will be enlightened by those of us who do. 
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #244 on: February 18, 2013, 01:24:24 PM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
It's up to KG and he said No. Let's move on.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #245 on: February 18, 2013, 01:27:36 PM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145

Hey guys, I know facts are a little tough to accept sometimes when it goes against your pre-conceived narrative but let's start here:

The Clippers give up 104.7 points per 100 possessions with Bledsoe off the court. 101.8 with him on it.

Of course he's not going to get much time in this backcourt. VDN has traditionally always trusted veterans and on a team with the best point guard in the league, Billups, Crawford and Willie Green, of course he will only get 20 minutes a game.

According to 82games, the second best line up for the Clippers outside of the starting line up:  Bledsoe-Crawford-Barnes-Odom-Turiaf.

EDIT: I'm a moron and didn't read who you were talking about. You were all referring to Jordan. Not Bledsoe.

« Reply #246 on: February 18, 2013, 01:28:52 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
It's up to KG and he said No. Let's move on.

Yes but if Danny came to KG and said "we have a direction we'd like to go to rebuild and we are going to be shipping you and Paul to contenders in the process" I doubt KG would say "Nah bro im staying".