Poll

Are we making a major trade? If so, which is most likely of the following...

Rondo for Dwight Howard
7 (8.9%)
Jeff Green and Bass for Josh Smith
18 (22.8%)
Kevin Garnett for Bledsloe and De Andre Jordan
11 (13.9%)
Sullinger, Bass, Lee+pick (or Melo) for Josh Smith
12 (15.2%)
Paul Pierce traded (Warriors or Clippers most likely?)
1 (1.3%)
No trades, we stay the course and wait till Rondo is healthy and go hard next season
30 (38%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Author Topic: What is Danny up to? Which trade is most likely? (vote)  (Read 5806 times)

Re: What is Danny up to? Which trade is most likely? (vote)
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2013, 02:08:01 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
everyone is terrified of signing Smith for 15-16 million. Who cares? He's worth more than 12 million. Look at his numbers. Put him in a good system with an elite passing PG and watch him flourish.
We have a tiny window with KG and Pierce and Rondo. Throw him in the mix and we are a serious threat to them for 2 years. Even then when KG and Pierce come off the books we have 2 All Star caliber players.
Playing with Rondo and getting the exposure that the Celtics give an NBA players means Smith will be an All Star for the next 5 seasons getting lobs from Rondo and coaching from Doc.

So what we pay him an extra 2-3 million a year to have him here. If we are going to give Pierce and KG a real shot at another title we need him.

Exactly , I made this exact thread earlier. Get Smith, he actually want to play here, is friends with the c's players, even going as far as to fly to LA to play flag football with them.

He gives us that interior **** blocking/rebounding force we need to save kg's legs, and like you said , he has never played with such good passers as kg,pp and rondo in his life. He wouldn't play with the ball in his hands as much as he has in atlanta.

I am keeping my fingers crossed

Yeah I agree 100%. I do understand why people are worried about him, from certain parts of his stats and shooting issues. But he's a serious addition on both ends of the floor and can bang in the paint with the best of them.
Danny will obviously target better shooters and getting Smith means we really need some solid shooting from our guards and 3.
Lets hope Green, Avery and Rondo can step up from 15 feet consistently.
The most exciting part about adding Smith would be our defensive power. We'd have Smith guarding the rim with KG on the bench and if we keep Green, we'd be able to put Smith, Pierce and Green on Lebron for a playoff series which would give us much more room to keep Pierce fresh for late games and out of trouble.

It looks like in your scenario, we managed to get Smith without giving up any of Rondo, Garnett, Pierce, Bradley or Green. 

I'm in!!  Get it done, Danny!!
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2013, 09:38:39 AM »

Offline tyrone biggums

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
Josh Smith wants to be in Boston and to play with his good buddy Rondo. I think a deal with Smith/a body for Bass/Green and a pick is the most likely. Even still they'll make a trade even if its a deal to trade for a no name big, Ainge just won't do any 3-1 deals since he already has a small roster to begin with.

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2013, 12:23:26 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
If Josh Smith wants to be on the Celtics so bad, I am sure Danny can swing a nice deal in the offseason for him.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2013, 12:26:16 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Josh Smith wants to be in Boston and to play with his good buddy Rondo.

Josh Smith probably wants to score 20ppg and thinks his buddy Rondo will pass him the rock often enough to allow him to do so.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2013, 12:29:09 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243

Josh Smith probably wants to score 20ppg and thinks his buddy Rondo will pass him the rock often enough to allow him to do so.

Josh Smith has to commit to defense first before Coach Doc lets him see the floor. You don't just walk in and score 20 ppg with the Celtics.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2013, 12:46:18 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

Josh Smith has to commit to defense first before Coach Doc lets him see the floor. You don't just walk in and score 20 ppg with the Celtics.
so one of the best and athletic defenders in the league has to commit to defense? Ok....

« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2013, 12:52:28 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

so one of the best and athletic defenders in the league has to commit to defense? Ok....

Your offensive stats ALWAYS go down with the Celtics. Tell me one player who averaged MORE PPG after moving to Boston... it's our pace. As long as they fit, it doesn't matter they keep their same PPG as before. We emphasize D and we don't score 110PPG.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"