Author Topic: Bledsoe ,Millsap deal being discussed . Kg related talk  (Read 3569 times)

Bledsoe ,Millsap deal being discussed . Kg related talk
« on: February 17, 2013, 09:11:01 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

Sources with knowledge of the situation told ESPN.com late Saturday that there is a level of mutual interest between the Clippers and Utah Jazz in exploring a deal that would feature Bledsoe as the headliner in a trade package for Jazz forward Paul Millsap.

Although two sources with knowledge of the Clippers' thinking insisted during All-Star Weekend that Bledsoe would not be moved in coming days and strongly predicted that L.A. would stand pat, two other sources indicated that the Clippers and Jazz will at least discuss the feasibility of a trade headlined by Bledsoe and Millsap before the deadline.

The Boston Celtics have expressed the league's most well-chronicled interest in trading for Bledsoe, through a deal that would require Celtics forward Kevin Garnett to waive his no-trade clause so Boston could send Garnett to L.A. for Bledsoe and either young center DeAndre Jordan or veteran forward Caron Butler.

In an interview Friday with ESPN Radio, Garnett said: "[Celtics president of basketball operations] Danny [Ainge], since Day 1, even when Ray (Allen) was here, the first day we got there he always told us he would do whatever he had to do to make the team better, he wouldn't put guys above the team. That was the foundation and we all understood that, never had a problem with it. I've always told him where I was as far as being a Celtic. My expectations were not to come back to be traded. We both understand that, but this is a business and you have to understand that.

"It's my preference (that) I will retire a Celtic and be buried in green and that's where it stands. As far as the organization, where they feel they want to go, their visions for the future, I can't speak on that. You have to ask them that. For right now, this is what it is. If it changes, I'll have to deal with that."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8956469/los-angeles-clippers-utah-jazz-talk-eric-bledsoe-paul-millsap-sources-say
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 09:16:04 AM by rondohondo »

Re: Bledsoe ,Millsap deal being discussed . Kg related talk
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 09:35:21 AM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
Bledsoe and Butler for Milsap works. That would be pretty good for the Clippers and the Jazz would have about 7 PG's on their roster.

I think all this KG trade talk is coming from the Clippers. They are aggressively trying to convince KG to drop his no trade clause for them so they can go to Ainge and say, "See, KG said he'll leave your team. So just do the deal."

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 09:52:35 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
If we moved KG for Bledsoe/Jordan and turned Bledsoe (and filler) into Milsap, it starts to look better IMO.

Rondo
AB
PP/Green
Milsap
Jordan

Turn PP into a scoring SG?

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 10:00:14 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Hmm... interesting. Piecing together some rumors this could be a strong possibility

Boston Receives: Pau Milsap, DeAndre Jordan
Boston Sends: Kevin Garnett, Brandon Bass

Utah Receives: Eric Bledsoe, Lamar Odom (buyout)
Utah Sends: Paul Milsap

LAC Receives: Kevin Garnett, Brandon Bass
LAC Sends: Deandre Jordan, Eric Bledsoe, Lamar Odom

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=ctouftg

I really want to keep Garnett, but those are two really good assets for him PLUS you'd be getting out of Brandon Bass' contract.

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 10:05:23 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Hmm... interesting. Piecing together some rumors this could be a strong possibility

I really want to keep Garnett, but those are two really good assets for him PLUS you'd be getting out of Brandon Bass' contract.

Nice creative thinking here. My issue is that Bledsoe is the most valuable asset, and doesn't end up with the Cs. I think Ainge would want him for Garnett.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 10:11:59 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

Nice creative thinking here. My issue is that Bledsoe is the most valuable asset, and doesn't end up with the Cs. I think Ainge would want him for Garnett.

True, but at the same time - what are you going to do with him? Overall, he's probably a better player (certainly has a much higher ceiling) than Bradley but I think his lack of a jump shot means he can't play alongside Rondo. And I've got no faith in a Bledsoe/Bradley pairing.

Millsap on the other hand is a perfect fit for Rondo - he has an OK post game, good midrange shooter and can get out and run in transition. 

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 10:13:33 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Let's hope the Milsap for Bledsoe and filler happens soon.

Then we won't have to listen to anymore KG trade speculation.

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 10:16:22 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Been calling for this one for a little over a month.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 10:18:50 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Millsap is almost 30 by the way, not like he is a prospect anymore. He is basically a better rebounding Jeff Green.

If the c's trade kg for bledsoe and jordan or millsap, they would then try to flip Rondo with jordan or millsap to try and land a star like howard. So it woukd essentially be rondo and kg for bledsoe and howard

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2013, 10:25:32 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Or maybe the Millsap deal is percolating because Garnett isn't waiving his no trade?

Ainge isn't going to move a Celtics icon for a healthier, slightly - slightly - more talented and overpaid version of TBKP.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013, 10:30:54 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

True, but at the same time - what are you going to do with him? Overall, he's probably a better player (certainly has a much higher ceiling) than Bradley but I think his lack of a jump shot means he can't play alongside Rondo. And I've got no faith in a Bledsoe/Bradley pairing.

Millsap on the other hand is a perfect fit for Rondo - he has an OK post game, good midrange shooter and can get out and run in transition.

I think you're underestimating Bledsoe a bit. He's improved his shooting dramatically. He's a nice building block for a team like the Cs -- highly conceivable theyd keep him and trade Rondo for a young scorer. If not, Bledsoe is a very tradable asset.

Millsap is terrific, but you're going to have to pay the lad. Then you have your whole cap is invested in Rondo, Green, Millsap, Jordan, Lee, etc. Smells like a good but not great team.  I can see taking Jordan at his age, but if we're going to regroup I'd take Bledsoe over Millsap.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2013, 10:35:46 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
Or maybe the Millsap deal is percolating because Garnett isn't waiving his no trade?

Ainge isn't going to move a Celtics icon for a healthier, slightly - slightly - more talented and overpaid version of TBKP.

I doubt KGs comments have stopped the discussions between BOS n LAC.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2013, 11:21:10 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

Totally disagree.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2013, 02:12:32 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

Totally disagree.

It seems from KGs comments that he and Ainge haven't specifically talked about the Clippers possibility or any others yet.... Ainge won't approach KG or Pierce until he's sure he feels he should trade them based on offers that actually appeal to him (of course, if at all).
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2013, 02:31:07 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359

I think you're underestimating Bledsoe a bit. He's improved his shooting dramatically. He's a nice building block for a team like the Cs -- highly conceivable theyd keep him and trade Rondo for a young scorer. If not, Bledsoe is a very tradable asset.

Millsap is terrific, but you're going to have to pay the lad. Then you have your whole cap is invested in Rondo, Green, Millsap, Jordan, Lee, etc. Smells like a good but not great team.  I can see taking Jordan at his age, but if we're going to regroup I'd take Bledsoe over Millsap.

honestly, I think this whole board is overrating bledsoe...did anyone watch the games he started for them when CP3 is out?? he was horrible and that team stunk with him at the helm.

the idea that he can replace an all-star like Rondo is just rediculous