Poll

Are we making a major trade? If so, which is most likely of the following...

Rondo for Dwight Howard
7 (8.9%)
Jeff Green and Bass for Josh Smith
18 (22.8%)
Kevin Garnett for Bledsloe and De Andre Jordan
11 (13.9%)
Sullinger, Bass, Lee+pick (or Melo) for Josh Smith
12 (15.2%)
Paul Pierce traded (Warriors or Clippers most likely?)
1 (1.3%)
No trades, we stay the course and wait till Rondo is healthy and go hard next season
30 (38%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Author Topic: What is Danny up to? Which trade is most likely? (vote)  (Read 5815 times)

What is Danny up to? Which trade is most likely? (vote)
« on: February 17, 2013, 06:31:22 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Danny Ainge is up to something- this is obvious.
We've got multiple reports from legit reporters talking about the Celtics going after some huge players.
Ainge is putting anyone and everyone on the block

*Rondo for Howard I'm not so sure, although the guy who dropped this one has had some decent rumors turn out to be legit. I'm pretty sure he broke that the lockout was over.

*KG for Bledsloe+Jordan, this sounds like Danny swinging for the fences and has been touted by Adrian Woj- one of the premier insiders of the NBA. Danny is always active and he's definitely been on the phone. I just think KG won't ever approve it and now the pressure is on Danny to get a Josh Smith deal done.

*Bass and Green for Smith... I can see this happening and Smith most likely wants to come to Boston.
It makes sense because when Danny signed these two to the money they're on, it combined perfectly for a max deal type player in a trade (salary wise). The problem with this deal is that Ferry doesn't want another Marvin Williams and Bass is a long term deal. Still they are both good trade chips for Ferry and he could get some nice picks for these two down the road.

*Sullinger, Bass, Lee+pick (or Melo) for Josh Smith
To me this seems the most likely. I think Danny wants Green+Smith for a future. Bass is expendable and Sully is great but he's a great trade chip and we don't know what his back will be like. Might be giving up too much, but Ferry would probably be happy with Sully+Melo + a pick for the future and would take Bass back to make the money work.

*Pierce to Clippers, Warriors or Memphis.
Seems unlikely, in fact the only way I see Pierce moved is if Rondo went for Howard and we sent Pierce out too to bring back Nash? Nash has no trade clause I think. I'm not sure how KG would react either. Seems the most unlikely by far.

So what do you think Danny is up to and do you think we'll see a major move made this week before the deadline? I do. Most likely something like Green+Bass for Josh Smith or Sully, Bass and Lee for Josh Smith and DeShaun Stevenson.

I think we need Green to backup Pierce and as I've mentioned in another thread, an attack of Pierce, Smith and Green would be a huge match up advantage for us come playoff time. How would Miami guard us?

What do you think?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 06:39:39 AM by chambers »
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Re: What is Danny up to? Which trade is most likely? (vote)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 06:48:11 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
Only do Rondo trade if Howard signs long term
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 06:58:22 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
Also I love KG but getting Bledsoe and Jordan would be great for the future. Just hate to see KG go but has a great chance of winning a title in LA plus his home is in Malibu. I would let him decide
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 08:03:08 AM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
We have only 10 healthy bodies. So we're not sending out any two players to bring in one, unless there are multiple trades(a distinct poss.)!
If either KG or PP goes, the other goes too! And probably JET as well. And probably RR(but most likely this off season). And might as well throw in Sully too, as his career will now be troubled and likely short, following major back surgery!
I just can't believe DA(or really any RESPONSIBLE GM) would just play this out, if they could deal these valuable CHIPS to get a great jump on rebuilding.
Danny has never been afraid to take a big leap, so we'll see together this week!!!!

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 08:52:49 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
I don't think any trades happen. Even tho Id love for the josh smith trade to go down. Id rather keep green over lee.

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 08:56:12 AM »

Offline relja

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
  • heart, hustle and muscle
Danny Ainge is up to something- this is obvious.
We've got multiple reports from legit reporters talking about the Celtics going after some huge players.
Ainge is putting anyone and everyone on the block

*Rondo for Howard I'm not so sure, although the guy who dropped this one has had some decent rumors turn out to be legit. I'm pretty sure he broke that the lockout was over.

*KG for Bledsloe+Jordan, this sounds like Danny swinging for the fences and has been touted by Adrian Woj- one of the premier insiders of the NBA. Danny is always active and he's definitely been on the phone. I just think KG won't ever approve it and now the pressure is on Danny to get a Josh Smith deal done.

*Bass and Green for Smith... I can see this happening and Smith most likely wants to come to Boston.
It makes sense because when Danny signed these two to the money they're on, it combined perfectly for a max deal type player in a trade (salary wise). The problem with this deal is that Ferry doesn't want another Marvin Williams and Bass is a long term deal. Still they are both good trade chips for Ferry and he could get some nice picks for these two down the road.

*Sullinger, Bass, Lee+pick (or Melo) for Josh Smith
To me this seems the most likely. I think Danny wants Green+Smith for a future. Bass is expendable and Sully is great but he's a great trade chip and we don't know what his back will be like. Might be giving up too much, but Ferry would probably be happy with Sully+Melo + a pick for the future and would take Bass back to make the money work.

*Pierce to Clippers, Warriors or Memphis.
Seems unlikely, in fact the only way I see Pierce moved is if Rondo went for Howard and we sent Pierce out too to bring back Nash? Nash has no trade clause I think. I'm not sure how KG would react either. Seems the most unlikely by far.

So what do you think Danny is up to and do you think we'll see a major move made this week before the deadline? I do. Most likely something like Green+Bass for Josh Smith or Sully, Bass and Lee for Josh Smith and DeShaun Stevenson.

I think we need Green to backup Pierce and as I've mentioned in another thread, an attack of Pierce, Smith and Green would be a huge match up advantage for us come playoff time. How would Miami guard us?

What do you think?

the corpse of Steve Nash? No thank you.
When you lose, the easy part is to see who gives up. Giving up is very simple. You basically take your stuff and walk away. To continue to work and to continue to compete is one of the most difficult things, especially when you really don't have anything - KG

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 09:21:44 AM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
Bass, Sullinger, Fab Melo and a first for Josh Smith is the only deal I see Danny Ainge wanting to make. Although I'm still not sure if the money works there. If the rumored deal of Humphries and Brooks was gonna go down, I see no reason why Atlanta wouldnt take Boston's deal more. Sullinger and Bass are both better players than Humphries, and they'd get a first round pick that might be better than the Nets this offseason. Marshon Brooks is a nonfactor in that deal, he's clearly a volume scorer when he's onna bad team taking all the shots.

If Atlanta doesnt take that deal from Boston, I see Danny Ainge having a hard time parting with Green. He seems enamored with the kids talent, and game and I don't know if he's willing to give him up.

I think I would do it, but I'm not sure the talent gap between Smith and Green is as big as some would think. Smith wil always be a be a better rebounder which is a pretty big upgrade.

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 10:17:22 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2237
Bass, Sullinger, Fab Melo and a first for Josh Smith is the only deal I see Danny Ainge wanting to make. Although I'm still not sure if the money works there. If the rumored deal of Humphries and Brooks was gonna go down, I see no reason why Atlanta wouldnt take Boston's deal more. Sullinger and Bass are both better players than Humphries, and they'd get a first round pick that might be better than the Nets this offseason. Marshon Brooks is a nonfactor in that deal, he's clearly a volume scorer when he's onna bad team taking all the shots.

If Atlanta doesnt take that deal from Boston, I see Danny Ainge having a hard time parting with Green. He seems enamored with the kids talent, and game and I don't know if he's willing to give him up.

I think I would do it, but I'm not sure the talent gap between Smith and Green is as big as some would think. Smith wil always be a be a better rebounder which is a pretty big upgrade.

Bucks rumored to be offering Jennings and Ilyasova. That potentially (if it's true) ups the ante for JSmoove.

We're down bodies. Not sure I'm willing to give up more than Green and filler for Smith.

In light of that, if the Fakers are willing to give up D12 for Rondo and Bass, I'm all over that.

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 10:20:29 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
My guess: Nothing happens.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2013, 10:35:55 AM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Only do Rondo trade if Howard signs long term

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013, 11:56:48 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Stand pat

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2013, 11:59:43 AM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
Just call me when all of this is over

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2013, 12:00:05 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Bucks rumored to be offering Jennings and Ilyasova. That potentially (if it's true) ups the ante for JSmoove.
If Milwaukee could do that deal for Monta instead of Jennings, I'd love it for Milwaukee.

PG: Jennings
SG:
SF: Mbah a Moute
PF: Josh Smith
C:  Larry Sanders

Add a strong scorer at shooting guard. Maybe even a Kevin Martin type. That is a pretty nice team. Continue to develop Larry Sanders. If Sanders turns into a high level defensive center, that team could be a really tough team to face in the playoffs. Potentially the best defensive team in the league 2-3 years down the road.

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2013, 12:05:48 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

We're down bodies. Not sure I'm willing to give up more than Green and filler for Smith.

In light of that, if the Fakers are willing to give up D12 for Rondo and Bass, I'm all over that.

And why would Smith ever consider re-signing with the bucks?  They would basically be a little worse than the Hawks are right now.

It's pretty clear to me that smith is going to do everything in his power to land with the c's. I mean the guy even flew to LA to hang out with the c's this summer.

This deal has been in the works for months imo, he is trying to force his way to the c's by telling atlanta he won't resign, and have the c's at the top of his wish list

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2013, 12:35:49 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

And why would Smith ever consider re-signing with the bucks?  They would basically be a little worse than the Hawks are right now.

It's pretty clear to me that smith is going to do everything in his power to land with the c's. I mean the guy even flew to LA to hang out with the c's this summer.

This deal has been in the works for months imo, he is trying to force his way to the c's by telling atlanta he won't resign, and have the c's at the top of his wish list

If he really wants to do everything in his power to sign with us, he needs to tell everyone he won't resign unless hes traded to the c's. I don't think it happens but man Id be so excited if it did.