Poll

Are we making a major trade? If so, which is most likely of the following...

Rondo for Dwight Howard
7 (8.9%)
Jeff Green and Bass for Josh Smith
18 (22.8%)
Kevin Garnett for Bledsloe and De Andre Jordan
11 (13.9%)
Sullinger, Bass, Lee+pick (or Melo) for Josh Smith
12 (15.2%)
Paul Pierce traded (Warriors or Clippers most likely?)
1 (1.3%)
No trades, we stay the course and wait till Rondo is healthy and go hard next season
30 (38%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Author Topic: What is Danny up to? Which trade is most likely? (vote)  (Read 5807 times)

Re: What is Danny up to? Which trade is most likely? (vote)
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2013, 12:43:23 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I fear the trades that we haven't heard about.

I think Danny is going to try blow this team sky high.

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2013, 12:50:59 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I hoping for Green/Bass for Smith

Fearing anything that sends out KG/Pierce.

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2013, 01:01:15 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
I predict picking up a minor player or two , possibly by trade. 

No major trade till Rondo returns and his health is evaluated....unless Smith forces his way on to the Celtics with a deal DA can pass up.

Jet KG and Pierce are here until next year to see what a ...rebuilt... Rondo plays like ......and Sully too.

This time next year maybe diff. , if the C's aren't competitive ., some of these changes will happen.

Clear heads will prevail.

KG will remain .

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2013, 01:02:04 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 864
  • GOT IT!!!
Out of all the trades I would say acquiring Josh Smith would be the most likely. C's could add a FA to replace the additional body they lost.

Who knows with Ainge though.

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2013, 01:26:01 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
The most unrealistic trade is rondo for Howard.  The lakers are nearly dumb enough to make that trade.  No GM in the league would make that trade if they were the lakers.

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2013, 02:10:46 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
And why would Smith ever consider re-signing with the bucks?  They would basically be a little worse than the Hawks are right now.

It's pretty clear to me that smith is going to do everything in his power to land with the c's. I mean the guy even flew to LA to hang out with the c's this summer.

This deal has been in the works for months imo, he is trying to force his way to the c's by telling atlanta he won't resign, and have the c's at the top of his wish list

My read of Smith is that he would prefer getting a max contract and being the #1 scoring option to playing with Rondo on the Celtics and being in a better position to win a title, if coming to Boston means less money and less touches.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2013, 02:35:06 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
i think JG and BB for Smith
which I'm not thrilled about,  but I feel like that's the most realistic if he's keeping PP and KG

However, if he's not, then all these are feasible minus the Josh Smith one.

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2013, 03:00:12 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Green and Bass for Smith is the only deal that makes sense for the C's; but you have to convince Atlanta that it is worth their while. Green is a better defender than Smith in our system. Smith is better than Bass for sure. Smith is a turnover machine and would drive Doc crazy; but yes I say with Pierce and Garnett, Smith is a good fit - too bad Rondo will not be in the mix till next season.

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2013, 03:44:52 PM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 23
STOP PEOPLE STOP PIPE DREAMING

what makes you think danny will give smith a max contract
smith said he wants max contract 16million? oh my gosh
i like jeff green anytime any day, you will see how good he is when pierce retire...
better stay in this team or see him dunking in your face josh smith, in atlanta

not gonna happen,

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2013, 04:12:55 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I think there'll b s trade, just none of the ones listed. Most make no sense. Eg Rondo and DH have very different salaries. That trade will never happen bc it isn't allowed.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2013, 07:42:25 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Only do Rondo trade if Howard signs long term

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2013, 10:37:24 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
everyone is terrified of signing Smith for 15-16 million. Who cares? He's worth more than 12 million. Look at his numbers. Put him in a good system with an elite passing PG and watch him flourish.
We have a tiny window with KG and Pierce and Rondo. Throw him in the mix and we are a serious threat to them for 2 years. Even then when KG and Pierce come off the books we have 2 All Star caliber players.
Playing with Rondo and getting the exposure that the Celtics give an NBA players means Smith will be an All Star for the next 5 seasons getting lobs from Rondo and coaching from Doc.

So what we pay him an extra 2-3 million a year to have him here. If we are going to give Pierce and KG a real shot at another title we need him.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2013, 10:44:18 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
everyone is terrified of signing Smith for 15-16 million. Who cares? He's worth more than 12 million. Look at his numbers. Put him in a good system with an elite passing PG and watch him flourish.
We have a tiny window with KG and Pierce and Rondo. Throw him in the mix and we are a serious threat to them for 2 years. Even then when KG and Pierce come off the books we have 2 All Star caliber players.
Playing with Rondo and getting the exposure that the Celtics give an NBA players means Smith will be an All Star for the next 5 seasons getting lobs from Rondo and coaching from Doc.

So what we pay him an extra 2-3 million a year to have him here. If we are going to give Pierce and KG a real shot at another title we need him.

Exactly , I made this exact thread earlier. Get Smith, he actually want to play here, is friends with the c's players, even going as far as to fly to LA to play flag football with them.

He gives us that interior Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. blocking/rebounding force we need to save kg's legs, and like you said , he has never played with such good passers as kg,pp and rondo in his life. He wouldn't play with the ball in his hands as much as he has in atlanta.

I am keeping my fingers crossed

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2013, 01:35:21 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

Exactly , I made this exact thread earlier. Get Smith, he actually want to play here, is friends with the c's players, even going as far as to fly to LA to play flag football with them.

He gives us that interior **** blocking/rebounding force we need to save kg's legs, and like you said , he has never played with such good passers as kg,pp and rondo in his life. He wouldn't play with the ball in his hands as much as he has in atlanta.

I am keeping my fingers crossed

Yeah I agree 100%. I do understand why people are worried about him, from certain parts of his stats and shooting issues. But he's a serious addition on both ends of the floor and can bang in the paint with the best of them.
Danny will obviously target better shooters and getting Smith means we really need some solid shooting from our guards and 3.
Lets hope Green, Avery and Rondo can step up from 15 feet consistently.
The most exciting part about adding Smith would be our defensive power. We'd have Smith guarding the rim with KG on the bench and if we keep Green, we'd be able to put Smith, Pierce and Green on Lebron for a playoff series which would give us much more room to keep Pierce fresh for late games and out of trouble.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2013, 02:06:34 AM »

Offline celticsleyte

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 9
I would hate to see our veterans go but it is really the time to buy low on Dwight Howard.