Author Topic: Do You Think Jeff Green Can Still Be Better,.. Or Just Trade Him For Josh Smith?  (Read 13626 times)

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Is it really necessary to open threads that are pretty much parallel to already ongoing discussions?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45
Jeff Green at 9 mil per season > Josh Smith on a max-deal

I would rather have the other 6-9 million that Smith would take up on the cap, to add an additional talented piece to the ROSTER. Unless the guy is top 5 at his position, why pay him a max deal?

Josh Smith is neither a top 5 PF or top 5 SF in the NBA right now, IMO. He would be great to have, and if we got him in the offseason in a sign and trade involving Green and Bass, or agrees now to certain future terms, then it would be a worthwhile move.

I want no part of Josh Smith under the premise that he makes max-money.

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
I have always said that Jeff Green has the capability to be one of the top SF's in the league and be in the same class as LeBron, Durant, Carmelo and I will continue to say that.

I would love it if we can have Smith without giving up Green, but I guess that is very very unlikely.

Although, that's the best thing that can happen.

The same class as Lebron, Durant and Carmelo? You certainly forgot to use the sarcasm font, right?

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
Is it really necessary to open threads that are pretty much parallel to already ongoing discussions?

Absolutely so Celticsblog can keep hating on the players

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429

Who is being hated on in this thread? Just curious.

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Wrong thread

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
He can be better without Pierce. MORE PT
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen

Not yet but most other threads end up critiquing the players.

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I would like to acquire Smith without moving Green. Hope that happens.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
a few months this trade would of been a no brainer. Right now, hell no . Jeff Green is here to stay

I don't know what happened, but he finally "got it" and is playing like he is possessed.

He has tremendous skills, body, and using baseball terminology is like a 5 tool player. Dominating on defense and on offense he is just 80 percent activated. If paul wasn't here, i'm sure he is capable of doing more (maybe even more than he even knew). Shot has improved

He just has no fear out there and playing agressive. Has this , guys i'll carry you on my back or i'll make you get out of your seat Celts fans attitude. Its awesome. At this rate, 9 million dollar a year looks a bargain for this guy

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I would like to acquire Smith without moving Green. Hope that happens.

In order to do such a deal this season we would have to give up too many players.  We can only take on (at most) $1mil in incoming salary.  Smith is currently making $13.2mil.

Trading Green is likely our only chance, unless we are trading KG/Pierce.  As it is, trading Green would still require one of Bass/Lee/Terry to match salaries.

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Can I vote neither long term? 

Both are good players.  But both end up being overpayed for a team rebuilding. 

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen

Not yet but most other threads end up critiquing the players.

Misread.

Rondo, Green, Lee...even the old guys...every thread turns into someone suggesting a trade or complaining about the players.

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
The thing with Josh smith is that I wouldn't want to pay him near max money at all.

This is the important point with Josh Smith.  All things being equal, it is a nobrainer trade.  But all things are not equal.  Smith is a free agent this summer.  He wants to get paid.  I am not sure what the Celtics could offer him but no doubt there are many teams that can offer him more.  He does not seem like the type of guy who is going to take less to play in Boston.

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I think Green is/will get better. I agree with some of the other posters about keeping Green and getting Smith. Those two paired together could have real potential. Down side is it would probably take PP to make that happen so it would depend on what Danny's plan was.