Author Topic: Do You Think Jeff Green Can Still Be Better,.. Or Just Trade Him For Josh Smith?  (Read 13643 times)

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 23

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
Jet Green could become a LOT better...a lot more consistant....he IS just one season back from MAJOR surgery....he has plenty of talent and ability to become VERY good...sometimes he looks like James Worthy....sometimes he looks like he is not Worthy......another year more..he can be great, or almost a star....he has the potential......and is bringing it sometimes..!

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
If we could get Josh Smith as part of a Jeff Green trade, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
The thing with Josh smith is that I wouldn't want to pay him near max money at all.

I think thats what he's looking for and I think that would be one of the worst decisions ever for us to make. Besides him not being good enough to earn that i just don't like his mental capacity that much either. He's not tough. Didn't he sit out the end of a playoff game last year and then miss the next one for what seemed like a minor injury? I mean he came back and played a game later but still kind of embarrassing if you ask me

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2237
If we could get Josh Smith as part of a Jeff Green trade, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Me too.

While I think Green is going to improve, our window doesn't allow us to wait for that. We need help now, and Smith gives us the rebounding and rim protection we need now.

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288

Me too.

While I think Green is going to improve, our window doesn't allow us to wait for that. We need help now, and Smith gives us the rebounding and rim protection we need now.

Since this isn't in a vaccuum I'm assuming both of you would extend him the full max which he reportedly is asking for?

Or would you just want him for a rental this season?

If you are talking in a vaccum I'll take Smith but when you factor in paying him a max contract I think it's a no brainer that you can't do that.

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
Green is still recovering from heart surgery.

So yes. He can still be better.

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
I think he will improve, maybe stats slightly ,    but he is starting to become a better all around contributor ,  I hope this continues,   he seems truly happy as a Celtic,   hope he sticks.........if not I could live with Smith, always liked his game too.

Offline badshar

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
I have always said that Jeff Green has the capability to be one of the top SF's in the league and be in the same class as LeBron, Durant, Carmelo and I will continue to say that.

I would love it if we can have Smith without giving up Green, but I guess that is very very unlikely.

Although, that's the best thing that can happen.

Offline badshar

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72

Me too.

Since this isn't in a vaccuum I'm assuming both of you would extend him the full max which he reportedly is asking for?

Or would you just want him for a rental this season?

If you are talking in a vaccum I'll take Smith but when you factor in paying him a max contract I think it's a no brainer that you can't do that.
Or maybe he is purposely asking for a max, knowing that the hawks won't give it, so he can go to the Celtics and not get the crazy criticism that LeBron received?

Just something to think about...

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I would trade him for Josh in a heartbeat.  All you have to do is take a loook at that stat.  Big difference.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
lebron got criticism for making a tv show about his exit, not because of his exit.

Offline twistedrico14

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
I would not give up Jeff Green for Josh Smith, no thank you.

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Can we get Josh Smith without trading Jeff Green? I don't want to trade Jeff Green considering  how much investment the Celtics put on him.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
lebron got criticism for making a tv show about his exit, not because of his exit.

The celebration afterwards where he wade and bosh we're on stage brought the most "heat".

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14