Author Topic: Do You Think Jeff Green Can Still Be Better,.. Or Just Trade Him For Josh Smith?  (Read 13638 times)

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I'm a firm believer in Josh Smith.

Everyone seems to hate him, but disregard the fact Atlanta Hawks has always been a mid level team. They had the players and depth at one point to push for a championship, but never were able to do so.

I, for one, believe if Josh Smith/Jeff were a SF/PF combo, it would make for one heck of a interesting set up. Jeff has excelled in defending most dominant offensive players, Carmelo, Durant, Lebron, etc. Knowing Doc who would love to have a small ball, that is at least effective, Josh Smith would be swatting, and getting alot of rebounds, while at the same time being able to box out.

To me the complete player would be Josh Smith. Jeff has shown he can step it up, but at times remains very inconsistent, and still needs to learn to be more aggressive. Josh isn't afraid to be aggressive, and will drive to the paint for that jam even if it means taking a hit to do so. With playoff experience, and under a system where he's bound to succeed, Josh Smith would thrive.

Not to mention he wants to play with Rondo, and I believe his whole spiel of a max contract was so Hawks would refuse to re-sign him.

I have no doubt if he signed with Boston, that he would take a significant pay cut. I've actually seen him and Rondo play a few times in Oak Hill, and I was floored. You have no idea how amazing it is to see the two of them with such chemistry. If Josh was to join, I can easily expect him to perform better since he'll be getting better looks, and open shots.

As for Jared if he is still here, I would love to put him as a backup PF. Jared certainly deserves to be starting, but the last thing I want for him is to be injured again. If Josh Smith doesn't mind rotating minutes between him and Jared, then by all means I hope he comes here in the off season.

People tend to forget Josh Smith, at one point was the youngest player to ever record 1,000 blocks. With Josh Smith, and another defensive big clogging up the paint, chances of anyone trying to score on us would seem very dismal.

He also praised Beantown, and loves the city, what else could you ask for?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPrYKGegnqY

"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Offline BostonNative

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
I'M A huge j smooth fan and I was one of the people saying trade green for him, but we cant afford to do that. Green is our number 1 scorer now and smith is not putting up any 30 point games no matter what team he will be on. Green at this point in time is NEEDED for any type of celtic success. I doubt we getting anywhere any time soon with this team, but getting rid of green is not the answer.

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
People tend to forget Josh Smith, at one point was the youngest player to ever record 1,000 blocks. With Josh Smith, and another defensive big clogging up the paint, chances of anyone trying to score on us would seem very dismal.

I would love to see Josh Smith alongside a shot-blocking center. Those two weapons together defensively would be a sight to see. Intimidating.

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I'M A huge j smooth fan and I was one of the people saying trade green for him, but we cant afford to do that. Green is our number 1 scorer now and smith is not putting up any 30 point games no matter what team he will be on. Green at this point in time is NEEDED for any type of celtic success. I doubt we getting anywhere any time soon with this team, but getting rid of green is not the answer.

Sure about that?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E5CWPzxKw8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wllsUJfGfOU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-F4wm6-Kwo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bfHCd-VFts

Like I said the system for Josh Smith is flawed. He's supposed to be the next play maker behind Teague, and expected of so much... Josh Smith has good handles, and is good at passing the ball for a big man. I personally think Horford is the better choice, but Josh Smith is the more complete player. Josh Smith plays in a system where he isn't destined to succeed.

A big is always what we needed this year, and the lack of one has shown our true deficiencies on court.

We don't need to get rid of Green. The reason I think J-Smoove, and Jeff Green would work well as a duo.

I believe if J-Smoove came to Beantown, that he would as I repeat, take a severe pay cut. J-Smoove has always expressed interest in Celtics, and said multiple times he wished he was playing with his homeboi Rondo.

I would love to see Josh Smith alongside a shot-blocking center. Those two weapons together defensively would be a sight to see. Intimidating.

I agree. If we could just get someone like KG, with potential, then I see a bright future for us. We just need a defensive big, like Kendrick Perkins.
PG- Rondo
SG- Avery Bradley
SF- Jeff Green
PF- Josh Smith
C- Kendrick Perkins

I don't know about you, but thats one hell of a defensive team. Not to mention Jeff Green can spot up the 3, Josh Smith/Perkins will box out for the rebound. Bradley will trouble the opposing SG, with Rondo and AB being the back court pit bulls, and Lee waiting on the sideline to join in.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 12:01:15 PM by Monkhouse »
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different