Author Topic: We don't want Howard. We don't need Howard  (Read 4172 times)

We don't want Howard. We don't need Howard
« on: February 16, 2013, 02:25:34 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Even though the rumor seems not to be true at the moment, I'm surprised at how many people want to trade away a player like Rondo for a failure that is Dwight Howard.  If we need a prime example of how it's going to pan out, all you have to look at is the mess going on in Laker land at the moment.  They also thought Dwight automatically makes them a contender and they couldn't be more wrong.  And guess what, they have more starting five talents than we have.  If they couldn't make it work with Kobe and them, I don't know how it's going to work with KG and Pierce.  If you ask me, I'm not for trading Rondo at all but if we have to trade Rondo, certainly not for Dwight Howard.  I thought people got off this bandwagon already...

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

Re: We don't want Howard. We don't need Howard
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 02:36:25 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
key sentence, ''if they couldn't make it work with kobe''.The same guy that couldn't get along with shaq? Dwight is leading the league in rebounding, a defensive force ,and good for 17-20 points. Probably only playing at about 80%.

This is the same site in which 80% of the people who voted on the front page that they wouldn't trade big al for kg back in 2007 ::)

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 02:38:51 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
key sentence, ''if they couldn't make it work with kobe''.The same guy that couldn't get along with shaq? Dwight is leading the league in rebounding, a defensive force ,and good for 17-20 points. Probably only playing at about 80%.

This is the same site in which 80% of the people who voted on the front page that they wouldn't trade big al for kg back in 2007 ::)

Oh I wish the link was here. Haha
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 02:39:01 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I 100% endorse this thread.

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 02:46:48 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
Even though the rumor seems not to be true at the moment, I'm surprised at how many people want to trade away a player like Rondo for a failure that is Dwight Howard.  If we need a prime example of how it's going to pan out, all you have to look at is the mess going on in Laker land at the moment.  They also thought Dwight automatically makes them a contender and they couldn't be more wrong.  And guess what, they have more starting five talents than we have.  If they couldn't make it work with Kobe and them, I don't know how it's going to work with KG and Pierce.  If you ask me, I'm not for trading Rondo at all but if we have to trade Rondo, certainly not for Dwight Howard.  I thought people got off this bandwagon already...

Who are you trying to represent all Cs fans?? Please do not use “WE” but use “I…”Poor and miserable topic. No arguments at all. Somebody does not like Howard because of what? Ugly face?? A topic to be closed in my opinion...

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 02:52:02 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

Who are you trying to represent all Cs fans?? Please do not use “WE” but use “I…”Poor and miserable topic. No arguments at all. Somebody does not like Howard because of what? Ugly face?? A topic to be closed in my opinion...

I'm not representing anybody...but take it however you want, dude.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 03:02:39 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Don't speak for me. I would love to have Howard on this team, the best center in the NBA.

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2013, 03:03:17 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton

I'm not representing anybody...

...Please do not use “WE” but use “I"

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 03:19:04 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

I'm not representing anybody...

...Please do not use “WE” but use “I"

He did use "I" sir
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2013, 03:23:52 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
We want Howard.  We can't get Howard.

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2013, 03:27:28 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
The only way I want Howard here is if KG stays for a couple more, to teach him how to hate the guy not in Green.

Our weakness is Rebounding, protecting the rim right now, not ball movement.

Big Men are hard to come by. If you could convince Howard to stay it would be easier to bring in a PG then try to get a Big.

I love Rondo, but this is hard not to think about. We'd have a legit Center. Move KG back to PF were he can roam were he's at his best. Bring in a PG and back up PF and Miami might have a tough time with the new line up..

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2013, 03:28:18 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Has a team ever successfully traded an overrated poor shooting point guard with a torn ACL... for the best big man in the game? 

That would be the most ridiculous heist of all time.  In the NBA, big men win championships... not point guards.  Essentially every champion ever has had at least one elite big man on their roster. 

NOt going to happen.  It's been said before, but threads like this are the equivalent of the nerdy kid in chess club saying he wouldn't hook up with the head cheerleader, because she's "not hot enough".

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2013, 03:35:24 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
Speak for yourself, lol. Trading an injured pg for a big like Howard is something I want and need lol

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2013, 03:43:50 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
First condider that we would lose a top 5 point guard forever, and in return would get a rental on a wounded big man who either can not move, or will not move, and who's personality has already torn two teams apart.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2013, 03:53:20 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
He did use "I" sir

Are you sure??? Look at the title of the topic