Poll

Lots of rumors out there. If you were Ainge, which ones do you do, if any.

Rondo and filler (hopefully Bass) for Howard  and fill in roster with China/Euro/Dleague FAs.
27 (36.5%)
KG to Clips for Bledsoe/Jordan + filler
10 (13.5%)
PP to the highest bidder.
6 (8.1%)
Green/Lee + Melo + whatever for Josh Smith  and fill in roster with China/Euro/Dleague FAs
17 (23%)
Stand pat and pick up China/Euro/DLeague free agents
14 (18.9%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: POLL: Which trade(s)/route do you take? or not?  (Read 3485 times)

Re: POLL: Which trade(s)/route do you take? or not?
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2013, 05:40:04 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I would do Rondo (hopefully Bass) for Howard, he is having a down year, but IMO he will be back to normal sooner than latter.

That makes us better this year for sure, Rondo is down of course.

Still need a PG, so I guess you try to move PP for a Bledsoe/Butler package? or just roll with what we got.

I'll be surprised if Danny does anything big honestly.

The move to make IMO is PP for Smith, and try to add a shooter.

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2013, 07:28:36 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I would do the Howard trade (not happening) or the Smith trade (unlikely to happen), but not both.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2013, 07:40:29 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
trade Hondo Rondo for Howard, or Gasol.   

thinking less of trading Green ,  Bass ....whatever.....I'd do It I guess for Smith........long as it doesn't give Smithy a max deal.

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2013, 07:45:55 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
trade Hondo Rondo for Howard, or Gasol.   

thinking less of trading Green ,  Bass ....whatever.....I'd do It I guess for Smith........long as it doesn't give Smithy a max deal.

Gasol? What?

A Rondo-Bradley-Green-Smith-Howard is a championship contender no matter where you look from.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2013, 08:29:41 PM »

Offline 1dude

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
Really? Where would our free throws and clutchness come from.?

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2013, 08:44:30 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
I would do the Howard trade (not happening) or the Smith trade (unlikely to happen), but not both.

Co-sign.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2013, 12:18:33 AM »

Offline jamala22

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
I would go all in this year if we could somehow get Howard.  An 80% Howard playing center alongside of KG would shut down the paint.  Lee, Bradley, PP, KG and Howard would give any team a run with the Jet and possibly Green coming off the bench (assuming a Rondo/Bass Filler trade package, I'd throw in Melo and 1st to get this done).  We could find a few good FA's to give us some minutes (K-mart and even Delonte).

This way as well PP and KG could retire as Celtics.  Win Win.

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2013, 12:24:14 AM »

Offline jamala22

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
I'm also completely against a trade for Josh Smith.  He'd only be a half season rental, or I hope he'd only be a half season rental.  He is worth nowhere near the Max contract he's looking for.

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2013, 01:25:49 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
I would go all in this year if we could somehow get Howard.  An 80% Howard playing center alongside of KG would shut down the paint.  Lee, Bradley, PP, KG and Howard would give any team a run with the Jet and possibly Green coming off the bench (assuming a Rondo/Bass Filler trade package, I'd throw in Melo and 1st to get this done).  We could find a few good FA's to give us some minutes (K-mart and even Delonte).

This way as well PP and KG could retire as Celtics.  Win Win.

I agree with the idea of trading for Howard (or another star-level big/center), but I'd hesitate to put Delonte and Howard together in the locker room...too much clowning there, but so much talent, too.

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2013, 09:34:25 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Rondo for Howard is obviously the best option, but it's also the most unrealistic option.  They haven't spoken since Rondo was injured.  No way they'd trade Howard for a broken point guard.

You right, Rondo for now is injured, but LAL season is gonna be short, beaciuse they will not be in playoff, so they are not gonna need Howard after April 17

Im thinking they still have anchance

At the 8th seed? Maybe. Don't bet on it though. They are a very dysfunctional team with the locker room  full of tension.  Houston is 3 games up on them and the Blazers are one game behind them breathing down their necks and have been playing well of late.

Also, not sure if one and done as the 8th seed is acceptable to them.

If that is the case, maybe their mindset is "Let's get something for Howard before he bolts." He's obviously not happy there.

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2013, 01:20:59 PM »

Offline toine83

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 6

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2013, 02:07:24 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
My order is this:

1) Rondo for Howard.  The least likely to happen as this a top 5 PG for a top 2 Center.  It will take more than Rondo $$-wise and value wise to get Howard.  I understand the Howard reluctance, but this move leaves makes us an immediate contender.  May not work out, but my opinion is that you gamble when there is the chance to get a young dominant player.  He is not Vin Baker.

2) Green/Lee for Smith.  Though I am not a huge Smith fan, this provides us the best player in the deal and leaves KG and PP and a legit shot to do something significant in the playoffs this year or next. 

3) KG for Bledsoe/Jordan.   Step 1 to building future assets.  2 good young pieces add to a young talent pool that would now have Bradley, Sullinger, Bledsoe, Jordan, Rondo, Lee, Green and Melo.  Hate to trade KG but would do this ahead of standing pat.

4) Trade Pierce.  If you make the KG trade there is no reason to keep Pierce IF he brings back 2 additional assets -- perhaps a young talent and a pick.  C's would jump-start the rebuild by 2 years (at least) by getting assets for KG and PP. I'd hate to trade Pierce but he will return much more now than at the end of year or next year.

5) Do nothing (add a scrap heap PG and big).  As much as I love KG and Pierce, doing nothing is my least favorite strategy.  This team as is, is so unlikely to win anything more than maybe a round in the playoffs in the next 2 years that no big moves is, to me, the most disappointing.  I'd much rather start the re-build with the assets that KG and PP could return if we can't add a big talent to the current roster.   

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2013, 08:15:45 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
My order is this:

1) Rondo for Howard.  The least likely to happen as this a top 5 PG for a top 2 Center.  It will take more than Rondo $$-wise and value wise to get Howard.  I understand the Howard reluctance, but this move leaves makes us an immediate contender.  May not work out, but my opinion is that you gamble when there is the chance to get a young dominant player.  He is not Vin Baker.

2) Green/Lee for Smith.  Though I am not a huge Smith fan, this provides us the best player in the deal and leaves KG and PP and a legit shot to do something significant in the playoffs this year or next. 

3) KG for Bledsoe/Jordan.   Step 1 to building future assets.  2 good young pieces add to a young talent pool that would now have Bradley, Sullinger, Bledsoe, Jordan, Rondo, Lee, Green and Melo.  Hate to trade KG but would do this ahead of standing pat.

4) Trade Pierce.  If you make the KG trade there is no reason to keep Pierce IF he brings back 2 additional assets -- perhaps a young talent and a pick.  C's would jump-start the rebuild by 2 years (at least) by getting assets for KG and PP. I'd hate to trade Pierce but he will return much more now than at the end of year or next year.

5) Do nothing (add a scrap heap PG and big).  As much as I love KG and Pierce, doing nothing is my least favorite strategy.  This team as is, is so unlikely to win anything more than maybe a round in the playoffs in the next 2 years that no big moves is, to me, the most disappointing.  I'd much rather start the re-build with the assets that KG and PP could return if we can't add a big talent to the current roster.   

My order of preference is:

1. Howard
2. Smith
3.Stand pat
4.TradeKG/PP