Poll

Lots of rumors out there. If you were Ainge, which ones do you do, if any.

Rondo and filler (hopefully Bass) for Howard  and fill in roster with China/Euro/Dleague FAs.
27 (36.5%)
KG to Clips for Bledsoe/Jordan + filler
10 (13.5%)
PP to the highest bidder.
6 (8.1%)
Green/Lee + Melo + whatever for Josh Smith  and fill in roster with China/Euro/Dleague FAs
17 (23%)
Stand pat and pick up China/Euro/DLeague free agents
14 (18.9%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: POLL: Which trade(s)/route do you take? or not?  (Read 3459 times)

POLL: Which trade(s)/route do you take? or not?
« on: February 16, 2013, 11:24:48 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2237
Even though there are 5 selections, there seem to be 3 courses of action:

1. Big blowup: Trade KG and Pierce (it seems if one goes, they both go)
2. Retool on the fly: trade for Howard and/or Smith and keep the core intact to compete now and the next few years
3. Stay the course and get whatever FAs we can to plug the holes and keep Rondo as an asset to either build around or use as an asset to start over when PP and KG retire.

I would rather retool and trade for Howard and compete this year and into the future. I voted #1.

If we didn't trade Rondo for Howard, I would trade for Josh Smith. Both #1 and #4 give us a better chance to win this year with PP/KG and maybe the next two.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 11:48:20 AM by csfansince60s »

Re: POLL: Which trade(s)/route do you take? or not?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 02:32:46 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
I do not thing that is good idea to trade KG or PP. Both of them are the fundaments of this team, the spirit of this team. Most wise move is to get rid of Rondo and to get the best defender of the NBA. Also sign Delonte and some other player to fill up the roster.

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 02:34:15 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
How about a poll for none?

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 02:36:46 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Rondo for Howard is obviously the best option, but it's also the most unrealistic option.  They haven't spoken since Rondo was injured.  No way they'd trade Howard for a broken point guard.

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 02:37:22 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
None
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 02:43:02 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Dealing with either LA team just doesnt look right going forward with what we end up giving up. I like bledsoe/jordan deal but losing KG will suck the life out of this team.

Been on the smith bandwagon since day 1. If we can keep PP, KG, AND Rondo while getting Smoove I say Yes!

Also check stand pat since I think thats what Danny will do. Seems like when all the rumors run around the C's the less likely it happens. More likely we pick up some pf/guard
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 02:52:46 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
Rondo for Howard is obviously the best option, but it's also the most unrealistic option.  They haven't spoken since Rondo was injured.  No way they'd trade Howard for a broken point guard.

You right, Rondo for now is injured, but LAL season is gonna be short, beaciuse they will not be in playoff, so they are not gonna need Howard after April 17

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2013, 02:55:28 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

You right, Rondo for now is injured, but LAL season is gonna be short, beaciuse they will not be in playoff, so they are not gonna need Howard after April 17

Im thinking they still have anchance
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 02:56:07 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

That's obviously not that obvious.  Trading away Rondo for Howard would be a huge risk.  I'm not saying it's a risk that couldn't work out, but it would have a fairly large chance of ending up being a big mistake, as well.

That's kind of the thing with any course of action that Danny takes.  There is no surefire answer.  If there were, his job would be easy. 

For me, personally, seeing Rondo remain a Celtic is the one thing I'm sure that I want for the future of this franchise.  If there are options for putting young talent around him, I'd rather explore those options than get rid of him and start all over.   
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2013, 02:56:38 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Unless they see how big of a longshot their chances for making the playoffs are, if they have a low of opinion on their chances of keeping Howard beyond this year, and considering Howard's adamancy to be a free-agent and not commit to a team, makes his trade value possibilities quite limited, particularly considering how they've traded away their future draft picks, and would be left hopeless in a rebuilt effort if Howard walks.

Even though they have Howard, Lakers are not negotiating from a position of power with anyone.

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2013, 02:58:30 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

I can see that.

Perhaps the injury ups the price by a 1st.

Either way, LAL concedes this season and builds for the future, securing Rondo and dumping the Dwightmare, which didn't seem to work.

Rondo for Gasol instead?  Might be easier to take in LA, and would rid a Kobe feud for a Kobe fav.

Gasol comes back to bolster the team in time for the playoffs, which LA won't be in.  KG/Gasol/Pierce starting front line, with Bradley/Lee at guard, and a bench of JET, Green, and Wilcox.  Pretty outstanding 1-8.

Works for us either way, perhaps?  Gasol or Dwight?

The roster looks like we're an elite big away from being a true contender with Pierce and KG, with JET and Green filling big roles.

Rondo+Bass hopefully gets it done, but if the price includes a pick, I still think it's the way to go.

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2013, 04:55:22 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I wait until Rondo comes back from injury and evaluate his recovery, then decide to blow it up or go forward with him as part of the core.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2013, 05:04:07 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 864
  • GOT IT!!!
I wait until Rondo comes back from injury and evaluate his recovery, then decide to blow it up or go forward with him as part of the core.

KG and Pierce's trade value has no where to go but down. If Ainge waits around and those two retire the C's are left with nothing. This is tough situation for Ainge to be in. You want the vets for one last ride but you also want at least some pieces for the future.

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2013, 05:18:10 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I wouldn't trade them for the sake of trading them.  If I did trade them, I wouldn't want a big contract that goes beyond 2013-2014 unless it is a star who is worth a max contract.

I think that the team has a legitimate shot at being a contender next season, so I am not sacrificing that for a very vague future.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2013, 05:27:43 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
I wouldn't trade them for the sake of trading them.  If I did trade them, I wouldn't want a big contract that goes beyond 2013-2014 unless it is a star who is worth a max contract.

I think that the team has a legitimate shot at being a contender next season, so I am not sacrificing that for a very vague future.

Don't we have a legit shot with a star-level big man THIS year?

I think we do.

And when those chances are around, you take them.

So don't trade Pierce and KG, trade the other guys if you must, but we're close to contending right now.