Author Topic: Spears and Wojo confirm Celtics and Clippers talking KG  (Read 33543 times)

Re: Spears and Wojo confirm Celtics and Clippers talking KG
« Reply #180 on: February 17, 2013, 11:28:17 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Otherwise, it's a no brainer. 

Not really.  Some of us don't want to see the Celtics spend over 1/6th of their cap on a player as limited as DeAndre Jordan.

He's only signed for two years after this one.  Next year is a rebuilding effort and then he's a 26 year old center on an $11 mil expiring contract - very easy to move.

So we'd be trading KG for a guy whose biggest contribution may eventually be as an expiring contract?

Doesn't that make you realize why people aren't impressed with this rumor?

That why you then flip jordan and rondo for dwight, gives LA a all-star pg and a starting center (both Rondo and Jordan expire the same year as kobe)

C's end up with bledsoe and howard

« Reply #181 on: February 17, 2013, 11:43:21 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590
Idk which move is the right move, but the people who say "get a few more pieces. " need to consider we've been doing that the last few years and have 0 titles to show for it.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #182 on: February 17, 2013, 11:48:18 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Idk which move is the right move, but the people who say "get a few more pieces. " need to consider we've been doing that the last few years and have 0 titles to show for it.

There's no guarantees in life. I don't think there's been a year since 2008 where we didn't have a decent chance at a title if we were healthy. You can't ask for anything more than that.

« Reply #183 on: February 17, 2013, 12:11:47 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454

Not really.  Some of us don't want to see the Celtics spend over 1/6th of their cap on a player as limited as DeAndre Jordan.

He's only signed for two years after this one.  Next year is a rebuilding effort and then he's a 26 year old center on an $11 mil expiring contract - very easy to move.

So we'd be trading KG for a guy whose biggest contribution may eventually be as an expiring contract?

Your objection was that he would take up 1/6 of the cap - my point was that wasn't really much of a problem considering our likely position next year and his contract's easy mobility afterward. 

A young center on a deal that shouldn't cause us any problems and a rookie contract guard prospect that we can either keep (and trade Rondo or Bradley) or swap for a lotto pick - that's a pretty useful deal for a team that needs to start accumulating assets.

These are the kind of deals that make sense when you are entering a rebuild.  Young assets that can be developed or moved for other assets.  And if we get bad enough in the interim to a get a better pick all the better.

2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #184 on: February 17, 2013, 12:19:58 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I am starting to get the gut feeling that all these "rumors" are a bunch of hogwash.

Don't be surprised if come midnight on February 22, the roster is identical to the way it is now.

Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but it's probably what it will be.

Next we are going to hear that Lebron will dealt here for Wilcox.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 12:32:53 PM by gpap »

« Reply #185 on: February 17, 2013, 12:28:10 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
no way

« Reply #186 on: February 17, 2013, 12:33:27 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

That why you then flip jordan and rondo for dwight, gives LA a all-star pg and a starting center (both Rondo and Jordan expire the same year as kobe)

You do realize that trading KG, just so you can flip Rondo and Jordan for Howard is one of the most terrible trade ideas I've ever seen?

« Reply #187 on: February 17, 2013, 12:40:33 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

You do realize that trading KG, just so you can flip Rondo and Jordan for Howard is one of the most terrible trade ideas I've ever seen?

It's not that it's the worst ever, it's just that isn't necessary to give up so much. Honestly, you may be able to get Howard in a three-way deal with Bledsoe and Jordan going to LAL and Garnett going to LAC - no way am I giving up Rondo and Jordan for Howard - his value is as low as it is ever going to get...

« Reply #188 on: February 17, 2013, 01:00:37 PM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145
How do you not do this deal? The Celtics team is not contending. Eric Bledsoe and DeAndre Jordan are excellent young prospects - and you are trading a declining 36 year old who is going to retire soon. We haven't been true contenders for the last two years.

Did someone in this thread say Bledsoe can't shoot? He's shooting 43% from 3.

Did someone also say Jordan is a below average center? He's 24 years old and has an almost 17 PER and is only getting better.

I really don't want to watch this team be mediocre (as it has been this year) for the next couple years.

« Reply #189 on: February 17, 2013, 01:16:49 PM »

Offline dinome18

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 7
How do you not do this deal? The Celtics team is not contending. Eric Bledsoe and DeAndre Jordan are excellent young prospects - and you are trading a declining 36 year old who is going to retire soon. We haven't been true contenders for the last two years.

Did someone also say Jordan is a below average center? He's 24 years old and has an almost 17 PER and is only getting better.

I really don't want to watch this team be mediocre (as it has been this year) for the next couple years.

« Reply #190 on: February 17, 2013, 01:17:18 PM »

Offline dinome18

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 7

Agreed!!

« Reply #191 on: February 17, 2013, 01:39:22 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
You won't get a better package for KG.

But I would still like to see us add to the team and try to make a run at it.

Outside of Miami the east is wide open and you just never know.  I mean if Lebron were to get something like a concussion in a playoff series and was forced to sit out games, then everything changes.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #192 on: February 17, 2013, 01:47:46 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Any new news here?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #193 on: February 17, 2013, 02:05:03 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Outside of Miami the east is wide open and you just never know.  I mean if Lebron were to get something like a concussion in a playoff series and was forced to sit out games, then everything changes.

Why are people so afraid of competing against LeBron? It's been the same crap for the past 5 or so years, and LeBron has won the championship only once, and he barely got it last year.

« Reply #194 on: February 17, 2013, 03:02:02 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Why are people so afraid of competing against LeBron? It's been the same crap for the past 5 or so years, and LeBron has won the championship only once, and he barely got it last year.

I agree.  I wouldn't want to play the Heat in the playoffs without James.  I want to see what we can do against them at full health. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson